• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mosque in Peterborough, Canada set on fire. Mosques in Florida receive bomb threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indicate

Peterborough, Canada.

Florida, US.

Update:

_ _ _

Other threats

More in the links. There are posts in Facebook articles about the Peterborough incident encouraging to burn even more Mosques. I hope the police investigates these threats. It's really disgusting that these are happening.

orochi91

Community doing a good job supporting the Muslims in Peterborough, thankfully.

Hope they find the shit-stain that burnt it.

marrec

Banned
This is surprising though, they realize that Muslims and extremists are different, but they still want them out.

That's because they've always wanted all of them out, they're racists, but now they have whatever justifies as an excuse in their mind to make threats.

Shouldn't be surprising after the dog whistles from right wing politicians over the weekend. They're partially responsible for this.

LQX

Terrible, but some of you are acting as if these are in anyway comparable to blowing up and shooting hundreds of people.

Good on the churches that are offering the displaced Muslims space to worship. Those dudes and dudettes deserve high fives.

I hope no one gets hurt. Threats are no joke.

You can hate radical islam while still being smart enough to not hurt innocent people.

Why is this so hard for the west to grasp.

Sai-kun

Banned
disgusting. really don't have much to add that hasn't been said already.

Terrible, but some of you are acting as if these are in anyway comparable to blowing up and shooting hundreds of people.

let's name some names bruh

andycapps

Well, in the quoted article in the OP, we have people threatening to blow up or shoot hundreds of people, discriminate of age. Those are terroristic threats. Do we ignore those comments until someone actually makes good on the threats?

Good on the Peterborough community for working to help replace the damage. Helpfully the assholes who burned down a place of peaceful warship within the city will be brought to justice

orochi91

Well, in the quoted article in the OP, we have people threatening to blow up or shoot hundreds of people, discriminate of age. Those are terroristic threats. Do we ignore those comments until someone actually makes good on the threats?

LQX, can you please respond to this?

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
There are 1.6 BILLION Muslims in this world. If they were all terrorist, we would all be dead.

ItIsOkBro

When the Ottawa attack happened a mosque was vandalized as well. Locals came together to support the Muslim community and show that Canada is better than that, and I expect the same here. Of course, this shouldn't happen in the first place. I just want the arsonist to know that it's him and his values that don't belong in Canada or anywhere.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
The only difference between ISIS and these idiots is fortitude (I really need a better word). Throw them wherever we'd throw an ISIS member if captured. They deserve each other.

This is exactly what ISIS wants and of course, retards here in the Western regions give it to them.

Hope the police finds everyone involved in all this shit.

Boke1879

How is that not making it comparable?

Who even compared it? Still those are terrorist acts and hopefully those people get caught and punished accordingly.

Should we ignore these threats because they aren't on the same level?

Boke1879

It's funny how someone actually realizes it's extremists yet want them all out. That's just point blank racism and ignorance

Numb

This is exactly what ISIS wants and of course, retards here in the Western regions give it to them.

Hope the police finds everyone involved in all this shit.

Don't care about the normal muslims and their lives. Just want a bloodbath among both sides.

LQX

Who even compared it? Still those are terrorist acts and hopefully those people get caught and punished accordingly.

Should we ignore these threats because they aren't on the same level?

No! But at the same time I think we can differentiate people being angry at the situation from murderers killing hundreds to terrorize the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom