• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

This is it. Final game of the regular season. I hope the Dodgers take care of business today. They're going to regret not finishing off the even year Giants when they had the chance!

Giants win or Cardinals loss = Giants get in
Cardinals win & Giants loss = Game 163 in SF
We won the season series against SF. A potential game 163 would be at Busch.

BigAT

Yanks put up a good fight after unloading.

Gary made the final couple of months really exciting.

The future is bright.

GFg51iM.jpg

I disagree. Don't make the playoffs longer and make winning the division that much important.

Playoffs are long anyways. Schedule them back to back to back, with 2 home games to the top WC seed first.

Do people actually complain how long the playoffs are?

Playoffs are long anyways. Schedule them back to back to back, with 2 home games to the top WC seed first.

Do people actually complain how long the playoffs are?
Not so much the length of the playoffs but when it ends. No reason for the WS to drag into November outside of special circumstances like 2001.

jbug617

Banned
Fucking Dombrowski. MLB offered to rescind the Pomeranz trade and he said no. MLB would not let them renegotiate the trade.

I believe baseball shouldn't extend the season into October. Finish it by the end of September.

I also don't agree with scheduling West Coast road trips in September in the case of the Jays, and I DESPISE the fact that some teams were still playing Interleague games going into last week. Interleague games should stop completely once September rolls around.

I believe baseball shouldn't extend the season into October. Finish it by the end of September.

I also don't agree with scheduling West Coast road trips in September in the case of the Jays, and I DESPISE the fact that some teams were still playing Interleague games going into last week. Interleague games should stop completely once September rolls around.

That's impossible though in regards to interleague play.

neoemonk

I read the process for a three way tie for two wild card spots and my head hurts now.

It would happen this season if Toronto and Baltimore lost today, and the Tigers won today and tomorrow.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So Murphy hasn't started in like 2 weeks and LeMaheiu hasn't been put into the Rockies' lineup in the last three days so he's still leading by not even a point. This is how the NL batting title race ends, not with a bang but a whimper.

This is it. Final game of the regular season. I hope the Dodgers take care of business today. They're going to regret not finishing off the even year Giants when they had the chance!

We won the season series against SF. A potential game 163 would be at Busch.

Given how the Cards play at home, I wish it would be in SF if it even happened :lol

When people look back on this day, they will remember Vin's last game, Ortiz's last regular season game, and the wild card race to end them all.

Probably one of the best final days ever.

He was the city's sports ambassador, basically

Still, I'm somewhat conflicted about it. While I think if anyone deserves to break tradition, it is him, but it still a very, VERY long-standing tradition.

Traditions are meant to be broken when the person doing it transcends the sport being played.

Top Bottom