• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you put the dots together, it means that Sony knows that they have nothing to be scared of because they know that they have the nukes ready to be dropped.
OMG BELIEVE!

That would be great, Xbox conference was strong.

Really hope Sony have at least one huge out-of-nowhere announcement like the backwards compatibility.

KaYotiX

Banned
If it is announced is it a 2017 or 2018 title? Still waiting on FFXV....

If they just show a 2 min CG video I'll be disappointed.

wmlk

As much as like the KH Cloud design (better than his original imo), I doubt SE would opt for that...

Maybe if Nomura has more freedom on the designs, he can come up with stuff like that for the rest of the cast, but I doubt it.

Nomura directed Advent Children, so I don't have faith in him with regards to the direction.

I don't know who to trust on the staff lol. That's why I'm so afraid of whatever this is going to be.

If Last Guardian and FFVIIre both get announced at this Sony conference, does the space-time continuum open up?

I suspect the innate need for universal balance will result in at least a massive earthquake (more likely a massive meteor strike or global war, something on that order). We few survivors crawl out of our bomb shelters, dust of our PS4s, and then (cue twilight zone music and camera zoom), realize that PSN is down... Forever.

JJD

Why the title change? Which other sources reported the remake besides Siliconera guys?

Also Verendus redeemed?

Goddard

this is the grain of salt with which I am taking this news

Salt_mountain.jpg

dmr87

Wait. Update me. Who are the new sources for this crazy bullshit?

Why the title change? Which other sources reported the remake besides Siliconera guys?

Also Verendus redeemed?

Siliconera said:
It's happening

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

Poster has been verified.

Venturebeat said:

Wario64 said:

Destructoid said:

holysan

How the hell did this thread get almost 4k posts within 14 hours ?!

Same with Shenmue III
Same with The Last Guardian

I'm having a hard time to figure out if you guys are just a bunch of trolls or if you honestly believe that something like this might really happen.

Wait. Update me. Who are the new sources for this crazy bullshit?

Seconded. I'd like to see the new sources too. Also holy shit at that Sony's E3 arena photo from Twitter. That's fucking huge compared to last year. They just have to have bombs ready to be dropped with an arena that size. If I recall correctly it's about three times larger than last year? It's a god damn arena.

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw dmr87's post above. Thanks dude.

How the hell did this thread get almost 4k posts within 14 hours ?!

Same with Shenmue III
Same with The Last Guardian

I'm having a hard time to figure out if you guys are just a bunch of trolls or if you honestly believe that something like this might really happen.

Everyone on GAF is trolling you right now

King_Moc

Banned
The music has been playing in my head all day long

God FFVII and FFVI had incredible soundtracks

I think VII's is maybe the best soundtrack of all time. I'm almost certain that most people's opinion on that game exists because of just how well that soundtrack seems to tie into the gameworld. It has great atmosphere for a 2D rendered game. If there is a remake, that's probably what i'm most hesitant about. The Advent Children versions of the tracks were nowhere near as good.

Nesther

Who here would cry if they'd actually announce it? Not ashamed to admit that I would
that and Banjo-Threeie are the only reveals that could put me into a sobbing state

SkylineRKR

This can't go wrong.

If it doesn't get announced (and it won't imo), then the salt is real.

If it does get announced, its great.

Who here would cry if they'd actually announce it? Not ashamed to admit that I would
that and Banjo-Threeie are the only reveals that could put me into a sobbing state

Between FFVII and TLG I would be a fucking emotional wreck. I've already warned my girlfriend that there won't be any sex tonight because she will never have found me more unattractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom