• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 20th Anniversary Celebration

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
A mere 20 years ago today, give or take, I founded NeoGAF. A week prior the old GAF database had become irretrievably corrupted by a popular thread about PuzzleDonkey, an online puzzle challenge. Most of us gave up and were ready to move on, but being my stubborn self I didn’t want to let GAF disappear into the void despite the many difficulties with keeping a forum up and running back then. Instead, I raised a bit of cash from generous members for hosting and a forum license and founded NeoGAF over the next frantic week.

We’ve preserved our database all the way since that day in 2004 and collected countless thousands of memorable moments across well over 100 million posts.

NeoGAF has had its ups, downs, and rebounds since then, but it remains today what it always was at its core: a great place to discuss all things video games and the latest industry news.

Thanks for being a part of our little community. I’ll keep it going, you keep having fun. Cheers. 🍻

Scotty W

Banned
3zPnwYE.jpeg

peish

Gold Member
A mere 20 years ago today, give or take, I founded NeoGAF. A week prior the old GAF database had become irretrievably corrupted by a popular thread about PuzzleDonkey, an online puzzle challenge. Most of us gave up and were ready to move on, but being my stubborn self I didn’t want to let GAF disappear into the void despite the many difficulties with keeping a forum up and running back then. Instead, I raised a bit of cash from generous members for hosting and a forum license and founded NeoGAF over the next frantic week.

We’ve preserved our database all the way since that day in 2004 and collected countless thousands of memorable moments across well over 100 million posts.

NeoGAF has had its ups, downs, and rebounds since then, but it remains today what it always was at its core: a great place to discuss all things video games and the latest industry news.

Thanks for being a part of our little community. I’ll keep it going, you keep having fun. Cheers. 🍻

Hi Old Man, can you tell us the story about how some puzzledonkey corrupted the database?

x1

Carton

Gold Member
My how time has flown. NeoGAF has been a constant cozy place to visit during downtime, not to mention the sheer number of hours of i’ve whiled away procrastinating. I’ve learnt a lot and laughed a lot. To many more to come! 🍻

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've only been here for a bit over half of that (joined in 2013) but GAF is great and my favorite website. So many great times and legendary threads - here's to (at least) 20 more!

Shtef

Gold Member
Congratulations. I joined gaf when ps3 cgi killzone was unveiled to the world. Since then i left and came back many times.

x1

zokie

Gold Member
i had left a few new generation forums due to too many rules and regulations , Neogaf is still 2nd home to me in terms of gaming forum

x1

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I remember when I first signed up and it took months to be approved to post. Good times! Thanks for keeping the forum alive EviLore EviLore
I browse the forums every morning while eating breakfast before work. This place is one of the few places where we can still post and have a laugh without the woke mob coming for us with their pitchforks.

realcool

20 years ago, the bros and I would battle on Fight Night 2004.

20 years later, I'm still gaming and still having wars.

I still love it, but I used to love it more.

Top Bottom