• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2017 (Jul 24 - Jul 30)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Switch owners should keep their foot still for a while since they will be the ones profiting quite a bit from the fact that all these japanese devs decided to back consoles and the PS4 2-3 years ago. Would have been easy to say fuck it and just focus on the mobile market and drop low budget 3DS/Vita games.

The fact that they were ready to greenlight big HD games like Ninokuni 2, Monster Hunter World or Dragon Quest XI is good for the overall market....and all their experiences with the new engines will make the transition to Switch easier. Everything Capcom and the MH team learns from MHW will be applied the Portable 5th or whatever the next Switch game will be called.

We are still very early in Switch lifecycle and the potential im seeing is greater than what i saw on WiiU and 3DS development wise....because adjusting whatever engine/environment they are using on PS4/PC to Switch will be easier this time.

Same way i saw the PS4 having much greater potential than the PS3.
PS4/Switch are the future and both will benefit from each other. This were two great weeks for the tradition market.

The PS4 vs. Switch thing is so irritating to me because both system are successful and seem to get support you could hope they would get from japanese developers and publishers.

3DS was successor to a popular platform. When you come from a failed console (Wii U), companies won't have much confidence with your new product (Switch). This is going to change soon with Switch but as of right now, as fdkn said, there is no reason to still keep salty over a decision that was made in 2013 when the future was uncertain.

Monster Hunter World on PS4,Xbox One and PC is here to stay while there is zero reason to doubt another Monster Hunter might make its way to Switch after the success of XX. The post I quoted was trying to be over-the-top at Capcom while in the case of Switch, I am seeing more support from them now that USFII is successful. But this support will take time.

1) The Switch is the successor to the Wii U, AND Nintendo's very successful handheld venture. You can't isolate one when the platform consolidates 2 lines, and claim objectivity. It wasn't a complete unknown factor.

2) I wouldn't call what Capcom is providing the switch "more support" as much as I'd call it "oh shit, fart out another quick as fuck low cost test because the market there is hungry". Not dissimilar to the original Wii.

Lizardus

There are two teams who work on MH. Tsujimoto's team who make the numbered games and Ichinose's team who make the Portable/Cross games. Tsujimoto's team is working on World for PS4/Xbox/PC and part of Ichinose's team just released Double Cross. That team will need some time to prepare a new Switch game.

3DS got two new games quickly because both teams were focused on one platform at the time.

Daisuke Ichihara is the director of MHXX. Ichinose directed X/Generations.

Anoxida

I mean the whole "install base has to grow too" is kinda weird. The 3DS had an original MH game released for it in its first year and MH4 was announced in its first year too, when the install base wasn't anything crazy either.

Install base is not the reason at play here.

What? Didnt 3ds have like over 10 million sold by then?

Any way everything about MHW sounds incredibly good to me I think the visuals and gameplay has reached a level where it's presentable for mainstream west and it's going to be a smash hit over here. I think capcom are making a smart gamble here that will pay off. Hopefully next 'numbered' game will release on switch too.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Double Cross is an expansion of an existing game which itself recycled many assets of previous games. It's not that it required huge resources.

Nothing indicates Capcom had plans for a Monster Hunter Switch all along. Even Double Cross Switch looks like a rushed non planned port after seeing initial success in Japan.

jrDev

I see the MH situation reasonable from Capcom side at the moment.

Switch had a sucessful launch but the user base is still small for what Capcom wishes for a MH game. The potential for Switch is there but the userbase is increasing at low pace mainly due Nintendo supply issues... we are looking here at 12-13m userbase in it first year (if you use the forecast as base).

At the same time PS4 is already big grow platform with over 60k userbase for MH... plus the easy port to XB1 without any asset change helps the simultaneous release and add more 30 potential buyers to the math.

MH will be launching in a userbase of over 90 million of users.

That is right now the most reasonable and no risk decision from Capcom... any third party will follow similar thinking.

Switch is still a potential platform to grow but it needs to prove itself in future years creating a userbase big enough to 3rd choose to release their games and that is exactly what Switch doesn't have right now.

The fact that Switch require more work for a port with change in the assets, etc... just makes it a even desired platform to receive PC/PS4/XB1 multiplatforms... Switch hardware is pretty much mobile phones like that follow a way different development branch than the PC like hardware found in PS4/XB1.

The platform chooses by Capcom for the new MH was smart and safe.

Let's see how Switch sales will be in more two or three years... peharps closing 50 million? When Switch showed a actual potential and not a future potential I'm sure Capcom will run fast to put a new MH in the platform.

Switch is still an unknown variable for 3rd parties.
How long did it take before MH4 was announced for the 3DS?

cw_sasuke

Double Cross is an expansion of an existing game which itself recycled many assets of previous games. It's not that it required huge resources.

Nothing indicates Capcom had plans for a Monster Hunter Switch all along. Even Double Cross Switch looks like a rushed non planned port after seeing initial success in Japan.

Even IF they had planned...they would show or tease them when their big release for 2018 is MHW. I mean we know how Japanese publishers operate. I dont even know what for proof you would be looking at to confirm if Capcom has plans for a MH Switch in 2019.

What? Didnt 3ds have like over 10 million sold by then?

Any way everything about MHW sounds incredibly good to me I think the visuals and gameplay has reached a level where it's presentable for mainstream west and it's going to be a smash hit over here. I think capcom are making a smart gamble here that will pay off. Hopefully next 'numbered' game will release on switch too.

The sales week before 3G and 4 was announced .

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444877

Lizardus

How many MHXX edition Switches do you think Nintendo has produced overall? Significant amount or truly a limited edition thrown together at the last minute?

Datschge

The fact that they were ready to greenlight big HD games like Ninokuni 2, Monster Hunter World or Dragon Quest XI is good for the overall market....
Not that I disagree with your overall post, but including Ninokuni 2 in that list doesn't help your point seeing how Level 5 keeps exposure of the game to a bare minimum in Japan.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
How many MHXX edition Switches do you think Nintendo has produced overall? Significant amount or truly a limited edition thrown together at the last minute?
50k is the upper limit and that already looks very high to me. That number divided by 2 is likely closer.

cw_sasuke

Capcom released MHXX 3DS this year, while preparing for the big MHW launch early 2018. Meanwhile Switch is getting a HD version for MH XX.

Some just might overestimate Capcoms output...there is only so much MH you can release/teaser per anno.
Not that I disagree with your overall post, but including Ninokuni 2 in that list doesn't help your point seeing how Level 5 keeps exposure of the game to a bare minimum in Japan.

Considering how well the first game sold on PS3 i cant blame them - this is clearly a game Bamco was pushing for the Global market, which is fine.

Vena

I mean the whole "install base has to grow too" is kinda weird. The 3DS had an original MH game released for it in its first year and MH4 was announced in its first year too, when the install base wasn't anything crazy either.

Install base is not the reason at play here.

The "install base has to grow" is not invalid but its a bit two-faced in terms of what it means. The install base *will* grow, even dead platforms see some growth, but they have to be spurred to grow by or because of something. SE grew their DQ fanbase (successfully) by getting in front of the PS4 and putting DQ *new* games on it, or on the 3DS by doing both new games and remasters/remakes.

You, of course, want to sell your product to as large of a potential audience as possible but you have to, in general, put some effort in to accomplish that and grow an audience that wants your product. For some third parties that got in early (as Ani mentioned), its been very good (or those like SE have already made it clear how they'll be their by announcing projects early and even showcased at reveal the Octopath). They've now carved out unexpected successes through early arrivals, word of mouth, or some degree of brand recognition, and can build off of that.

Capcom's arrived with a cheap port they had zero faith in, a mistimed XX port that they themselves kneecapped (and then proceeded to piss of some of their western fanbase with), and very out of the blue RER1+2 ports. This isn't generally how you go about fostering an audience that wants your product even if/when it does grow as install bases are want to do, and when you bring "the" product to market.

They may not actually mean it like "test" as one would recall from the Wii days (and they probably don't and this is more a case of ill chosen wording) and how badly Capcom mishandled their "test" games and the successes that followed, but they themselves poisoned the mindset back then and it haunts them to this day as being a word associated with idiocy when it comes to ports.

Capcom and "test games" is a textbook example misreading of a market, and people remember it and make jokes about it.

Regardless of what Capcom has or has not planned, the problem is that what Chris says here is what it *looks like* to an observer and potential audience member. That's the problem.

Ōkami

DGUUS0RUAAAavi6.jpg

3DS: 6.79m (+12%)
PS4: 5.49m (+40%)
SWI: 2.70m
PSV: 1.44m (-55%)
WIU: 416k (-70%)
PS3: 133k (-88%)
XB1: 13.5k (-59%)

This was the biggest week for software in 2017 and bigger than any week of 2016 or 2015, chances are its the biggest week since the launch of Pokémon X/Y, but there are a couple of 2014 weeks that could've been bigger, namely tha launch week for Pokémon ORAS and Yokai Watch 2G, more than 2.4m games sold for the week.

Dengeki doesn't give shipment data of DQXI for some reason, though they think digital must've been some 10%-15% so they think launch was on par with IX, we might have to wait for MC to get shipped data, if we get any.

Its also the biggest week for software the PS4 has seen, with over a million games sold, previous biggest week was the launch of FFXV, with less than 850k games sold, by the end of this week the LTD difference between PS4 and PSV will be below 1m.

1) The Switch is the successor to the Wii U, AND Nintendo's very successful handheld venture. You can't isolate one when the platform consolidates 2 lines, and claim objectivity. It wasn't a complete unknown factor.

2) I wouldn't call what Capcom is providing the switch "more support" as much as I'd call it "oh shit, fart out another quick as fuck low cost test because the market there is hungry". Not dissimilar to the original Wii.
Switch is NOT a successor to 3DS in any shape or form right now. This is pretty clear if you look at the support for 3DS by Nintendo and the comments made by Reggie. You can pretend to think otherwise but the reality is different and there is no reason to deny it.

Switch is basically an evolution of a platform that should make it easier for Nintendo and other 3rd party developers to support two different platforms, a handheld, and a a console. It is not meant to replace 3DS but the next step in Nintendo's strategy might be to replace it through a handheld that uses the same 'Switch' platform. This hasn't happened YET.

Capcom has released USF II, announced MHXX and RE REV1+2 and this is within 6 months of launch. How is that support terrible? I am starting to feel like Switch owners will never be satisfied. It will be always one game after another. Once a developer announces a game, they will move on to the next and keep demanding it. Switch already has more future support for it than PS Vita, which started off strong with Capcom support as they released UMVC 3 and had SFxT announced.

Right now, Switch has Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter, both of which belong to the Top 3 IPs of Capcom. They are not necessarily new games and ports but this doesn't really discount their value. To me, it shows Capcom is confident in making it a platform that they will support in the future but these plans will take time and so have some patience.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Switch is NOT a successor to 3DS in any shape or form right now. This is pretty clear if you look at the support for 3DS by Nintendo and the comments made by Reggie. You can pretend to think otherwise but the reality is different and there is no reason to deny it.

Switch is basically an evolution of a platform that should make it easier for Nintendo and other 3rd party developers to support two different platforms, a handheld, and a a console. It is not meant to replace 3DS but the next step in Nintendo's strategy might be to replace it through a handheld that uses the same 'Switch' platform. This hasn't happened YET.

Capcom has released USF II, announced MHXX and RE REV1+2 and this is within 6 months of launch. How is that support terrible? I am starting to feel like Switch owners will never be satisfied. It will be always one game after another. Once a developer announces a game, they will move on to the next and keep demanding it. Switch already has more future support for it than PS Vita, which started off strong with Capcom support as they released UMVC 3 and had SFxT announced.

Right now, Switch has Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter, both of which belong to the Top 3 IPs of Capcom. They are not necessarily new games and ports but this doesn't really discount their value. To me, it shows Capcom is confident in making it a platform that they will support in the future but these plans will take time and so have some patience.

Come on this has always been an absolutely dreadful arguement right from when th switch was announced. It's getting the next main line Pokemon. That's all she wrote.

Thank you.

Seriously, thank you. I needed this shit to be entirely convinced of something I was thinking about for a while: leaving GAF for at least one year.

I just feel like, by being a Nintendo fan and by sustaining a specific theory that shouldn't be this ostracised since it should be rational enough (a very successful platform in Japan and WW getting support from Japanese third party developers) I shouldn't feel as inferior of a person as I feel staying here and even trying to bring more contexts to discussions when it's possible. It's probably a specific period in GAF history where the vast amount of users just aren't fit for discussions and just want to confirm their bias anyway on every side, extremising their own opinions so they are considered and not ignored, but I just don't see enough stimulations. What's the purpose of trying to discuss a hot topic and to receive as most frequent answers "No it won't", followed by "For reasons / 'cause PS4 baby / ‘cause Nintendo baby / 'cause nothing can change, see the Wii", as well as the opposite extreme (because, let's not deny it, there are Gaffers with an insufferable Nintendo-bias here as well, and they have a good part in the current state of things). I don't feel compelled to join this kind of discussions, I just feel misplaced here. And, again, an inferior person for just being a Nintendo fan with a deep interested in sales.

So, I've decided to take a one year+ of retirement from GAF. I'll just come here to mainly check PMs (in case people want to speak with me of different topics) and check specific threads / posts, mainly from the archive. For everything else? I'm out, do whatever you want , be as trollish as you want, whatever your side is, I just can't stand to get irritated by shit like this anymore.

This unfortunately means that the eShop rankings threads will stop again, and I'm sorry it came down to this, but I feel I have to. I'll see if I can find another way to post them (Twitter?).

I just hope that the next year, when I'll be back, GAF will be a better place, including sales discussions. And hopefully my theory will see confirmations from reality itself as well :p But above all a better place for rational, as-unbiased-as-possible discussions, alongside the rest.

So, everyone, it's been a pleasure with some, not with others. See you the next year.

TBH tho I think that is the nature of sales.

It causes stress an anxiety about performance, market health, all sorts of things dying or living. You feel tremendous relief when things go well.

But I feel we're over ascribing importance to things that arent really relevant to life, maybe to the business in the sort term, but not to the people running the business

Nintendo's still around because they've been reinventing themselves again and again for over 128 years. They'll keep doing what they do best, making great experiences that foster wonderful memories in people.

I feel like the stress of the Wii U era did undue damage to Iwata and made his body weaker, which made it easier for his cancer to grow. To me that's sad, that a man who put a lot of care into his job, was consistently chided and derided for taking decisions that prioritized the health of the people he was working with. Iwata did a lot of good and he never deserved all the shit he got on GAF when it came to the work he did as Nintendo's CEO.

Truth is neither success nor failure is permanent and we'd all be better off if we took on a growth oriented mindset instead of a fixed mindset when it comes to our changes as people ( and the market itself)

A 9 year old port a 6 month old port that's been sabotage and a 5 and 2 year old port. And having no new games announced is not even decent support.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Come on this has always been an absolutely dreadful arguement right from when th switch was announced. It's getting the next main line Pokemon. That's all she wrote.
Switch didn't need the Pokemon announcement to become obvious it's the next handheld. It was already obvious from Nintendo's 3DS support since the beginning of the year.

Nothing Nintendo has been releasing on 3DS indicates that Switch isn't the successor. It's obvious that all of their internal development is focused on Switch.

Yeah, I'm mostly talking about the supposed period when it was just PS4. We have that recent interview, which seems conflicted about that story, but it itself also points to it earlier in the interview, in line with the earlier reports.

That would be an extremely odd decision that SE walked back with the 3DS version, if it indeed was the decision. It would also have been a decision made in ~2013 and had to have been expecting a better result for PS4 in Japan.

Moreover, if it were the decision, I think you get this picture:

That is, I take Horii at his word as wanting to make the game for a stationary console and SE as willing to believe that DQ could be a success on PS4 and letting that happen. I don't know what the power dynamic is there, but I assume Horii's desires have to also line up with business decisions. So I think if 3DS version was indeed a later addition, SE was being very bullish on PS4 in 2013 or so.

DQ Japan was "saved" by the 3DS version, in that those allowed it to achieve DQ-like sales. PS4 version performed very well for the PS4. It outperformed most early estimates. It almost sold as much as the 3DS version. The thing is, I don't think that result could have been much higher and that is both praise and indicative of the necessity of the 3DS version to achieve 2.5-4 million total sales lifetime in Japan.

The problem remains, as D.Lo points out, that this was a very costly way to maintain sales at DQ-like levels, when that could also have been achieved on 3DS alone at an earlier date and that highlights just how odd wrt business the presumed initial decision was.

Aside:

I do think this decision could pay off in the west. The problem is, if DQXI just mimics the sales of other Japanese games doing well lately, then it hasn't paid off: DQ already hit those sorts of numbers with both VIII and IX. Here I think multiplatform could help, if it comes over that way. Say DQ XI sells P5 good on PS4 in the west. That'd be very modest growth over previous entries. Say it also sells a couple 100k on Switch, that adds to that growth pile. Say it sells about 100k on 3DS too. Some more to the growth pile.

Couple that with a Switch port of the PS4 version in Japan for another, let's say, <500k and you get more out of the decision to start on PS4.

(Note: IX suggests a hypothetical earlier 3DS release could've also done ~1 million. I'm guessing a) Switch will still be too small to support that and b) 3DS will be past its prime in 2018. I think in 2018 it clearly goes PS4>Switch>3DS for western sales).

Maybe instead DQXI PS4 blows DQVIII completely out of the water? But that would be it doing better than the current trend of successful Japanese games that we are talking about. Perhaps that tide rises it higher than the Personas of the world?

This and MHW, another decision made in presumably 2013 or so, highlight that going into PS4 there were some bullish decisions on the part of some Japanese developers.

I don't expect the same will pan out to be true of 2016 for Switch when we get to 2019 or so. I think this sort of behavior is simply not something Nintendo or the domestic Japanese market inspires.

I do think Switch will get a healthy portion of sensible decisions in its favor.

But in any case, my whole point in bringing this up is we're in a time where Switch users are with bated breath wrt Japanese support for their system, with mixed signals including tepid remarks from major 3DS partners like Capcom, and a time when PS4 is seeing these strange unlooked for "holy grails" in terms of support. They're at different parts in their life--we weren't going to know the quality of Switch support for a while no matter how PS4 is doing--but the juxtaposition of these two states makes the Switch support situation look worse than it is.

Right now people are hearing about faith in PS4 in 2013 and hearing noncommittal comments about Switch.

So it was a multifaceted post: this little side-tangent about the difference in how Nintendo and Sony can attract support and a meta-commentary about why this current situation feeds into Switch anxiety, despite the fact that it really shouldn't.

My personal hope is a stronger ps4 worldwide and a growing switch can allow japanese companies to grow and sell more games to a worldwide audience without copying the worst habits of western companies because they believe some stupid things.

Capcom especially when it comes to not knowing how to support devices on the market

To be fair, Marvelous is still releasing their biggest franchise as a Switch exclusive, and most already saw Senran Kagura as a mismatch for the Nintendo audience.

It still sells decently though

Rolf NB

Reggie is just third-pillar-hedging his bets for now.
The Switch introduction only makes sense if the 3DS line goes away. Many risks have been taken in the design of the thing, which are easiest summarized by its price. For what, if not to gain on the software development side?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Switch didn't need the Pokemon announcement to become obvious it's the next handheld. It was already obvious from Nintendo's 3DS support since the beginning of the year.

I know but it's the final undeniable nail in th coffin. That's why I said it was obvious since the switch was announced since you'd have to bewillfully ignorant of the future support, company history and stated goals to think the switch would not suceed the 3DS.

MoonFrog

My personal hope is a stronger ps4 worldwide and a growing switch can allow japanese companies to grow and sell more games to a worldwide audience without copying the worst habits of western companies because they believe some stupid things.

Yep. Switch/PS4 multiplatform is the dream. Bridge that PS3/DS gap. Get mid-tier software out on both to a larger domestic and a larger foreign audience. Develop a broader audience. Have more creative freedom being not attached to "westaboo" nor looking for a dedicated niche in Japan.

@MpI90: This post was meant for you after I re-read your post to me and realized that I was only answering part of what you were saying to me.

I know but it's the final undeniable nail in th coffin. That's why I said it was obvious since the switch was announced since you'd have to bewillfully ignorant of the future support, company history and stated goals to think the switch would not suceed the 3DS.
Pokemon has been on consoles too, you know. Since when has it been a checkmark for a handheld?

Seems like people just skimped most of my post where I clearly said that Nintendo will likely release a 'handheld' version of the 'Switch' platform later down the line, which is when they will likely replace the 3DS. The current Switch is not meant to replace the 3DS.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Right. Where do you see Switch end up by the end of this year? The stock situation is what is making it harder to predict and even then, some people remain skeptical over the so called baseline.
Switch will end there where Nintendo decides with shipments. Even with only 3m this CY that's a rapid increase in user base,I don't see what's not clear for its performance this or next year.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Pokemon has been on consoles too, you know. Since when has it been a checkmark for a handheld?

Seems like people just skimped most of my post where I clearly said that Nintendo will likely release a 'handheld' version of the 'Switch' platform later down the line, which is when they will likely replace the 3DS. The current Switch is not meant to replace the 3DS.

Mainline Pokemon has never been on consoles not once only spinoffs have. Why are you talking about whether the switch is or is not handheld if you don't even know this?

Fiendcode

Mainline Pokemon has never been on a home console before unless you count using handheld adapters (Super GB on SNES, GB Pak on N64/Stadium, GB Player on GC).

]Pokemon has been on consoles too, you know. Since when has it been a checkmark for a handheld?

Yes games not made by Game Freak the Switch game is made by Game Freak.

Lizardus

Mainline Pokemon hasn't been on consoles ever. Also, a handheld only console would have to be branded something other than Switch and I don't think it would be wise to have another branding mistake like "WiiU is an add-on for Wii" for Nintendo.

Mainline Pokemon has never been on consoles not once only spinoffs have. Why are you talking about whether the switch is or is not handheld if you don't even know this?

What mainline Pokemon game has been on home consoles?

Mainline Pokemon has never been on a home console before unless you count using handheld adapters (Super GB on SNES, GB Pak on N64/Stadium, GB Player on GC).

Yes games not made by Game Freak the Switch game is made by Game Freak.

Mainline Pokemon hasn't been on consoles ever. Also, a handheld only console would have to be branded something other than Switch and I don't think it would be wise to have another branding mistake like "WiiU is an add-on for Wii" for Nintendo.
Do we already know details about the new Pokemon? Is it a brand new mainline game? Have I been living under a rock or what? All we know is that they are working on a new Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch and with no release year or window specified for it. In the same direct, they announced Pokken for Switch so what makes it clear that this is a new mainline Pokemon?

I am not alone in thinking Nintendo will release a standalone Switch handheld though. Like I said, 'Switch' is the birth of a platform that will make it easier to develop for handheld/console and doesn't separate the userbase between both platforms. Handheld Switch with an updated design with a slightly different branding and cheaper price will work.

Reggie is just third-pillar-hedging his bets for now.
The Switch introduction only makes sense if the 3DS line goes away. Many risks have been taken in the design of the thing, which are easiest summarized by its price. For what, if not to gain on the software development side?

This is probably not the thread, but easing software development was always the stated goal of making a shared architecture across multiple types of systems.
I expect their next dedicated handheld will be able to run Switch cards natively, but its not impossible for it to be its own thing with very easy ports as it'll be using the same or similar SoC. Contrast to Smash, Hyrue/Fire Emblem Warriors, DKR, Xenoblade, Yoshi's Wooly world, Super Mario Maker 3DS versions which all likely required a fair bit of effort.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Do we already know details about the new Pokemon? Is it a brand new mainline game? Have I been living under a rock or what? All we know is that they are working on a new Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch and with no release year or window specified for it. In the same direct, they announced Pokken for Switch so what makes it clear that this is a new mainline Pokemon?

I am not alone in thinking Nintendo will release a standalone Switch handheld though. Like I said, 'Switch' is the birth of a platform that will make it easier to develop for handheld/console and doesn't separate the userbase between both platforms. Handheld Switch with an updated design with a slightly different branding and cheaper price will work.

Yes it was specifically stated it was a mainline game right at it's annoucement.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, the Pokemon is mainline. They had specified so at E3.

What defines this "handheld" switch you speak of? Will it not dock? Will it be smaller? There will be hardware updates pushing better specs in the future for sure, but at what point does the hybrid nature of the switch definitively become a "handheld" for you?

wmlk

"GAME FREAK HAS STARTED DEVELOPING A CORE RPG TITLE ON NINTENDO SWITCH"

Ōkami

PSN

PS4

01/NEW. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix) – {29/07/2017} (¥9.698)
02/05. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (Mojang) – {25/12/2014} (¥2.592)
03/00. Battlefield 1 (57% OFF) (Electronic Arts) – {18/10/2016} (¥3.622)
04/06. Final Fantasy XIV: The Complete Collection (30% OFF) (Square Enix) – {20/06/2017} (¥4.384)
05/00. Dead Island: Definite Collection (50% OFF) (Spike Chunsoft) – {29/09/2016} (¥1.944)
06/07. @Simple DL Series G4U Vol. 1 The Mahjong (30% OFF) (D3 Publisher) – {27/11/2014} (¥350)
07/02. Saints Row IV: Reelected (75% OFF) (Spike Chunsoft) – {16/04/2015} (¥1.566)
08/10. Final Fantasy VII (50% OFF) (Square Enix) – {04/12/2015} (¥900)
09/00. Star Wars: Battlefront – Ultimate Edition (75% OFF) (Electronic Arts) – {19/11/2015} (¥756)
10/08. Terraria (50% OFF) (Spike Chunsoft) – {19/02/2015} (¥1.250)
11/03. Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st] (ArcSystem Works) – {20/07/2017} (¥5.800)
12/09. Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (50% OFF) (Sony Computer Entertainment) – {03/12/2015} (¥2.646)
13/00. Resident Evil 6 (50% OFF) (Capcom) – {29/03/2016} (¥1.400)
14/00. Grand Theft Auto V (50% OFF) (Take Two Interactive Japan) – {11/12/2014} (¥3.596)
15/13. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (50% OFF) (Square Enix) – {14/05/2015} (¥3.291)
16/11. Salt and Sanctuary (30% OFF) (Ska Studios) – {18/08/2016} (¥1.246)
17/01. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Square Enix) – {13/07/2017} (¥7.344)
18/14. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition (40% OFF) (Spike Chunsoft) – {01/09/2016} (¥4.198)
19/18. Gravity Rush 2 (25% OFF) (Sony Interactive Entertainment) – {19/01/2017} (¥5.589)
20/19. Horizon: Zero Dawn (33% OFF) (Sony Interactive Entertainment) – {02/03/2017} (¥4.992)

PSV

01/01. Salt and Sanctuary (30% OFF) (Ska Studios) – {13/04/2017} (¥1.246)
02/03. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang) – {29/10/2014} (¥2.592)
03/NEW. Kenka Bancho Otome: Kanzenmuketsu no My Honey (Spike Chunsoft) – {27/07/2017} (¥5.940)
04/02. Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st] (ArcSystem Works) – {20/07/2017} (¥5.800)
05/06. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (43% OFF) (Konami) – {28/04/2016} (¥4.280)
06/NEW. Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) – {27/07/2017} (¥2.160)
07/04. Touhou Genso Maroku W: The Devil of Decline (Mediascape) – {29/06/2017} (¥3.000)
08/00. Friend to Lover (69% OFF) (Entergram) – {26/03/2015} (¥1.980)
09/00. Hitotsu Tobashi Renai V (69% OFF) (Entergram) – {29/01/2015} (¥1.980)
10/NEW. Wagamama High Spec (iMel) – {27/07/2017} (¥4.298)
11/05. Omega Labyrinth Z (D3 Publisher) – {06/07/2017} (¥6.800)
12/NEW. Grisaia no Kajitsu: Side Episode (Prototype) – {27/07/2017} (¥3.600)
13/00. Touhou Soujinengi V (50% OFF) (Mediascape) – {28/04/2016} (¥1.500)
14/16. Terraria (Spike Chunsoft) – {06/02/2014} (¥2.057)
15/07. Romancing SaGa 2 (Square Enix) – {24/03/2016} (¥2.200)
16/NEW. Utsusemi no Meguri (Workman) – {27/07/2017} (¥6.912)
17/00. Renai 0 Kilometer (69% OFF) (Entergram) – {28/08/2014} (¥1.980)
18/00. Priministar (45% OFF) (Entergram) – {29/09/2016} (¥2.980)
19/00. Puramai Wars (45% OFF) (Entergram) – {25/08/2016} (¥2.980)
20/00. Neo Atlas 1469 (50% OFF) (Artdink) – {27/10/2016} (¥3.400)

PS3

01/01. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Mojang) – {24/06/2014} (¥2.592)
02/01. Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st] (ArcSystem Works) – {20/07/2017} (¥5.800)
03/05. Resident Evil 4 (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {13/03/2012} (¥300)
04/04. Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {29/03/2012} (¥300)
05/00. Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {22/01/2013} (¥300)
06/00. Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {13/03/2012} (¥300)
07/00. Resident Evil 6 (PlayStation 3 the Best) (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {06/03/2014} (¥907)
08/00. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {22/01/2013} (¥300)
09/03. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (46% OFF) (Konami) – {28/04/2016} (¥4.280)
10/00. Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {22/01/2016} (¥1.197)
11/00. Resident Evil HD Remaster (PlayStation the Best) (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {17/09/2015} (¥897)
12/00. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – Complete Season (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {25/02/2015} (¥1.050)
13/00. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco) – {26/03/2015} (¥2.500)
14/14. FIFA 17 (74% OFF) (Electronic Arts) – {29/09/2016} (¥1.347)
15/00. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (70% OFF) (Capcom) – {30/10/2012} (¥600)
16/06. Bomberman Ultra (Konami) – {18/06/2009} (¥1.028)
17/11. Dragon Quest Builders (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix) – {01/12/2016} (¥3.780)
18/09. Tales of Berseria (Welcome Price!) (Bandai Namco) – {01/06/2017} (¥4.104)
19/07. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PlayStation 3 the Best) (Sony Computer Entertainment) – {10/10/2013} (¥2.376)
20/08. Goat Simulator (SEGA) – {07/10/2015} (¥1.000)

Denial isn't just a river in egypt.

Dude, just stop.

GameFreak doesn't develop Pokemon spinoffs. The last one they released was back in the 90s. All their Pokemon games in recent memory have been mainline. It's pretty much all they do.

Top Bottom