• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2011 Awards (Up: bunch of extra data, check it out!)

mujun

Disappointed to see Skyrim on the list pretty embarassing imho.
Shows that GAF is just as mainstream as other gaming sites despite many users here that try to claim we are better informed / better taste in games.

Apart from that its a decent list but Dark Souls should have been higher and certainly above Skyrim.

Dark Souls was a let down and Skyrim was my GOTY.

Should I be embarrassed? Am I ill informed? Terrible taste? Mainstream?

NeoGAF as a whole? what does that even mean? are we going to be melded together? is it gonna hurt?

You will all

become one

with the GAF

If Your Excellency gets banned for that post, I'll never say a bad thing about Skyrim again.

EDIT: Proserpina

I got annoyed with you trolling in the MML3 thread. Since then I'm finding I agree with you more often than not :p

Edit: Is it too late to not agree so I can still say bad things about Skyrim?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If the PC version of Dark Souls does happen, which is looking like a possibility, it will be a perfect game then in my eyes.
The potential graphical fidelity +AA with that art design, and high framerate everywhere.......... I would pay obnoxious amounts of money for this product.

Seriously, it's the only example I can ever think of where I'd jump at the chance to pay more than full price for a delayed PC version of a console game I paid full price for on opening day.

SamuraiX-

Vu3Fml.jpg

Okay, folks! I've tabulated all of the results, ironing out all the kinks in voting and adding in all the data needed to provide proper statistics.

Get ready for a shocking upset...

Mxrz

Wait! I forgot to vote! We can still get Uncharted 3 into the top 5! Believe!

Pleasantly surprised to see Dark Souls at 4. I actually don't like it as much as Demon's Souls, but its still great and I'm glad to see the series getting some love. Baffled by 3D Land, but slim pickings.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That top 10 is good. I don't agree with the 2 Nintendo games (don't hate on me I just don't agree :p) and I do think Xenoblade should be a little higher. I'm glad that despite the PS3 fiasco, Skyrim placed properly. You can't argue against Portal 2 though. It's a solid top 10 minus the Zelda and Mario 3D.

LiquidMetal14

Dark Souls at number 3, right where it belongs. I will play it some day but I've read enough from credible sources to believe in that game. Skyrim at number 2 is about right even though it was my #1.

Good to see Gundam Extreme VS up there considering it's import only. Say what you want about the franchise in general, but Namco did an amazing job with the game.

Grimmy

Banned
Thanks to everyone for taking part and making this such a great rundown of the year's top games, as always!

Cheesemeister:

107. [PSP] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Atlus, RPG) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention

and

196. [PSP] Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Atlus, RPG) = 4 points

are the same games :p

LiquidMetal14

Sad to see Serious Sam 3 so low. I don't think I edited that in on time but I was going to add it to my top 10.

Top Bottom