• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Gamestop has over 600 preorders for the PS4 (Sold out until February)

I am from Costa Rica, I preorder my ps4 here instead of getting it from USA, on the list I am the pre-order 1059. I asked how was the Xbone pre-oder rate, the guy told me from every 100 only 1 was a Xbone.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Pretty much the only way Sony can fuck this up at this point is if there's hardware failure and if there is any good in this world then there won't be. Otherwise, sales-wise it's smooth sailing for the next year or two at least even if Xbone drops a $400 Kinectless version.

SpartanN92

Banned
Mind sharing your stats for preorders/reserves of PS4 vs XB1?

66 PS4 and around 75 Xbone,

I'm not sure the EXACT number of Xbone reserves because the reserves have been re opened a few times over the past few weeks but last time I checked it was in the seventies.

GS has occasionally authorized 3 Xbones today, 1 this day, 2 per store on Friday etc Entirely random when and how many... These are not the day one special edition units though. They will arrive on launch (Supposedly)

SpartanN92

Banned
I am from Costa Rica, I preorder my ps4 here instead of getting it from USA, on the list I am the pre-order 1059. I asked how was the Xbone pre-oder rate, the guy told me from every 100 only 1 was a Xbone.

And you believe that? -_-

Gamestop numbers in America are for most stores split relatively evenly. The demand is there for both systems.

tesqui

I thought that said "My Grandpa has over 600 preorders on the PS4"

I started to feel a sense of hatred for said grandpa.

SpartanN92

Banned
Well in Costa Rica that may be the case. Who knows.

You really think in Costa Rica that for every 100 PS4's there is 1 Xbone?

Absolutely not.

I'm not trying to be biased, this probably sounds like I'm MS's PR guys...But it is honestly the truth. So far the Demand for both systems has been relatively even.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm calling Ducktales. My local store can't get 600 Call of Duty preorders but a store with 600 pieces of launch hardware? My comparison, my GS has barely over 100 preorders and I live in a decent place, around people with money.

big_z

uhm they got burned because the Wii U is a flop that nobody wanted, why would you want/expect that to happen for the PS4?

there are people with 50+ ps4 preorders. thanks to the positive fan reaction to sonys announcement as soon as preorders went live scalpers were stock piling more than I've ever seen for a gaming product. theres going to be a lot of sony stock sitting in the back of SUVs and vans.

I think it will but for different reasons. I think resupplies will be plentiful and they will sell through therefore negating the need for scalpers, and I think people would rather take their chances on a store guaranteeing 12 units in their ad than deal with a scalper. Some scalpers will make hay, but they are too greedy for their own good and over buy. Good luck to any scalper thinking a Wii scenario will ever happen again ever.

a couple people have mentioned they've already started selling preorder slips for both consoles at $800-$1000 a piece.

66 PS4 and around 75 Xbone,

I'm not sure the EXACT number of Xbone reserves because the reserves have been re opened a few times over the past few weeks but last time I checked it was in the seventies.

GS has occasionally authorized 3 Xbones today, 1 this day, 2 per store on Friday etc Entirely random when and how many... These are not the day one special edition units though. They will arrive on launch (Supposedly)

xbox also has higher pre-orders here. Microsoft had promo materials in stores earlier than sony so that might be why or it could be the general public has more interest in xbone. hard to say but the tiny percentage that makes up the hardcore online gaming community often doesn't reflect mass consumer interest. its going to be interesting to see how things pan out over the next few months.

badb0y

Absolutely not.

I'm not trying to be biased, this probably sounds like I'm MS's PR guys...But it is honestly the truth. So far the Demand for both systems has been relatively even.
That's actaully bad for Microsoft because US is a major market for them. Even in the US means they are probably getting dominated overseas.

LCfiner

Absolutely not.

Based on what numbers?

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more PS4!!

Walken-Cowbell.jpg

Better put those ps4's in the only place you know is safe...
to protect it from looters

Mung

Gamestop numbers in America are for most stores split relatively evenly. The demand is there for both systems.

Man, if it ends up being 50-50 in the US that's bad news for MS. Will be a landslide elsewhere.

edit: beaten

Foghorn Leghorn

Unconfirmed Member
xbox also has higher pre-orders here. Microsoft had promo materials in stores earlier than sony so that might be why or it could be the general public has more interest in xbone. hard to say but the tiny percentage that makes up the hardcore online gaming community often doesn't reflect mass consumer interest. its going to be interesting to see how things pan out over the next few months.

It's not just hardcore gamers. The #1 most wanted item for the holiday(boys) this year, age 12-17 is a PS4.

Good thing I pre-ordered on Amazon minutes after the E3 presentation.

Going into an empty EB Games was bad enough, I'd rather not go there on the 15th entirely

Vormund

Absolutely not.

Well for one thing it's not a huge market, and secondly some places can be heavily lopsided in their preferences. I think someone mentioned here that a middle eastern country was heavily into the 360. But like I said, who knows about that market. I'm certainly not writing it off outright, I'll keep an open mind.

And I'm not sure where you get the demand being relatively even though if you are talking about WW, because nothing so far points to that.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Purely anecdotal on my part but here in Dublin (Ireland) people looking for PS4s are being told February at the earliest at all the usual stores.

My neighbor went to Austria today, to check if there will be any chance of getting one on 29th. Answer: maybe some in the middle of December if you will be lucky and be in store when they arrive, otherwise in the middle of January at earliest :D

Well for one thing it's not a huge market, and secondly some places can be heavily lopsided in their preferences. I think someone mentioned here that a middle eastern country was heavily into the 360. But like I said, who knows about that market. I'm certainly not writing it off outright, I'll keep an open mind.

360 did very well in certain AsPac markets due to piracy.

It's extremely difficult to gauge the actual market share for certain regions once piracy is thrown in the mix.

bumpkin

If I didn't actually want to play my PS4 on launch day (instead of Feb or Mar), hearing stuff like this makes me give serious thought to just flipping my pre-order. Chances are I could make enough money to buy another -- whenever the fuck they become available -- and still have 300-400 extra dollars in my pocket.

Iorv3th

Absolutely not.

So you are aware of Costa Rica's markets? I know we have gotten more xbone pre-orders since early days, but it hasn't caught up to ps4 at my store. However this is also in the US. That isn't speaking anything for the rest of the world where many of the features will not work (at least right away).

well, the Xbone is more expensive here than the ps4, also I know more ppl with ps3 than xbox360, I dont think they are 100 - 1, but I dont think the guy was lying to me(but who knows). Lets be honest if microsoft didnt do the 180, it could be just ps4, no one would buy a xbone here.

Replicant

Absolutely not.

What a fucking nonsense. What do you know about demands for the consoles throughout the US, let alone in other parts of the world?

That's right, you know jackshit.

My local indie (UK) has 3:1 ratio of PS4 vs Xbox One. He did say that he was told by MS to stop taking pre-orders.
He did say that a lot of Xbox fans are now switching over to Sony for this gen. I think MS are in trouble here. PS4 is going to kill Xbox One this gen.

Sony must have quite a few manufacturing sites working 24/7 to meet demand. I can easily see over 2 million PS4's sold in the first week worldwide.

This should be no surprise to anyone who actually lives in the UK. When two brands of equal weight release 2 products of similar specs, the cheapest will always do better.

The only company that really has bucked the trend is Apple and if Nokia and Blackberry had a competitive answer sooner, the iPhone wouldnt of had the success it did.

Brand loyalty means alot less here than it does in other places, which is another reason Nintendo is struggling.

I expect the PS4 to healthly outsell the Xbox one until such time the Kinectless SKU/ £350 SKU arrives.

Sony was not kidding when they said "Greatness awaits." Really does not surprise me though. Sony has been Killing MS when it comes to marketing the PS4 compared the the X1. I personally was hoping to see either MS or Sony pay rights to Lionsgate and try to get Don Draper pitching one of the new consoles cause that would of been rad.

SpartanN92

Banned
What a fucking nonsense. What do you know about demands for the consoles throughout the US, let alone in other parts of the world?

That's right, you know jackshit.

I have seen the reserve numbers for my store and district. Districts across America typically show very little change and you can use one district as a decent model for what is happening across the country.

Calm yourself, you seem to be taking it as a personal offense that people also want Xbox's.

Replicant

I have seen the reserve numbers for my store and district. Districts across America typically show very little change and you can use one district as a decent model for what is happening across the country.

Calm yourself, you seem to be taking it as a personal offense that people also want Xbox's.

Let's see this sources and numbers then. And no, I don't want some bullshit, made-up numbers. I want to see hard facts, sources.

I don't need to calm myself. I'm just calling bullshit when I see one. You don't know anything about the pre-order numbers more than the rest of us.

jmcoo7

Banned
I finally decided to jump in and ordered my ps4 from shopto, must admit I'm rather excited at the thought of a new console. I bought a Wii u zelda but excitement was muted. I haven't been looking forward so much to a console since I travelled 250 miles to get my ps2, ah the memories. Last generation I was pretty much an Xbox fan but well I'm glad to be going home :).

SpartanN92

Banned
Let's see this sources and numbers then. And no, I don't want some bullshit, made-up numbers. I want to see hard facts, sources.

No, I'm just calling bullshit when I see one. You don't know anything about the pre-order numbers more than the rest of us.

If you read my earlier post I told you how many we have in my store.

I finally decided to jump in and ordered my ps4 from shopto, must admit I'm rather excited at the thought of a new console. I bought a Wii u zelda but excitement was muted. I haven't been looking forward so much to a console since I travelled 250 miles to get my ps2, ah the memories. Last generation I was pretty much an Xbox fan but well I'm glad to be going home :).

Damn 250 miles, that is hard core I must say. I got lucky and found a launch PS2 at Sears of all places.

Shaffield

pretty irresponsible to tell the OP how many they are getting. video game stores are already big targets for theft this holiday and they shouldn't be giving out that information.

Your first sentence is fair.

Your second, however, sounds like a fair leap of an assumption, unless you have reason to believe that the trend of one district cuts across 400+ North American districts.

Even in very small countries, I've seen marketing and product statistics that has rather significant variances, simply a few hundred kilometers up north/south. USA has a very diverse make-up, so it's interesting to inquire why you feel that way in regards to district overview.

Iorv3th

Try again. I said I want facts, I want sources. I don't want your bullshit, made-up numbers.

If he posted a screenshot of it he could be fired for it. I will say that xbone has caught up a lot though in pre-orders. That doesn't necessarily mean it will do better though. We have had PS4 pre-orders off for a long time and never turned them back on. XBO pre-orders have been on and off sporadically. We also have a wait list for both consoles, we call customers on the wait list when pre-orders are available for the xbone. We have never gotten to do that with PS4 because it's never been turned back on.

Dezzy

I've got a preorder for PS4 and X1 at the same store. I'll go there at the same time for both consoles, and take a picture of how long the line of is for each, for my own amusement.

Replicant

If he posted a screenshot of it he could be fired for it.

Then he shouldn't bold faced claiming that he can tell which one gets more order while accusing others of being incorrect with their information. And yet, here he is unable to prove the truth of his own information.

This thread is FILLED with speculation and anecdotal evidence. Why you feel the need to go after one person is crazy.

Because he's the one who started accusing others of having incorrect information. And yet when he's being pressed about his own information, he can't provide proof.

Top Bottom