• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motherboard: Secret Backstage Trump Drama at Walt Disney World’s Hall of Presidents

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should make Trump exhibit like Pinocchio where his nose grows with every lie he tells. It's educational and there is a moral!

"Given President Trump's current problems," continued the source, "Walt Disney World might elect to push the attraction's opening date back to the fall and then make further tweaks to the show."
Disney:"Do something about this, Congress. Please don't make us build a Trumpbot"

The Trump bot can get his speech in by interrupting the other presidents.

"Four score and seven years ago, our f--"

"WRONG"

"I was born in--"

"You're the puppet."

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Fucking children. He's still the President. Regardless of your political standing, at least treat the position with respect even if the person holding it currently isn't.

That line of thinking is stupid. Maybe dangerous. No one deserves respect because of the position they have. Respect is earned by being a decent human being.

They can just have all the other presidents be the factual educational stuff and at the very end they can have trump's big stupid head pitching ice cream. Two scoops, of course.

Amalthea

Banned
They could modify a Jabba animatronic. Too bad that wouldn't solve the speaking problem as Jabbas speech has more coherence and a larger vocabulary.

One way or another I hope it reopens soon, it's definitely a very moving and powerful attraction--or I mean it was.

Even NeoGAF. Months and months of threads where folks were worried that Trump would win and a lot of posters were reassuring the thread starter that he didn't have a chance.

It's really fascinating in hindsight.

I honestly thought america was better than to elect a chuclefuck like Trump, and was looking forward to the meltdown when he lost, seeing him win was a shock to me.

Strangely enough, I still got to witness him meltdown, but for entirely different reasons.

Zolo

Disney:"Do something about this, Congress. Please don't make us build a Trumpbot"

They'd have to no matter what? It's not like they don't have a Nixonbot. They mostly just don't want to make a statement because they don't want it to be......well, politicized.

Fucking children. He's still the President. Regardless of your political standing, at least treat the position with respect even if the person holding it currently isn't.

The position was not endowed with any great respect at its conception; it was a significant compromise of the founding principles of the country necessitated by how utterly ineffectual and stupid the Continental Congress was, and only came to be respected or even wanted because of the caliber of men who came to fill the role.

Just as the men who took the office made it the most respected and prestigious seat in the world, the men who take office can also make it a terrible farce. If you want it to be worthy of respect, put men worthy of respect in the position.

He's harmed the dignity of not just the US, but of the office of president. I have no respect for him, and no respect for the presidency. Respect is earned, and Trump hasn't earned it.

Monocle

He's still the POTUS, regardless of whether or not people like him. I say they should just have him there and let him give a speech just like Clinton, Bush, and Obama have.
But he's an inarticulate manbaby who is capable of nothing better than empty bluster. What could he possibly say that would justify his inclusion?

Uhh, protesting an idiotic bigoted pussy grabbing bully is precisely what you should do if you respect the Presidency.

But you're saying "Respect the Presidency by respecting the mendacious populist braggart who embodies none of its dignity."

wut

Top Bottom