• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Performace Analysis

I disagree. But UE4 is easier to work with.

Let's pray to the gods that people tweak the default bloom and CA levels of UE4. So far every UE4 game has been shown off with those things enabled at their default values (unrealistically silly but shiny™ values). Much like how a lot of UE4 graphics demos focus on non-matte surfaces.

I fthere is one thing I like about MKX so far, is that it raelly doesnt look like UE3. Only maybe the metal material quality reminds me a bit of it.

Javin98

Banned
Let's pray to the gods that people tweak the default bloom and CA levels of UE4. So far every UE4 game has been shown off with those things enabled at their default values (unrealistically silly but shiny™ values). Much like how a lot of UE4 graphics demos focus on non-matte surfaces.

I fthere is one thing I like about MKX so far, is that it raelly doesnt look like UE3. Only maybe the metal material quality reminds me a bit of it.
Well, to be fair, Batman Arkham Knight doesn't look like an UE3 game either. It's amazing how great it looks on the older engine. Rocksteady should have switched over to UE4 IMO, but it was probably too much work.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What's weird for me is how the pre-rendered cutscenes seem to be dropping frames/stuttering pretty heavily for me on PS4. Am I alone in this?
This is super common with Unreal games especially on the PC. I remember being really annoyed with XCOM, for instance, which used tons of video with all of those videos suffering from improper frame distribution. It's awful.

Top Bottom