• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Assassin’s Creed remakes are on the way, Ubisoft CEO confirms

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

In an interview on the Ubisoft website, Guillemot was asked what Assassin’s Creed players can expect from the series in the future.

Guillemot replied that the series would see a variety of games in the coming years, including numerous remakes.

“Firstly, players can be excited about some remakes, which will allow us to revisit some of the games we’ve created in the past and modernize them,” Guillemot said.

“There are worlds in some of our older Assassin’s Creed games that are still extremely rich.

“Secondly, to answer your question, there will be plenty of experience variety. The goal is to have Assassin’s Creed games come out more regularly, but not for it to be the same experience every year.

“There are a lot of good things to come, including Assassin’s Creed Hexe, which we’ve announced, which is going to be a very different game from Assassin’s Creed Shadows. We’re going to surprise people, I think.”

A report last year claimed that Ubisoft had started development on a remake of popular Assassin’s Creed entry Black Flag.

Last edited:

iorek21

AC1 Remake is probably in the hands of Bordeaux after the success of Mirage.

Black Flag is already in development by Singapure since last year so no news here.

I also believe that an Ezio trilogy remake is coming. Another “cannot fail” type of remake like RE4 was.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Well Done Reaction GIF

March Climber

Gold Member
Other than AC 1 and maybe, maybe AC 2, which games are fans actually wanting remakes of?

Edit: Wanted to clarify, when stating "AC 2" I mean the Ezio trilogy. I consider them all as 2.

Last edited:

Audiophile

ACI, II, Brotherhood & Revelations would be great.

I only hope they respect the original vision and simply improve visuals and tighten up some mechanics. The original characters and designs of II and Brotherhood were perfect; they just need refinement in line with modern visuals, not reimagining. Also, no wide jaws on the female characters.

By next-gen we should have this:

ezgif-5-e291b5f2da.webp

Last edited:

radewagon

Skip AC1. Remake AC2. AC1 is barely even a game.

remake both AC2 and brotherhood and package it in one game with next gen graphics.

Then skip AC3 and remake AC4 Black Flag.
We are on different ends of this argument good sir.

Agreed that AC1 and AC3 are the weaker titles. Which exactly why those are the ones I'm hoping get remade. AC2, Brotherhood, and AC4 are fine as is.

Kurotri

Remake the Ezio trilogy and try your hand at AC3 if you've got the balls. That game had insane ambitions but fell flat so hard I almost stopped playing the series if it wasn't for Black Flag reeling me in. I'm indifferent towards AC1, it's a game that's very special to me but as far as I'm concerned Mirage kinda covered that itch.

Dazraell

Gold Member

This is why I feel AC1 Remake makes a lot of sense as they could use that as a good creative opportunity to refine and improve various elements of this game that originally were underwhelming. They could for example put everything (cities, Masyaf and Kingdom) on a single map, redo investigations missions to full missions with their own narratives, offer more depth to Altair, use all of the experience they got over the years with open world games etc, while still keeping the key story beats of this game intact

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

remake both AC2 and brotherhood and package it in one game with next gen graphics.

Then skip AC3 and remake AC4 Black Flag.
I usually agree with you but with the exception of AC2
No GIF

AC1/2/BH/R/ACIII
done.
Actually ACUnity could do with a remake
And I know everyone loves ACII theme
But for me there just something about ACIII's

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The one in France, who was unplayable on release with lots of glitches and bugs. That's the one I want. Except it's not unplayable this time, with a lot of bugs and glitches.

PanzerCute

The one in France, who was unplayable on release with lots of glitches and bugs. That's the one I want. Except it's not unplayable this time, with a lot of bugs and glitches.
Same. As a parisian it felt insane running around the city and imo it was a really good episode, but too glitchy and plagued with performance issue.

semiconscious

Gold Member
ubisoft ceo confirms: 'just like so many other triple-a game developers, we wish to announce that, yes, our best days are most definitely behind us, & remakes of those previous classics you've all come to know & love will now become the order of the day. from here on out, expect to see nothing like the ingeniousness & brilliance of our previous work ever again. we at ubisoft have come to accept this. & we feel it best that you do so, as well...'

TGO

ubisoft ceo confirms: 'just like so many other triple-a game developers, we wish to announce that, yes, our best days are most definitely behind us, & remakes of those previous classics you've all come to know & love will now become the order of the day. from here on out, expect to see nothing like the ingeniousness & brilliance of our previous work ever again. we at ubisoft have come to accept this. & we feel it best that you do so, as well...'
Took them long enough to realise this, it been a decade

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

It's been in a good state for a while since it got patched a dozen or so times, it's also playable at 60 FPS via FPS Boost but at its base resolution, however.

SABRE220

I only hope they respect the original vision and simply improve visuals and tighten up some mechanics. The original characters and designs of II and Brotherhood were perfect; they just need refinement in line with modern visuals, not reimagining. Also, no wide jaws on the female characters.

ezgif-5-e291b5f2da.webp
I remember before next gen launch when journalists and devs were selling these graphics as realistic expectations for the middle of this gen lol. In the graphics expectations thread on era they were seriously arguing that graphics like this would be normal stuff by gens end. Wonder what they were smoking. Maybe by ps6...

Last edited:

TGO

ezgif-5-e291b5f2da.webp
I mean if they was continuing with Unitys presentation and graphics, this should have kidna been what current gen AC would look like.
Don't know about you guys but I think they taken a BIG step back
ACUnity 2014
D9GFT9q.jpeg
xM9wjW6.jpeg
1HK2otD.jpeg
Mnwq8GL.jpeg

AC Shadows 2024
tcTt6Sl.jpeg
Z79UTcG.jpeg

Hey Blinkin

AC1 Remake is probably in the hands of Bordeaux after the success of Mirage.

Black Flag is already in development by Singapure since last year so no news here.

I also believe that an Ezio trilogy remake is coming. Another “cannot fail” type of remake like RE4 was.

Isn't Singapore the team that made Skull and Bones?

That fucking sucks if they're remaking Black Flag. 🤬

Top Bottom