• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 20th Anniversary Celebration

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My interest for different (popular) websites come and go. GAF however, is fucking eternal. I'll be here until the day EviLore decides to shut this fucker down, and even then, I'll make sure to pester him until he regrets his choices and keeps this site up.

ahtlas7

This is the last forum I still visit.
Tv Show Love GIF by Laff

Congrts on the 20

Banjo64

cumsessed
The only place I’ve found that’s worth contributing to, where your thoughts aren’t micro-managed and you’re allowed to express yourself without fear of retaliation. This is an exceptional forum.

Pedro Motta

Congrats to EviLore EviLore and all the other that built and endured for this place to be here today. Huge shout to those who fell along the way.

And thank you to the mods for putting up with my snarkyness.

So...who are we bullying online today boys?

Last edited:

Red5

NeoGaf is probably the last vestige of "old" gaming forums, I used to simultaneously browse GameFaqs and Gamespot forums as well as Relicnews forums back in 2006, those were the days.

Last edited:

DryvBy

NeoGAF has been apart of my life for so dang long, at least 15+ years now. I found it because I was bored at work and it was the only site not blocked for gaming. There was the darker days of GAF but thankfully those people left to get sold off. We are GAF strong and this site is so welcoming now. Heated debates where one post you can call someone a moron and team up with said moron a minute later.

Not many forums have a documentary. And not many forums have lasted this long and excelled in becoming better over the years.

To GAF, EviLore EviLore , the community and another 100 years!

Last edited:

consoul

Good times!
The memes, the meltdowns, the megaton bom zal droppen, Konami 2010. It's been a pleasure.

Thank you NeoGAF.

Dr.Morris79

I honestly don't know how long I've been here, years, years! :unsure:

Best forum on the net though. Well done mate, it's been a fun (insert years here, as I cant remember)

bOdHY2f.gif

Onto the next twenty! 💪

epTQTOd.gif

Xtib81

My go-to place when it comes to gaming. I visit it every day. It's one of the last places where you're not under the thought police control. Happy birthday Gaf !

yamaci17

veri powerful forum u have, thanks for upkeeping it and also thank everyone who is part of this community, veri fun to talk and discuss, cool things

Go_Ly_Dow

Congrats EviLore EviLore !

I got my GAF membership approved when I was 18-19 after lurking for a good 1-2 years and experiencing fomo from reading all the E3 threads and general madness.

15 years later and now a 34 year old geezer I'm glad this place is still around and thriving. Not only thriving, but one of the few places online where there's a sizeable amount of people that aren't modern ideological lunatics.

Here's to more success for yourself and GAF.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
I really can’t comprehend all the technicalities and challenges you’ve faced over the years to keep this place going. It’s honestly an incredible achievement it’s still around, and it’s an absolute testament to how much you love this community. Long may it continue.

cormack12

Gold Member
Like most this is the only forum I visit now. Can't even visit my footy teams boards without getting bombarded about politics, protests, banners telling me who it's OK to support and root for.

I like the fact you can have an argument in one thread with one person but be joking with them in another. It just feels like it's a group of people who get on, don't hold grudges but hold strong opinions. It's....honest?! I guess.

I lurked for years before getting an account, gaf back then was too fast really. It was fun but frenetic, and if you said something wrong well then be prepared to be quoted for the next 6 pages.

I think it shows community attitudes and maturity are a reflection of the people. Lately any social media or message board just seeks to be the same with different levels of extremity.

boo

Gold Member
Not posting much but has read gaf and later neogaf on and off since 1997. Happy times.

near

Gold Member
Cheers dude, now if I could just have your mother's maiden name and the name of your first school that would be golden.
I was explaining how old I was when I lurked and joined in a thread a few weeks ago and deliberately left discrepancies, no one noticed. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom