• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol not that I believe it but if it were announced I imagine the E3 stage looking something like this

1lUmtKP.gif
Lololololol

If neither TLG or Shenmue or FFVII are a no-show then Sony must be sweating bullets right now. They're fucked.
Why would they? They have literally nothing to do with these rumours lol

If Shenmue or FFVII don't happen it'll be "oh right we're stupid like that" while TLG would be something like "of course TLG is a no show again"

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
lol Siliconera just destroyed any reputation they had. I don't know if they had any though, I never go there.

Square Enix literally has no team available that could develop FFVIIR.

Used to visit them years ago when they were covering niche Japanese games. Then I discovered Andriasang, which had faster and better translation. Siliconera was taking a lot of info from Andriasang anyway and when that site got closed, the quality of Siliconera went straight down when it comes to mistranslations and information. Only visit it for their occasional exclusive interviews.

pswii60

It's pretty feasible that they decided to do more of a 'remaster' with the PC port and update/clean many of the art assets. I can see that happening and it's the least they could do.

But a full, true remake from scratch, re-creating the story in a modern day FF game? Nope. If only. Who would develop it when SE already have their A-teams working on FFXV and KH3!?

Dinda

Oh god all the people constantly whining about a remake will finally get what they want? I don't believe it but if....

That would be a really stupid, other than the fact that i personally don't even think 7 is in top 5 FF Games. Still a fantastic game mind you.
How could something like this really succeed? It will be at best live up to the original but with the glorified reception of the original i don't see this happening.
Production cost would be immense for it and all this for something that we already know?

Instead of remaking the old stuff just analyze what made those games great in contrast to the modern games and develop a new title based on that knowledge....

urgh. I have a feeling everyone will lose with this one if it really happens.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm so glad GAF doesn't believe this.

It makes no sense. S-E doesn't have the manpower to be doing a PS4 remake of FF7, they're tits-deep in way too many other games right now.

Tizoc

It'll be the PC ver. but with changed models.
I mean we've already got mods that change the models to the AC look, wouldn't surprise me if S-E did this :V

sora87

Why would they? They have literally nothing to do with these rumours lol

If Shenmue or FFVII don't happen it'll be "oh right we're stupid like that" while TLG would be something like "of course TLG is a no show again"

They should have came out and said TLG is not going to be here this year if so, just to get the disappointment out the way. Yu Suzuki should have made a follow up tweet yesterday saying he was just messing around, again getting the disappointment out the way.

Saying nothing just lets the fever grow, especially with the TLG, Sony could have an incredible E3 but it will always be brought down by "but where was TLG?"

It makes no sense. S-E doesn't have the manpower to be doing a PS4 remake of FF7, they're tits-deep in way too many other games right now.

The real question is: do they have the manpower to put out a nice CG trailer, make some vague pronouncements, and then commence radio silence for 2-3 years before rebooting?

And the answer my friends, at least in theory, is YES.

Not if they're outsourcing ! Especially to CyberConnect, after all they already have the Cloud and bike models, it's only a little stretch to the full game :lol

Edit : I just hope M.Toriyama gets a chance to rework the script to make the project a total shitshow, Marlene panties here we go !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom