• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Gamestop has over 600 preorders for the PS4 (Sold out until February)

Madridy

I don't know where is the best place to ask this:

Did any of the spec info release for the PS4 mention a Universal PSU? i.e. 110v-240v rating

Like the PS3.

Vestal

Gold Member
Doing this from a mobile...bear with me

nQMBPTB.jpg

Who's to say who is telling the truth out of this guy or the OP? You don't need to be so confrontational; clearly he's seen these figures from work and doesn't have free access to that information without compromising his job. If you don't agree so strongly, just choose not to believe him. But posting 'evidence' would be very difficult.

We need a receiptsshown.gif.

Massive damage

SpartanN92

Banned
It's not that i dont believe you but wheres the reference for PS4 non launch edition? Also, no xbone games at all?

There is no launch edition... PS4 only has one Sku.

Also games are on another page ( the preorder list is like 5 pages long). I only took a pic of the console page.

Edit: this page has PS games because their SKU # is lower than the Xbone Sku.

Example: 360 sku is 20#####, PS3 is 27#####

johnny956

There is no launch edition... PS4 only has one Sku.

Also games are on another page ( the preorder list is like 5 pages long). I only took a pic of the console page.

Games are not in any order on the print sheet.

He is correct on the one sku. Amazon made a "launch" sku which is the same as a standard sku ps4. No other retailers have a launch sku ps4 (including the company I work for).

sith ewok

There is only one SKU in the Gamestop POS for Playstation 4. It wouldn't be under different SKU's like the Xbox is because the physical "Day one" X1 system is a different SKU from Microsoft as it comes bundled with the day one bonuses.

Previous experience. Also based on next gen game preorders as a whole.

I'm not saying there aren't odd stores or districts that sway one way or the other but when they are neck and neck like this it's usually a pretty good indicator.

Sounds a bit subjective... but fair point. It's practically impossible to take into account all the external factors anyway.

Man, too bad launch day isn't simultaneous for XB1/PS4. The lines for both consoles across the entire country would've made for an amazing estimation of the national make-up for both countries for approximately how much was allocated, and the interest level across regions.

Chucker

Been meaning to post this in any hype thread, but for those of you going to a midnight launch for a PS4/XBONE, don't go alone. Safer to have someone there with you at all times. If nothing else, it's good to have company while you wait.

Going to 2nd this. My cousin in law was waiting for the 360 at Best Buy, went to the gas station across the street to get a snack and use the restroom while his friend held his spot and got robbed in the parking lot.

We're getting into crazy holiday times and people do foul stuff. Be safe campers.

SpartanN92

Banned
Just out of curiosity, and if you don't want to answer, I'll understand......but what state is this?

Well my name is my profile...anonymity is sort of redundant here.

Honestly I don't think I'd be in too much trouble over this. It's not confidential info.

That said I'd prefer my bosses DONT find out.

shandy706

Doing this from a mobile...bear with me

nQMBPTB.jpg

Would be cool if we could see these from different points around the US/world.

These new consoles are going to sell like crazy.

Well my name is my profile...anonymity is sort of redundant here. (snip State name).

Honestly I don't think I'd be in too much trouble over this. It's not confidential info.

That said I'd prefer my bosses DONT find out.

Yeah, I wouldn't answer anymore questions...in fact I'd remove the state from your comment.

People on the internet can be real douche-bags.

Going to 2nd this. My cousin in law was waiting for the 360 at Best Buy, went to the gas station across the street to get a snack and use the restroom while his friend held his spot and got robbed in the parking lot.

We're getting into crazy holiday times and people do foul stuff. Be safe campers.

I tried making a thread on this subject but it got locked. Mine's in a mall so I'm only worried about the walk to my car. Almost considering waiting for the next morning just to not risk it.

beast786

I say that they are even is a huge win for sony.

My personal prediction was 45/55 in XB1 favor. I think after what happened in US over last 7 years. Sony will take that split in a heart beat.

People are still ignorant to the fact that PS4 is going to completely obliterate the Xbone in terms of sales this month.

Globally, yes.

Hard to tell with US. Some places are seeing higher amounts of allocated PS4 stocks, some places aren't. With a sampling of only 10-20 or so GAFers with both 1st, 2nd and 3rd-hand info on these stuff, we aren't going to know for sure. 50:50 seems to the minimum expectation though.

I think it's taken for granted PS4 will obliterate XB1 everywhere else... except maybe Brazil. And even that's a maybe.

Globally, yes.

Hard to tell with US. Some places are seeing higher amounts of allocated PS4 stocks, some places aren't. With a sampling of only 10-20 or so GAFers with both 1st, 2nd and 3rd-hand info on these stuff, we aren't going to know for sure. 50:50 seems to the minimum expectation though.

I think it's taken for granted PS4 will obliterate XB1 everywhere else... except maybe Brazil. And even that's a maybe.

I'm confident it's going to be US as well, the hype for this system is ridiculous.

moho-foe

Neo Member
Globally, yes.

hmmm. my area is seeing 3-1 going for PS4. I would say that PS4 vs XBOX will be 60-40 split and that's being charitable. IMO

joshlpaige

Neo Member

I have mine preordered at a Wal-Mart. I will be on my bicycle (as I don't own a car anymore), so I will not be doing any of the midnight madness. I've never done a console launch without attending a midnight event, nor have I ever purchased one from Wal-Mart. I am a little nervous that, because I am going to wait until Friday morning, I will not get it on the 15th.

Either way, I expect I'll be able to get it and enjoy it with the rest of you folks.

This astronomical preorder figure and shift of consumers towards Sony doesn't surprise me one bit. To be fair, people like me had to make a choice. I'm sure there are some stores where XboxOne and PS4 are equal, some where XboxOne is ahead, etc. Anecdotally and with evidence from around the interwebs, I feel as though PS4 has to be significantly ahead at this point (especially given the moves that Microsoft has been making / the PR steps they've been taking).

In any case, people like me had to make a choice. I've been a Nintendo only gamer for 30 years. I have a Wii U, but its not that great of a gamer's system (although as has been noted it is getting way better, and right now I view it as a Mario / Zelda & most importantly Smash Bros. device). I have wanted to include a more hardcore system in my repertoire for a while now, and decided that next generation was the gen in which I'd do it. I don't need both Xbox and Playstation, and I don't want both. I have a souped up PC for my DOTA 2 fix and some other games, so one of either Sony or Microsoft will suffice.

How did I make my decision ? It was simple: Which company was trying to utilize their power to take advantage of a situation? Both Sony and Microsoft have this in their histories: Microsoft with windows (and now XboxOne) and Sony with Playstation 3. The market position of each dictated their future actions -- and Sony decided to go the humble route and build a device and a vision worth my gaming dollars. That's it. It was that simple. I have no true loyalty to anyone (other than Nintendo probably, who I've played since I was 5). But Sony convinced me of their vision and of their aims.

I hope they follow through and deliver, as I've never really wanted multiple consoles but I'm trying it for the first time.

SpartanN92

Banned
I'm doing this not out of some stupid fanboyism towards Xbone. I have both systems preordered. I personally prefer what MS has to offer (I'm a big Halo fan) but I also love me some Sony.

It is just super annoying to hear all these 2nd/3rd hand stories like "My friend heard it was 9-1 PS4 favor." These stories are simply not true (In America anyway.)

moho-foe

Neo Member
Thank you....Again stupid of me to do it in the first place.

i hope you don't see any trouble for posting that.

what makes me believe PS4 will still outsell xbox considerably is seeing that the two consoles are about even.

if there is a huge lead it's always PS4 in the lead. i've yet to see or hear of anyone posting about 2-1 or 3-1 in favor of xbox reserves.

SpartanN92

Banned
i hope you don't see any trouble for posting that.

what makes me believe PS4 will still outsell xbox considerably is seeing that the two consoles are about even.

if there is a huge lead it's always PS4 in the lead. i've yet to see or hear of anyone posting about 2-1 or 3-1 in favor of xbox reserves.

I'm quite confident America will see a relatively even split (Technically a loss for MS)

WW sales are gonna be PS4 wins. Not sure about England/Australia/NewZealand

Anybody from those locations have an ear to the ground on what's happening there?

I'm doing this not out of some stupid fanboyism towards Xbone. I have both systems preordered. I personally prefer what MS has to offer (I'm a big Halo fan) but I also love me some Sony.

It is just super annoying to hear all these 2nd/3rd hand stories like "My friend heard it was 9-1 PS4 favor." These stories are simply not true (In America anyway.)

Sounds about right for America. The larger discrepancies are more likely to be from overseas.

If Sony is matching MS in NA that is a big win for them since they have the rest of the world lock down .
Still different areas going to have different results and at this stage with preorders being cut off it don't mean much .
The winner for launch is who going to get the most systems out in NA .

I know there's Future Shops here in Canada that are having midnight launches have 250 consoles per-store besides the ones already pre-ordered.

Quebec has some labor laws so no midnight launches :( I didn't pre-order so might try my early morning luck. Since its already miserable outside I doubt there will be lines early AM.

That's where I pre-ordered mine. I was told they expect to have enough stock to ocver pre-orders as they believe they stopped selling pre-orders on time.

Kacho

Good stuff, Bryan. lol One the Penny Arcade guys was saying that the PS4 and One would be closer than everyone thought (in America).

Dead

well not really...yet

Discrepancies of about 3 to 1 in favor of PS4 are something that I have personally seen. 9 to 1 is definitely outrageous tho

SpartanN92

Banned
If Sony is matching MS in NA that is a big win for them since they have the rest of the world lock down .
Still different areas going to have different results and at this stage with preorders being cut off it don't mean much .
The winner for launch is who going to get the most systems out in NA .

Japan isn't even a launch territory.... That all said though, Launch sales at the end are irrelevant. This is a long term fight for both companies...Software will decide the winner in the end.

Skilletor

I'm sure both consoles will do well, but it's going to be hilarious to see the Nov/Dec NPD threads.

I love me a good meltdown.

But it is true...let me ask you, have you spoken to groups of gamestop managers at all? How would you know otherwise?

Tsundere

Banned
Hell and Japan isn't even a launch territory.... That all said though, Launch sales at the end are irrelevant. This is a long term fight for both companies...Software will decide the winner in the end.

So what happens when you don't get enough Day One editions to fill those pre-orders? Do they get the option to switch to standards instead?

moho-foe

Neo Member
I'm quite confident America will see a relatively even split (Technically a loss for MS)

WW sales are gonna be PS4 wins. Not sure about England/Australia/NewZealand

Anybody from those locations have an ear to the ground on what's happening there?

for there to be an even split you would also need to have areas reporting reserves hugely in favor of xbox. i'm just not seeing that. has anyone else?

xbox coming in dead even in a few areas, at best, doesn't cancel out the areas that have huge leads for PS4. like i said, my area has 3-1 favoring PS4 and i'm in the US.

SpartanN92

Banned
So what happens when you don't get enough Day One editions to fill those pre-orders? Do they get the option to switch to standards instead?

We should be getting exactly the right amount of Day One editions to satisfy reserves. The rest are presumably standard editions.

That said these things rarely go 100% to plan...The comments I saw about Gamestop taking reserves and not meeting those reservations is to my knowledge false.

There is a reason why we do preorders, so we can know how many we need come launch.

Those stories can still be true depending on area i don't live in the US but me and most my friends getting one from the same place .
While hardly anyone getting X1 from the same location now that don't mean it that way country wide but area wide it's the truth .
Think red or blue states lol .

Japan isn't even a launch territory.... That all said though, Launch sales at the end are irrelevant. This is a long term fight for both companies...Software will decide the winner in the end.

Having good launch sales are a plus in the long run to tell the truth .
I will get my PS4 early along with some friends and then rest of the group will get what we have .
For this gen it was split for our group not for this one .

Top Bottom