• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Square is gonna announce PS4 HD ports of FFVIII, IX that'll be released after the FFVII HD port they announced last year and FFXII Remastered with FFVII Remake being their final reveal!
Hey I can dream can't I.

Dinda

Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.

As i said, this is what they came up with after seeing the new Resident Evil REmake version. The same Game with newly rendered Backgrounds and new Character Models.
The only thing that makes Sense.

Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul with new CGI cutscenes but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.

I'd be okay with a remaster to be honest.

This would be the most amazing bait and switch ever (assuming the original FF7 port for PS4 is, in fact, canned and was a way to test reactions to an FF7 remake). I would literally buy this game (if it's good) just on this bait and switch alone. Masterful trolling.

We'd need a masterfully-played gif instead of just well-played.

Mr. RPG

If it isn't an actual remake (something like the PS3 technical demo from a long time ago) then I'd say this isn't a big deal at all. :p

KoopaTheCasual

Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.
Yea, if this is happening (I can't believe I'm starting to believe this is happening), and only just started full production and they're already willing to announce, this is definitely not gonna be some super high end affair. It's gonna probably have dissida models with a modestly made world.

"The Ancients will lead us to a land of supreme happiness. Aeris will be able to bring happiness to all those in the slums. That is why Shinra would like Aerith's cooperation..."

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul with new CGI cutscenes but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.
I would be OK with that just as long as it looks better than a modded to hell PC version.

LuuKyK

Yeah thats the impression I am getting too. The outsourcing is what gave it away for me. If they were truly remaking it completely, they would do so internally. I am not expecting something so big out of this now.

pre ff7 remake "OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

post ff7 remake "meh, the charm is gone."

what does that even mean?

I hope is at least they created new pre-rendered backgrounds and put highpolygon models in these and lot's of shaders.

I'll die happy.

Very reasonable and probably correct.

RK128

Well, it would make since to flat-out remake FFVII as that is by far the most popular and iconic tittle in the series next to VI and IX. I just hope this is done right and that we get a release date with the announcement.

If Level-5 is working on this....interesting, but likely choice, as they worked with Square in the past like many pointed out, and they worked with Sony for a number of projects too; if this is an exclusive, it will be a great combination of three big studios/publishers who know each other really well :D!

Man, this E3 is going to be crazy; KH3 gameplay or trailer, FFVII getting a full remake, Last Guardian coming out this year, Shenmue might be getting HD Remasters, Rare having a massive collection of games..... Killer E3 :').

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
So what are we expecting, Advent Children type of graphics or a remaster with updated textures, new models, etc?

NateDrake

Which will lead to meltdowns because it isn't like the PS3 tech demo for a decade ago.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Even if this rumor is true, y'all should learn to not hype yourselves up before these conferences, as history has shown us that we often do not get what we want. Plus the impact and excitement is so much greater when it's a legitimate surprise. Now on the other hand should this rumor be false, once again some of you have hyped yourselves up so much that the fallout is going to be overwhelming. Y'all are masochists, I swear.

F239NcU.png

I....I THINK TEARS ARE COMING FROM MY FACE!! I NEVER PLAYED FFVII, BUT WAS WAITING ON A REMAKE SINCE THE PS3 GENERATION TO PLAY. I NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allard

I'd take that, the dream of getting a full 3D remake similar or better visuals then FFX was a pipe dream of pipe dreams and way too expensive to make. But a game with 3D models of more present game quality moving around a 3D but pre-rendered world in similar fashion as the original feels right to me. The type of remake people are asking for just wouldn't be FFVII otherwise.

It all makes sense now, that's why he was laughing last year when they presented it. You all fell for the joke, so now they're giving you the real deal Holyfield.

This is exactly what I want though. New HD backgrounds with static camera angles and such.

The moment you turn FFVII into a modern RPG is the moment you ruin it.

Somewhere off the show floor, there's probably a Sources Lounge, where these people are all corroborating these rumors and drinking brandy from oversized snifters while laughing at us while they spectate on their jewel-encrusted iPads...

Why are some people saying that Level-5 might be working on it? I really hope that rumor is false because I word much rather L5 spend their time on something new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom