• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Rangers and Angels are playing a doubleheader today. If the Angels lose Game 2, then O's clinch.
I forgot about the double header. but yeah if rangers lose the first game and then the rangers win the second game and the yankees hold on o's yankees and texas would all be locked in for a playoff spot/wildcard
Question, if Yanks and Os tie for the divisiondo they play a one game playoff? My coworker asked me n he thinks they do.

If there is a tie there is a playoff game for pretty much any case of a tie anymore.

Yes, they do even if both teams are assured playoff spots. New rules this year.

yup and it makes sense given the winner gets to go straight to the playoffs and the wildcard has to play a game to get into the playoffs.

zulux21

Is there any way that the O's do not make the playoffs?

Rangers lose the two games today, get swept by oak, angels sweep their next series, and Os don't win another game....

then there would be playoff games between the angels and the other teams which if they don't win that then they don't make it.

Beyond that personally I feel that if you lose the wildcard playoff game you didn't make the playoffs but that is up for debate :p

Peter Gammons doesn't like the O's

Alternatively, Darkside is Peter Gammons.
Lol that catfish looking motherfucker. Why's he watching the Angels, didn't think he knew they played baseball on the west coast. Thought the Jewish media thought Sandy Koufax took a sabbatical to play in a west coast stickball league.

cashman

Banned
Lol that catfish looking motherfucker. Why's he watching the Angels, didn't think he knew they played baseball on the west coast. Thought the Jewish media thought Sandy Koufax took a sabbatical to play in a west coast stickball league.

This is why you're the best poster in this thread.

sylvester_1722.gif

carlos

Medlen now with the longest team win streak in history with 23; I don't think he'll choke in the playoff game, but the offense still worries me.

Pirates are now guaranteed their 20th straight losing season. Embarassing, but they are still on the upswing. Have to have more consistent starting pitching and an extra bat or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom