• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

I'd take that, the dream of getting a full 3D remake similar or better visuals then FFX was a pipe dream of pipe dreams and way too expensive to make. But a game with 3D models of more present game quality moving around a 3D but pre-rendered world in similar fashion as the original feels right to me. The type of remake people are asking for just wouldn't be FFVII otherwise.

And this is why Square shouldn't bother. No matter the course they take it will piss off a crowd of people. Either it won't stay true to the source material of the original due to changes, or the changes won't be enough and people will complain that it was a wasted effort.

this-is-too-much-gif.gif

Somewhere off the show floor, there's probably a Sources Lounge, where these people are all corroborating these rumors and drinking brandy from oversized snifters while laughing at us while they spectate on their jewel-encrusted iPads...

It could still be an elaborate social experiment, but I'd be fine with even that

Maybe it's a ploy by MS to increase hype levels such insane levels that everyone will end up being disappointed

Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul with new CGI cutscenes but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.

This is what I'm expecting.

zulux21

Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul with new CGI cutscenes but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.

personally I would be totally fine with this. bring up the assets to a FFX HD remaster level and I will buy it again.

either way I am officially getting on the hype train for one last go with this remake. I expect it to crash like previous times but alas I can't deny i am excited anymore.

Reveirg

Why are some people saying that Level-5 might be working on in? I really hope that rumor is false because I word much rather L5 spend their time on something new!

"Seasoned RPG dev" according to venturebeat. Hino was on a S-E stream recently.

+ conjecture.

Take it with a grain of salt.

LuuKyK

But then thinking about it again, if it was a mere/minor update on the graphics of the game it wouldn't really take until 2017, would it? lol

Edit: Well, the article does say that development started some months ago, so idk.

Just imagine, we have smoke in the air for FFVII remake, the Last Guardian. We know UC4 will be there... Some rumored JRPG exclusives, maybe Gravity Rush 2, Star Wars will be there, COD probably as well... Then maybe Horizon, Sony Bends game, God of War, maybe maybe maybes everywhere... Rumored 3rd party exclusives......

Sony could really put together an incredible show tonight.... Damn.....

I honestly think that's the best case scenario.

Dice//

Banned

I'd...love that. Still. Actually.

I hope is at least they created new pre-rendered backgrounds and put highpolygon models in these and lot's of shaders.

I'll die happy.

Yeah, that would still be pretty damn big.

personally I would be totally fine with this. bring up the assets to a FFX HD remaster level and I will buy it again.

either way I am officially getting on the hype train for one last go with this remake. I expect it to crash like previous times but alas I can't deny i am excited anymore.

Nah needs to at least match that tech demo
That still looks damn good

Millions? You are grossly overestimating jrpg demand in the xbox community. They wouldn't even bother releasing it in Japan leaving only the western market.

Yes, a FF7 remake would easily sell millions on both Xbox One and PS4. Easily 10 million combined. The amount of people who would buy this game just because of the name, regardless of whether they enjoy JRPGs or not...

crinale

Why are some people saying that Level-5 might be working on in? I really hope that rumor is false because I word much rather L5 spend their time on something new!

- Hino hinted he's developing PS4 game and might (may not) show up on E3 2015.
- Venturebeat is saying FF7 remake is outsourced to JRPG dev with repetition.

Those may be reasons.

XenodudeX

I highly doubt it will be a full blown remake ( aka PS4 graphics). If they just got rid of those awful blocky character models and just use the battle models, I would buy it day one.

Yeah, I have a feeling that's what we'll be getting if anything at all. It's less work and a way to get rid of the FF7 Remake complaints every year.

Soi-Fong

Would be a thousand times more exciting if this was a big budget FFVI remake instead.

Really guys, love it or hate it, FF VII is well renowned and well-known. If Sony is backing this, then goddamn will they have a hit on their hands.

The term, "Final Fantasy VII" is synonymous w/ Playstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom