• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 28, 2017 (Jul 10 - Jul 16)

Richie

no digital included. DL cards sales are included though.

Thanks pal!

Considering we were expecting Switch hardware sales to be on the same level as the last few weeks, that upwards of 100k is music to my ears at this point (of course it had the potential to be much bigger, but I trust Ninty is doing all they can to produce more. I'd hope so at any rate!).

horuhe

Switch did really well! I guess Famitsu is doing adjustments again though... SSplatoon number are lower than expected but impressive as well.

Kangi

Pessimist in me said that the Switch wouldn't hit six digits. Actually all of me said that. Glad I got proven wrong.

Little lower than I hoped for Splatoon, though.

Solo ran the Rainmaker (helped that our roller flanked and splatted half of them) in a 3v4 and won. Good stuff.

That's another reason it's easier to rank up in Rainmaker: it's way easier to carry.

i know the topic right now is about splatoon 2, but wrong thread lol

tie ratio 1:2

the mighty Smash Bros Melee record is safe ;)

and 100k Switch as I expected, hope the shipments won't fall back at 20k weekly

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu sales preliminary report

Spratoon 2 weekly sales: 670.955
(Aggregation period: July 21, 2017 - July 23, 2017 / Number of days on sale: 3 days)

Switch LTD sales: 1.205.087
(Aggregation period: March 3, 2017 - July 23, 2017)

Splatoon weekly sales: 156.610
(Aggregation period: May 28, 2015 - May 31, 2015 / Number of days on sale: 4 days)

Wii U LTD sales: 2.333.622
(Aggregation period: December 8, 2012 - July 23, 2017)

Splatoon LTD = 1.512.789 until July 23, 2017, previous known number was 1.488.255 until February 2, 2017

Job listing for character and monster motion design work on a PS4 action game / numbered title in a popular / super-famous / large-scale series at a major company in Shinjuku: https://www.fellow-s.co.jp/job/actor_company/view/3385

Company is not listed, but Square Enix is a 15 mins walk from Shinjuku Station, so it could be them. Don't know what it could be though. Dragon Quest Heroes and Dissidia Final Fantasy are both produced by Koei Tecmo, Final Fantasy VII Remake is pretty open about what it is on job postings, and Kingdom Hearts III is being developed in Osaka.

Hmm, it could be for the 16th coming, who knows.

Mory Dunz

Given how our expections for switch software kept going lower and lower, 102 doesn't sound half bad.

Splatoon FW is is below the yso prediction. But the game is gonna sell for forever so the opening isn't super interesting for me.

crinale

Quite impressive but I think HW sales is especially good.
(I was underestimating how much NIntendo could prepare for bundle).

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Now the wait for Media Create numbers and how different they will be. Since all retailers got big restocks (amazon including) maybe we won't see big differences at hardware this time.

If Media Create is close bundles were 60-70k.

DKHF

My guess of 741k for Splatoon 2 for this month's prediction league turned out being not too bad. Was thinking it was way too conservative in the last few days and that Splatoon would top it in its first week. Still really good performance though, just that prediction of mine might not be as far off as I thought.

Ōkami

We might be getting data of how much bundles were sold from Media Create.

Splatoon 2's first week are the biggest for a Nintendo game since Smash Bros, on 3DS, less than 50k below that of Final Fantasy XV's.

Depending on how much Mario Kart 8 sold it might be over 600k this week too.

Wii U LTD sales: 1.512.789
(Aggregation period: May 28, 2015 - July 23, 2017)
This is actually the LTD of the original game.

Wii U had sold 2.3m when it came out, it has only sold 1m since.

MoonFrog

Ōkami;244513333 said:

I don't know if it was intentional, but I read that soo like goo because of your avatar, I say as one slime avatar to another. (And I have done that before, I cannot lie :p)

noshten

Now the wait for Media Create numbers and how different they will be. Since all retailers got big restocks (amazon including) maybe we won't see big differences at hardware this time.

If Media Create is close bundles were 60-70k.

We will also see how big of a difference there is between Amazon and Download Cards - since that's the main thing separating the two trackers.
In any case this is slightly below my expectations for the launch, I thought it would be over 750K.

In terms of hw, Nintendo has really to be really pissed off that they were unable to scale up prior to the launch. They could have easily had a bigger week than the launch week with Splatoon 2 if stock was available.

KtSlime

Given how our expections for switch software kept going lower and lower, 102 doesn't sound half bad.

Splatoon FW is is below the yso prediction. But the game is gonna sell for forever so the opening isn't super interesting for me.

It's lower than I had hoped, but even so, launch week it has already outsold all but 29 games (22 of which are 3DS, 6 Wii U, and 1 PS4). Not even a week old and it is the 30th best selling game of gen 8 (or best selling game of gen 9).

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Well so much for the people predicting the Switch to sell ~50k.
I'll take my lashings now. Didn't think they would deliver for the launch week of splatoon 2 and instead pull consecutive weeks of higher-than-average stock. Wondering whether it'll drop back to around 25k next week though.

wrowa

It's a shame we don't have a (reliable) source for eShop sales. I'd love to know if releasing Splatoon 2 an evening early had an effect on sales compared to other digital releases from Nintendo (then again, I'd assume Splatoon had a higher than normal digital ratio to begin with considering what kind of game it is).

L~A

Great debut for Splatoon 2, but it's clearly being held back by the Switch. I wonder if it could have reached 1m FW if Nintendo had shipped enough units leading to and on launch day. With all the pent up demand for Switch, I'd say it's likely.

As for Switch, it's a great result too, wasn't sure it could top 100k this week, so that's good news. Biggest shipment since launch week, iirc.

Certainly makes the various "panic episodes" regarding Switch shipments in the past few pages even more amusing (goes to show the panic / hype button should be left alone until concrete data is out, there's really no point in over-analyzing incomplete and vague reports).

Xbro

I recall Nintendo giving us some numbers for Splatoon 1 which we were able to derive the first month digital sales from.

Fukuzatsu

I'll be curious to see the numbers from overseas, because while it's plain to see that Splatoon (and the Switch more generally) is something of a phenomenon in Japan, I don't get the same vibe from other territories' reception.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what the distribution of sales was like for the first game?

Gradivus

I'll be curious to see the numbers from overseas, because while it's plain to see that Splatoon (and the Switch more generally) is something of a phenomenon in Japan, I don't get the same vibe from other territories' reception.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what the distribution of sales was like for the first game?

Well we know at least in NA amazon's rankings for best sellers for 2017 it's behind both versions of Zelda, Mario Kart 8 D and Horizon.

random25

Splatoon 1 had 4.8M sales, about 1.5M of those are from Japan. So it did about 3M overseas.

Oregano

Job listing for character and monster motion design work on a PS4 action game / numbered title in a popular / super-famous / large-scale series at a major company in Shinjuku: https://www.fellow-s.co.jp/job/actor_company/view/3385

Company is not listed, but Square Enix is a 15 mins walk from Shinjuku Station, so it could be them. Don't know what it could be though. Dragon Quest Heroes and Dissidia Final Fantasy are both produced by Koei Tecmo, Final Fantasy VII Remake is pretty open about what it is on job postings, and Kingdom Hearts III is being developed in Osaka.

Seiken Densetsu.

Top Bottom