• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 20th Anniversary Celebration

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Amazing… here’s to the next 20👍🏻👍🏻🎉
Can't wait to discuss more games with all the interesting people.

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

T8SC

Will RGR & the sonic guy still try to register in another 20yrs?

On another note, congrats on the 20yr achievement. The Internet is very different to what it was in 2004 when forums were commonplace.

Amazing. This is my second account, but I have been on this forum since George W Bush was President. Truly remarkable. The internet conversation about GAF back in the 2008ish-2014ish was fever pitch. It was wild.

Currently, GAF imo, has matured (MOSTLY. Haha) into the most mature of the gaming forums. Which is really good imo.

Good luck and wishing you 20 more incredible years!

A mere 20 years ago today, give or take, I founded NeoGAF. A week prior the old GAF database had become irretrievably corrupted by a popular thread about PuzzleDonkey, an online puzzle challenge. Most of us gave up and were ready to move on, but being my stubborn self I didn’t want to let GAF disappear into the void despite the many difficulties with keeping a forum up and running back then. Instead, I raised a bit of cash from generous members for hosting and a forum license and founded NeoGAF over the next frantic week.

We’ve preserved our database all the way since that day in 2004 and collected countless thousands of memorable moments across well over 100 million posts.

NeoGAF has had its ups, downs, and rebounds since then, but it remains today what it always was at its core: a great place to discuss all things video games and the latest industry news.

Thanks for being a part of our little community. I’ll keep it going, you keep having fun. Cheers. 🍻
Happy 20th! It's been a long road here 😄

TheUsual

Gold Member
E3 hype threads and site crashes were always fun. I always wanted to know what big news was just announced that caused the crash. Back when there was barely (if any) other media outlets giving out live news. To another 20!

Jaybe

Gold Member
I love this forum. I was on here ages back with my university email. My girlfriend at the time called it “grey bars”. We had amazing sales threads with reported and leaked numbers. The Canadian deals thread was excellent when we had multiple retailers and crazy E3 preorder deals.

This forum had a wealth of interesting history. People’s reception to Demon’s Souls in 2009 was a wild read that I looked a few months back.

Here’s to 20 more years!

Nonehxc

A mere 20 years ago today, give or take, I founded NeoGAF. A week prior the old GAF database had become irretrievably corrupted by a popular thread about PuzzleDonkey, an online puzzle challenge. Most of us gave up and were ready to move on, but being my stubborn self I didn’t want to let GAF disappear into the void despite the many difficulties with keeping a forum up and running back then. Instead, I raised a bit of cash from generous members for hosting and a forum license and founded NeoGAF over the next frantic week.

We’ve preserved our database all the way since that day in 2004 and collected countless thousands of memorable moments across well over 100 million posts.

NeoGAF has had its ups, downs, and rebounds since then, but it remains today what it always was at its core: a great place to discuss all things video games and the latest industry news.

Thanks for being a part of our little community. I’ll keep it going, you keep having fun. Cheers. 🍻
Happy birthday!!

Also, I shudder to think what kind of monstruos SKYNET we will train when our shitposts are sold to the Lords of AI. 😆

Because the only logical course of action would be CLEANSING BY FIRE 🔥 🔥 🔥

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
If it wasn't for GAF, I probably never would've collected almost ~7TBs of original video game and artists artwork files, never would've cared about Photo Modes in video games without having a privilege of messing around with original video game artwork files in PS / AI / CSP, never would've started making my own shit cuz of that, restoring old artworks and making them better with modern assets and techniques I've learned over the years, never would've meet many friends here and from around the world and beyond Russia, never would've made my english better to a point that I can write freely now without even going to an english school once in my life...

I mean, I can go on forever with this so I'll just stop by saying - Thank fuck for NeoGAF and enormous respect to EviLore EviLore for keeping this forum alive after so many years🙏

Here's to another 20 years and hopefully in a much better world soon free of dictatorships!🕊️

drunk-dance.gif

Kazdane

Gold Member
I've been a long time reader of the forum, I stumbled upon it back in 2010 or 2011, and I would check it every single day. In 2014 I decided to create an account, although I'm mostly a lurker, and a decade later, I'm still checking the forum every single day, multiple times a day, and I hope to continue doing so for a very long time.

Congrats EviLore EviLore , it's hard to persevere for such a long time :)
Happy Birthday GIF

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So much of the internet of twenty years ago is now lost forever. Quite the achievement to keep everything going that long!
Future virtual archeologist will no doubt conclude this was a great civilization!

Markio128

Gold Member
Happy 20th anniversary! This site has been a daily source of entertainment and gaming news for me for a fair few years now, and I appreciate the effort everyone puts into it.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Congrats 🤗

No, thank you and all that made NeoGaf possible.

You've (and everyone that has helped made this place exist!!) made a place I daily visit. And a lot more when I had the nerve to sign up.

I love this community and made friends along the way, even an IRL one which I've never had guessed would've happen.

Robert Redford Nodding GIF by Turner Classic Movies

🌟💗🌟

Saber

Its a great place and I love when people throw up some false equivalences when comparing to Reera.

Top Bottom