• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2013 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

Yes.

He clarified above.

This doesn't make the game bad, just less immediately a hugely unique selling point.

Yes, he posted while I was writing my post. Unfortunately I didn't get to read his reasoning in time. I was curious about the choice, too, as I noticed in my post above. I think it's an odd word choice, still, if no negative connotation was meant (especially considering how it has been used in threads about the title), but I'll gladly accept his reasoning.

Log4Girlz

You could argue it makes it a higher selling point. Super Mario 3D Land is the fastest selling 3D Mario game, afterall.

We'll see. NSMB Wii was a monstrous success and its Wii U sequel didn't shift units. Great attach rate, but no units shifted really.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You could argue it makes it a higher selling point. Super Mario 3D Land is the fastest selling 3D Mario game, afterall.

It's possible.

It's just that NSMB was one of Nintendo's all time best selling games, as was NSMB Wii, yet that didn't really seem to help the Wii U all that much, which is where at least my hesitation comes from.

Yes, he posted while I was writing my post. Unfortunately I didn't get to read his reasoning in time. I was curious about the choice, too, as I noticed in my post above. I think it's an odd word choice, still, if no negative connotation was meant (especially considering how it has been used in threads about the title), but I'll gladly accept his reasoning.

No that's understandable. Rehash is usually what is used for things like Dynasty Warriors.

We'll see. NSMB Wii was a monstrous success and its Wii U sequel didn't shift units. Great attach rate, but no units shifted really.
Judging by the attach rate it *is* what's responsible for the units that are selling. It's just not able to carry all that much.

The question also becomes how many people weren't sold on the idea of the system with NSMBU, but are now sold when SM3DW is present.

Mory Dunz

Well, given the attach rate, it seems NSMBU might actually be what made the Wii U's sales so far.

It's just alone.

The question also becomes how many people weren't sold on the idea of the system with NSMBU, but are now sold when SM3DW is present.

Well, NSMB2 and SM3DL both sold well and came out within a year or so of each other. So maybe they partly appeal to different audiences and can bring a few sales in.

Then again, the Wii U isn't the 3DS of course...

This is like an argument I was making a few months ago. While few of the titles this year may be individual system sellers, the weight of the titles combined may push a few people over.

A system with MH3GHD, NSMBU, and Nintendo Land, has, *in theory* a much less broad appeal than one with the former, plus DQX, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, SM3DW, Pikmin, TW101, Lego, Rayman, Sonic, WWHD, & Taiko. Whether that works in practice remains to be seen.

Thinking about it, I'm partially expecting this to make up the first half of Wii U's 2014:
Jan: Mario & Sonic
Feb: DKCRTF
March: Mario Kart 8
April: Nothing
May: Bayo 2
June: Yarn Yoshi

Alternatively, keep January empty and move everything up a month so April has MK and then continue as written, but I dunno if they can wait until the next financial year for MK.

JoeM86

NSMBWii didn't drive units though. That just built from an existing large installbase.
Super Mario 3D Land, however, started off on a console that, at time of launch, had sold only around 6-7m units. Then, four months later, Super Mario 3D Land had sold 5 million units and the 3DS had shot up to 17m units. Even though it didn't do it itself as it had Mario Kart 7 to help build the 3DS (and Monster Hunter in Japan), it definitely had a hand in the recovery of that console.

Log4Girlz

Well, given the attach rate, it seems NSMBU might actually be what made the Wii U's sales so far.

It's just alone.

Considering how lackluster those sales are, I mean, that's practically the same as not shifting units. Like, if we were talking 5 or 6 million Wii U's out there, then I would say "yeah, this game is shifting units". Instead you have an initial early console buying spree like most consoles have, and then near complete death.

NSMBWii didn't drive units though. That just built from an existing large installbase.
Super Mario 3D Land, however, started off on a console that, at time of launch, had sold only around 6-7m units. Then, four months later, Super Mario 3D Land had sold 5 million units and the 3DS had shot up to 17m units. Even though it didn't do it itself as it had Mario Kart 7 to help build the 3DS (and Monster Hunter in Japan), it definitely had a hand in the recovery of that console.

Handhelds are much more sensitive to Mario titles I would think. Wasn't that the first Mario title on the 3DS after a lackluster game lineup at launch? It felt like the first real, serious Nintendo game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is like an argument I was making a few months ago. While few of the titles this year may be individual system sellers, the weight of the titles combined may push a few people over.

A system with MH3GHD, NSMBU, and Nintendo Land, has, *in theory* a much less broad appeal than one with the former, plus DQX, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, SM3DW, Pikmin, TW101, Lego, Rayman, WWHD, & Taiko.
I agree, but I guess my growing concern stems from the Wii U crashing back down to its third worst week despite having half that second list already.

In my mind the question becomes "Is there a tipping point with what is currently announced?"

duckroll

Here's the biggest question Japan faces with regards to the WiiU and PS4 - Does the audience at large feel there is a need for a new generation of consoles right now?

BriBri

I agree, but I guess my growing concern stems from the Wii U crashing back down to its third worst week despite having half that second list already.

In my mind the question becomes "Is there a tipping point with what is currently announced?"
If Super Mario 3D World underperforms we'll wait for Mario Kart 7
If Mario Kart 7 underperforms we'll wait for Smash Bros.
If Smash Bros. underperforms we'll wait for 3D Mario
If 3D Mario underperforms we'll wait for Animal Crossing U
If Animal Crossing U underperforms we'll find another game

Log4Girlz

Here's the biggest question Japan faces with regards to the WiiU and PS4 - Does the audience at large feel there is a need for a new generation of consoles right now?

Oh goodness no. Consoles are dead in Japan. I don't see how anyone can see otherwise.

Aye, that is concerning. Partially, I was expecting TW101 to do about triple what it has so far and to counter-act the drop after Pikmin, like Lego seems to have a little, but instead it did nothing and the system has dropped the same as if it never was released, more or less.

The tipping point is presumably intended to be Mario, but the effect that has remains to be seen. For 3DS it was the first (or second) Mario title on the system, but that is not the case this time around.

neohwa

yes if the games are there. the question is when the games will be available. i'm pretty sure ps4 will be the next hot thing in japan next year.

Holy shit at Puppeteer! It did less than I expected. Massive drop on JoJo as well, seems like the hidden f2p mode had something to do with that.

Busaiku

One thing I've been wondering is how otoge makers decided to focus on and grow the base on PSP over DS.
With the higher female base of the DS's, I'd think they might've been able to do more.

It's not like these are demanding on the hardware or anything (I would think) or are bound to a control scheme DS couldn't replicate.

I need to get Sweet Fuse soon.

AniHawk

:lol, sony is pushing it in japan because PS4 isn't launching there this fall. PS4 isn't launching there this fall because
1. The games aren't ready
2. The west is much more important than the Japanese market for consoles.
3. They don't want the Japanese to feel salty about getting left out

if the games aren't ready, then the system wouldn't be launching in north america and europe. infamous 3 isn't going to sell people on the ps4. i feel that running on the assumption that businesses offer consolation prizes isn't correct. businesses do what they think will earn them money.

Sony isn't pushing Vita TV because they have to push PS4 and why would you bring up killzone? 40$ games aren't going to sell this console, you would have been better off bringing up minecraft. The people who are interested in games like killzone aren't going to be playing them on a vita tv.

if the vita tv is so west-focused, then the only game in its upcoming lineup that could do anything to sway people to it (due to its exclusivity and the genre it's in) would be killzone. last year, it was call of duty and assassin's creed. it looks like now, the vita tv is coming out sometime next year. minecraft would be a decent hit this year, but that won't be a system seller by the time it hits sony systems.

PS4 will have MGSV, FFXV, KH 3, Gundam, Deep down, Resident Evil, Yakuza ect.

mgs v and yakuza will also be on ps3. ffxv will probably be year end 2014 (and the first big system seller). gundam will probably do well. who knows when deep down or kh3 will happen, and we haven't even heard anything about resident evil at all. by the end of next year, the vita will also be getting soul sacrifice delta, god eater 2, and ffx/x-2 in the short-term.

PS4 will have titles that Vita could only dream of and they are basically exclusives in Japan. I have yet to hear anything about the Japanese being hyped over micro consoles in Japan, but in the West you got Amazon, Google, and Apple gearing up. That's what Vita TV is for, it's meant to compete with those. 2DS is aimed at the west but that's because dedicated handhelds are dying over here so they need to make it hem as cheap as possible. The type of games that the Japanese want to play on consoles isn't on Vita TV and never will be. When Vita gets MGSV, FFXV, KH 3, (a exclusive high budget) Gundam, Deep down, Resident Evil, Yakuza ect. I'll believe you.

mgsv, ffxv, and kh3 aren't really the types of games the japanese want to play on consoles much either. they're dinosaurs of game design over there. they'll post big numbers, but the big dogs today are your monster hunters and animal crossings. something like kingdom hearts, mgs, and final fantasy would post similar numbers on a handheld or 'microconsole' over there. the psp has shown that to be the case.

Oh goodness no. Consoles are dead in Japan. I don't see how anyone can see otherwise.
Yeah, I doubt even Sony is expecting gigantic success. Their engineering design this time seems built to ensure that even sales as low as PS3 would result in far higher earnings with PS4. But with Vita as dead as it is they need something in the market that can be a target for third-party support. Even if we haven't seen Japanese publishers really jumping in with both feet yet, the PC-like dev environment and Sony's new willingness to put lots of smaller games on the system should be positives for less-than-prestige titles.

Mory Dunz

A system with MH3GHD, NSMBU, and Nintendo Land, has, *in theory* a much less broad appeal than one with the former, plus DQX, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, SM3DW, Pikmin, TW101, Lego, Rayman, Sonic, WWHD, & Taiko. Whether that works in practice remains to be seen.

Thinking about it, I'm partially expecting this to make up the first half of Wii U's 2014:
Jan: Mario & Sonic
Feb: DKCRTF
March: Mario Kart 8
April: Nothing
May: Bayo 2
June: Yarn Yoshi

Alternatively, keep January empty and move everything up a month so April has MK and then continue as written, but I dunno if they can wait until the next financial year for MK.
Hmm...Bayo 2 that early? Was Q2 ever specified?
I'm guessing Kart will be April. And Smash will be July/August.

One this I'm curious about, what about the 3rd Sonic game? It was announced and forgotten...

Considering how lackluster those sales are, I mean, that's practically the same as not shifting units. Like, if we were talking 5 or 6 million Wii U's out there, then I would say "yeah, this game is shifting units". Instead you have an initial early console buying spree like most consoles have, and then near complete death.

I mean, yeah I agree. I don't think it shifted units well, but I do think the U would be performing worse without NSMBU, which is scary...

Busaiku

The Gundam game might not be that big.
It's not a Warriors or Extreme VS game which are the big sellers these days, and I think those launch Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 are generally not that well received.

AniHawk

Hmm...Bayo 2 that early? Was Q2 ever specified?
I'm guessing Kart will be April. And Smash will be July/August.

One this I'm curious about, what about the 3rd Sonic game? It was announced and forgotten...

i am fairly sure it will be a year-end sonic and sega all-stars racing 3.

2015 might see a sonic platformer, but i can't imagine it'd be a huge deal. 2016 is the 25th anniversary, and they'll try and do something special for that. the only time they didn't was in 1996 when yuji naka killed all those people.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
i am fairly sure it will be a year-end sonic and sega all-stars racing 3.

2015 might see a sonic platformer, but i can't imagine it'd be a huge deal. 2016 is the 25th anniversary, and they'll try and do something special for that. the only time they didn't was in 1996 when yuji naka killed all those people.
A new Sonic All-Stars Racing next year might not be that great an idea, though. Mario Kart is releasing next year, so I'd guess they would want to make Sonic All-Stars Racing 3 a 2015 title. I think a level pack for Unleashed / Generations as the third game for next year (Wii U exclusive), then an All-Stars Racing 3 (all systems) in 2015 and finally in 2016 a new Sonic platformer (Wii U only if the collaboration is really successful and Wii U also gains more traction, all platforms otherwise) would make a lot of sense.

iSdGW94NYPf04.gif

Can we wait with this consoles are dead nonsense until at least PS4 is released ?

PS3 sales are slow with machine being 7 years old and still rediculusly priced (lack of 12 gb annoucement for Japan on 09.09 was weird)
Wii U sales aren't sign of death of the market as it's as dead in West as it is in Japan which just shows noone cares and wants it.

if the games aren't ready, then the system wouldn't be launching in north america and europe. infamous 3 isn't going to sell people on the ps4. i feel that running on the assumption that businesses offer consolation prizes isn't correct. businesses do what they think will earn them money.
Has more hype than any next gen game besides TitanFall but okay

if the vita tv is so west-focused, then the only game in its upcoming lineup that could do anything to sway people to it (due to its exclusivity and the genre it's in) would be killzone. last year, it was call of duty and assassin's creed. it looks like now, the vita tv is coming out sometime next year. minecraft would be a decent hit this year, but that won't be a system seller by the time it hits sony systems.
No one is going to buy a micro console for 40$ games. Gaikai, multimedia functions and indie games is a much bugger selling point.

mgs v and yakuza will also be on ps3. ffxv will probably be year end 2014 (and the first big system seller). gundam will probably do well. who knows when deep down or kh3 will happen, and we haven't even heard anything about resident evil at all. by the end of next year, the vita will also be getting soul sacrifice delta, god eater 2, and ffx/x-2 in the short-term.
Doesn't matter, they will be better off on PS4. You see what Toukiden and soon to be GE2 did for Vita sales, that's what Yakuza and MGS will do but on a bigger scale. And no one wants to play Soul sacrifice and God eater on their TV :lol You don't play hunting action games on your TV, you play them on your handheld. You can also play FFX-X2 on PS3 in native HD instead of some upscaled QHD bullshit that Vita TV will give you. And Yakuza PS4 will sell more than all those games you named.

mgsv, ffxv, and kh3 aren't really the types of games the japanese want to play on consoles much either. they're dinosaurs of game design over there. they'll post big numbers, but the big dogs today are your monster hunters and animal crossings. something like kingdom hearts, mgs, and final fantasy would post similar numbers on a handheld or 'microconsole' over there. the psp has shown that to be the case.
No, it wouldn't put up any significant numbers on a micro console, there is no demand for a vita tv in japan and yeah it would probably sell just as much on a handheld if they were capable of delivering the type of experience needed for those games. Until that happens, traditional consoles are the only place where you'll be able to find them and the Japanese will continue to purchase them.

Provider

If Super Mario 3D World underperforms we'll wait for Mario Kart 7
If Mario Kart 7 underperforms we'll wait for Smash Bros.
If Smash Bros. underperforms we'll wait for 3D Mario
If 3D Mario underperforms we'll wait for Animal Crossing U
If Animal Crossing U underperforms we'll find another game

Are people still in denial? Super Mario 3D World is the new 3D Console Mario. There's no guarantee another 3D Mario game will come to the Wii U (I hope tho).

It does't really matter because those franchises will be on the PS4 nevertheless and they are getting iterations on the PS4 much earlier than in the PS3's life cycle. One thing is clear is that support from third parties is coming much sooner compared to the PS3.

Thats blatantly wrong for Final Fantasy. There has never been a Final fantasy iteration on a handheld sell like 1.9 million (the highest is 1.1 million I think) or so and the only KH iteration to reach close to console sales is BBS. There has been a steep decline in KH handheld sales as seen by 3D's reception but thats beside the point. With those big franchises its clear the companies are looking worldwide, not just Japan.

Can we wait with this consoles are dead nonsense until at least PS4 is released ?

PS3 sales are slow with machine being 7 years old and still rediculusly priced (lack of 12 gb annoucement for Japan on 09.09 was weird)
Wii U sales aren't sign of death of the market as it's as dead in West as it is in Japan which just shows noone cares and wants it.

Yup, really getting tired of people thinking the console market is dead just because the WiiU is dead.

I am seeing a great support from Sega for VITA. What is the chance that we will see a Yakuza title for VITA? I mean like a sequel to the PSP spin-offs.

Edit: I am asking this after seeing Sega's TGS Line-up full of VITA titles.

Sega line-up:

Yakuza Ishin – PS4/PS3
Phantasy Star Online 2 – PC/PS Vita
Phantasy Star Online 2 es – Android/iOS
Phantasy Star Nova – PS Vita
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 – 3DS
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd – PS3/PS Vita
Puyo Puyo Tetris – PS3/Wii U/3DS/PS Vita
Hero Bank – 3DS
Uta Kumi 575 – PS Vita
Saka Tsuku Pro Soccer Club o Tsukuro! – PS3/PS Vita
Sonic Lost World – Wii U/3DS

Family Corner:

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 – 3DS
Hero Bank – 3DS

Partners’ titles:

F1 2013 – PS3
Fairy Fencer F – PS3
The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – PS3/PS Vita
Phantom Breaker: Extra – PS3
Phantom Breaker: Battleground – PS Vita
Dualshockers

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It does't really matter because those franchises will be on the PS4 nevertheless and they are getting iterations on the PS4 much earlier than in the PS3's life cycle.

How do you know this. It's obvious for KH since PS3 didn't get any iteration of KH, but has there been a release date for MGV and FFXV?

How do you know this. It's obvious for KH since PS3 didn't get any iteration of KH, but has there been a release date for MGV and FFXV?

Well MGS4 came after 2.5 years from the PS3's launch and FF came 3 years after launch. Now the PS4 is launching in Feb 2014. I am sure MGSV will come before fall 2016 and FFXV before fall 2017 lol.

SmokyDave

No, it wouldn't put up any significant numbers on a micro console, there is no demand for a vita tv in japan and yeah it would probably sell just as much on a handheld if they were capable of delivering the type of experience needed for those games. Until that happens, traditional consoles are the only place where you'll be able to find them and the Japanese will continue to purchase them.
Might be worth waiting until it actually releases before making such definitive statements.

If I was a betting man, I'd quite fancy a 'Vita TV vs. PS4' wager.

AniHawk

Has more hype than any next gen game besides TitanFall but okay

that one's a lack of clarity on my part. i meant that if the ps4 isn't ready in one region, it wouldn't be ready anywhere. and if by 'ready' we're talking about early 2014 games, the most visible one is infamous 3. infamous 3 won't move units in japan.

No one is going to buy a micro console for 40$ games. Gaikai, multimedia functions and indie games is a much bugger selling point.

the idea would be more or less making an attractive console out of a handheld with an appealing lineup. would you want to keep playing the games you enjoy playing on your tv, or would you rather buy a really expensive console that doesn't have any games you want. i agree that the multimedia stuff makes it even more appealing.

Doesn't matter, they will be better off on PS4. You see what Toukiden and soon to be GE2 did for Vita sales, that's what Yakuza and MGS will do but on a bigger scale. And no one wants to play Soul sacrifice and God eater on their TV :lol You don't play hunting action games on your TV, you play them on your handheld. You can also play FFX-X2 on PS3 in native HD instead of some upscaled QHD bullshit that Vita TV will give you. And Yakuza PS4 will sell more than all those games you named.

we'll see. yakuza ps4 is also out on yakuza ps3. i do believe it'll be the best-selling launch title for the machine, but i feel that the ps3 version will have the ps4 one selling less than it could have.

referring to the library, my thinking is that you won't buy a vita tv just so you can play vita games. i imagine this will be the case for some people out there, but it will largely sell to people who want to keep playing games they already own on their tv. i admit i forgot the ps3 versions of ffx/x-2 existed. they should have a similar effect on the vita versions that the ps3 yakuza will have on ps4 yakuza.

it's too early to say there's no demand for a vita tv in japan. the only indication we've received of demand so far has been amazon selling out of preorders in a short amount of time.

It does't really matter because those franchises will be on the PS4 nevertheless and they are getting iterations on the PS4 much earlier than in the PS3's life cycle. One thing is clear is that support from third parties is coming much sooner compared to the PS3.

third party support is coming much sooner, but the biggest hitter is really final fantasy xv, and that will probably be the end of 2014 at the earliest. kingdom hearts 3 is a 2017 game, mgs v and yakuza are on the ps3, resident evil hasn't even been announced- i'm not sure what's supposed to drive the traditional japanese userbase to the ps4 so early.

Thats blatantly wrong for Final Fantasy. There has never been a Final fantasy iteration on a handheld sell like 1.9 million (the highest is 1.1 million I think) or so and the only KH iteration to reach close to console sales is BBS. There has been a steep decline in KH handheld sales as seen by 3D's reception but thats beside the point. With those big franchises its clear the companies are looking worldwide, not just Japan.

there has never been a proper final fantasy on a handheld for its first iteration, so it's hard to draw a direct comparison. however, there was for dragon quest. dragon quest sold more as a handheld game than it ever did as a console game. and in the final fantasy franchise, the two most recent releases saw ffxiii-2 and type-0 come about 100k within each other. the fanbase probably goes wherever the games are.

the biggest problem i see with the ps4 is the lack of the types of games on the vita and 3ds. the mid-tier and even low-tier japanese games that sell to a niche audience which builds a healthy fanbase. what are companies like atlus and gust doing? they're making handheld games. the ps4 looks like a very western console in terms of its library. not just at launch, but in the long-term. it's a weakness in japan that something like the vita tv can capitalize on, although it's a big strength in the rest of the world.

I am seeing a great support from Sega for VITA. What is the chance that we will see a Yakuza title for VITA? I mean like a sequel to the PSP spin-offs.

Edit: I am asking this after seeing Sega's TGS Line-up full of VITA titles.

Dualshockers

Maybe part of Sega's new corporate strategy is to entice platform manufacturers with exclusive deals.

We have Sony for Phantasy Star Online and Yakuza, and Nintendo for Sonic.

Maybe part of Sega's new corporate strategy is to entice platform manufacturers with exclusive deals.

We have Sony for Phantasy Star Online and Yakuza, and Nintendo for Sonic.
I don't think Yakuza is exclusive deal. It just won't sell on any other platform. They tried it with Yakuza 1 & 2 on Wii U and failed. As for PSO, it is also on PC and since it is missing on PS3 and is only for VITA, i don't think it is exclusive deal. It would have been on 3DS as well if 3DS was capable enough to handle it.

They do have a exclusive deal with Nintendo regarding Sonic though.

I don't think Yakuza is exclusive deal. It just won't sell on any other platform. They tried it with Yakuza 1 & 2 on Wii U and failed. As for PSO, it is also on PC and since it is missing on PS3 and is only for VITA, i don't think it is exclusive deal. It would have been on 3DS as well if 3DS was capable enough to handle it.

They do have a exclusive deal with Nintendo regarding Sonic though.

But why is it only for Vita on consoles? Why not a PS3 / Vita dual release, especially since PSO had no problems being on consoles in the past?

Historically, Sega has been weird about keeping games exclusive to platforms.

For example:

PSO 1&2 was for Dreamcast, PC, GameCube, and Xbox.
PSO 3 was only for GameCube.
PSU was for PC, PS2, and 360.

Skies of Arcadia was for Dreamcast and GameCube.
Super Monkey Ball was only for GameCube.
Jet Set Radio Future was only for Xbox.

...You get the picture.

So, on today's edition of Square Enix announcements, we have new media.

Final Fantasy Agito (iOS/Android):

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XibctmwA1V0

Social RPG, updated with new content every 2 weeks.

Given this seems pretty high effort (development resources wise), and that Tabata is producing this while co-directing FFXV, I assume they're not making Type-1.

It looks like they drastically changed the battle system here. Can you even move your character in battle? Wonder how the F2P stuff will play out. Yes, I'm at Acceptance.

iMerc

I think one of the biggest challenges the WiiU faces is that nothing on it feels fresh

omg 100% agreed.
For me there's no question that there will be many quality nintendo titles on this thing, but i question if they can 1. create something that feels fresh and 2. project that image to the mass consumer.

you can't just get people interested in software ALONE anymore, you need to get them interested in the hardware too.
Otherwise you'll see the game sell well, but you'll see hardware remain static.

But why is it only for Vita on consoles? Why not a PS3 / Vita dual release, especially since PSO had no problems being on consoles in the past?

Historically, Sega has been weird about keeping games exclusive to platforms.

For example:

PSO 1&2 was for Dreamcast, PC, GameCube, and Xbox.
PSO 3 was only for GameCube.
PSU was for PC, PS2, and 360.

Skies of Arcadia was for Dreamcast and GameCube.
Super Monkey Ball was only for GameCube.
Jet Set Radio Future was only for Xbox.

...You get the picture.
You forgot Madworld was exclusive to Wii only

But yeh, i can understand. I think there might be a deal for Phantasy Star especially after seeing PS Nova announced exclusively for VITA and hearing about its budget. But i still don't think Yakuza is a exclusivity deal.

BriBri

Are people still in denial? Super Mario 3D World is the new 3D Console Mario. There's no guarantee another 3D Mario game will come to the Wii U (I hope tho).
People still are incredibly in denial. The important question is is Iwata? If he isn't then this in-itself is still not enough.

duckroll

Maybe Sega wanted to centralize non-PC gamers to the Vita with PSO2 to pave the way for a larger audience for PS Nova. Seems like a substantial investment for them. Having both games exclusive to a single platform could strength the audience there.

Top Bottom