• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

leroidys

Mariners keeping that
post season-less
streak alive. Well, see you guys next year. They should make Cishek pitch a full game tomorrow as penance.

Mortemis

Banned
I always knew this wouldn't work out somehow, but man it hurts. When will it ever be our year? :(

I've been watching the mariners since forever and haven't seen them in the playoffs since I was 6.

I don't need no lighter!!

GO MARINERS!! We'll be back next year :)

How can you stay so optimistic rando. Hold me :(

Akim

Banned
fucking mariners, seriously been disappointing me since 9/11.

@Mariners are eliminated from the playoffs, continuing the longest active postseason drought in baseball (last appearance: 2001)

e25cd15756aa2ab9a82a76302ee68cdc.jpg

Yay, I guess.

Mortemis

Banned
Man, who is left in the AL that I don't hate? Go Tigers?

Orioles is like an ex-mariner haven, even though it's basically from bad trades. I'm down for cheering for Miggy.

At this point it's mostly about who I don't want to win. No even year bs, no devil magic, and sorry cubbies but the sports world would never shut up about a cubs WS win so no thanks. Oh yeah no Red Sox either.

Didn't the Mariners do this last year, too?

Exactly. No year will ever be our year. Maybe if they ever move away.

leroidys

The team has owners that actually seem to give a shit about the MLB for the first time since the mid 90s, so I don't think a bit of hope for the future is totally unwarranted.

Orioles is like an ex-mariner haven, even though it's basically from bad trades. I'm down for cheering for Miggy.

At this point it's mostly about who I don't want to win. No even year bs, no devil magic, and sorry cubbies but the sports world would never shut up about a cubs WS win so no thanks. Oh yeah no Red Sox either.

Exactly. No year will ever be our year. Maybe if they ever move away.

Good call, wouldn't mind seeing the Orioles do well. Don't think their rotation can take them anywhere this post-season though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Astros season ended just like it started, with them stumbling around like a chicken without a head. Getting owned by the Rangers didn't help things either.

Malo

Banned
Jeff Sullivan @based_ball

the Mariners' streak of missing the playoffs is finally eligible for a learner's permit

Jeff Sullivan @based_ball

@based_ball maybe now it'll drive itself into a fucking ravine

Lmao

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Drive acrass the border to do some shapping and become indignant if the store doesn't take Canadian dollars?

Prepare to riot a la 2011?

Edit: nah, I love you Vancouver gaf. Just don't bring Tabris.

Tabris is apparently now living in SF.

KingBroly

Banned
O's or Indians vs Dodgers would be OK I guess.

See everyone next March/April.

The only remaining team in the Playoffs without a WS win is the Nationals.

Giants win or Cardinals loss = Giants get in
Cardinals win & Giants loss = Game 163 in SF

AL is too complicated for me to try

If all three teams lose = Orioles @ Blue Jays
If all three teams win = Orioles @ Blue Jays
If Orioles win and everyone else loses = Blue Jays @ Orioles
If Blue Jays win and everyone else loses = Orioles @ Blue Jays
If Orioles and Tigers win and Blue Jays lose = Tigers play the make-up game against Indians on Monday THEN if the Tigers win that, they play Game 163 against the Blue Jays on Tuesday
If Blue Jays and Tigers win and Orioles lose = Tigers play the make-up game against Indians on Monday THEN if the Tigers win that, they play Game 163 against the Orioles on Tuesday
If the Tigers win and everyone else loses = Tigers play the make-up game against Indians on Monday THEN if the Tigers win that, they play Game 163 against the Orioles on Tuesday (since Blue Jays own the tiebreaker)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
If Orioles and Tigers win and Blue Jays lose = Tigers play the make-up game against Indians on Monday THEN if the Tigers win that, they play Game 163 against the Blue Jays on Tuesday
If Blue Jays and Tigers win and Orioles lose = Tigers play the make-up game against Indians on Monday THEN if the Tigers win that, they play Game 163 against the Orioles on Tuesday
If the Tigers win and everyone else loses = Tigers play the make-up game against Indians on Monday THEN if the Tigers win that, they play Game 163 against the Orioles on Tuesday (since Blue Jays own the tiebreaker)
So basically the tigers need to win out and have one of the other teams lose today to play the tiebreaker game on Tuesday.

Even as a Jays fan, I'm totally rooting for that last scenario, particularly one where the Tigers beat the Orioles. That'd mean four games in four cities in four days. Chaos! (Admittedly, even more chaos would be if they also beat the Jays, leading to five games in five days in five cities going into the ALDS, so...I'm conflicted.)

gamz

I'd love to see a game 163 with these teams. So they'd have to play through a tie and then the other WC spot? Sheez!

BFIB

2 WC spots is so fucking stupid.

Still processing last night. I was at a party without cable, I couldn't find a radio anywhere in their house, their wifi wouldn't work and it was a dead zone for my phone.

This was a fun season and I said that I'd be happy with a winning record, but damn we came so close. That loss against the Cubs still stings...

gamz

It's also stupid that they celebrate for winning a spot for wildcard. The celebration should only happen after you win the wildcard game.

Nah. I'm with Maddon on this one....Every single win should be celebrated. Baseball is hard as hell to win. Cubs party and celebrate every single win. I love that.

Top Bottom