• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermii

Hah, it would certainly be quite something if most or even all of this turned out to be true. I don't think anything besides Retro's game being StarTropics is too farfetched and I also have my doubts about Mario Kart U being MK7HD but who knows :)

Nintendo always plays it safe with Mariokart, so I dont think this is too unrealistic.

popeutlal

No one is discussing the obvious, if the rumors turn out to be true then Nintendo's software drought will continue into next year....

legacyzero

Banned
Retro.... and ZELDA?

It's the only IP I can see them tackling that would be that surprising.

Come on, Nintendo. Sell me a Wii U. After Microsoft's fuck up this week, you have my attention. Strike while its hot.

Ultimadrago

bh7812 Before E3:
sdway_carlotta.jpg

After E3:
BigBobOakley.png

Hahaha

.Anema

zelda 2015?
oh god please no, noo, no no no no noooo so much time!!!
And Retro Star Tropics?, what a waste, ST is not a console seller, Nintendo dont need this, not at this time at least.

Hermii

zelda 2015?
oh god please no, noo, no no no no noooo so much time!!!
And Retro Star Tropics?, what a waste, ST is not a console seller, Nintendo dont need this, not at this time at least.

What is a console seller ? Exept for Mario and Zelda.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Since you are the first to quote me, if that guy's prediction is true, I will buy you either $20 Nintendo credit or 3 months PS+. (provided you live in NA)

It's not much, but I really do think the dude's "leaked info" is bullshit.

Yep, it's more likely to be bullshit. It wouldn't hurt to take a bet and see if it actually happens or not.

Hermii

They will. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably trolling. Playing it safe with a franchise doesn't mean being lazy...

MKWii was a step down from double dash in many ways.

I hope they at least bring back the singleplayer challenge mode from MKDS.

btkadams

mario kart being an hd upgrade of mario kart 7 would be a huge disappointment. those games already play it so safe with the additions they make. i really wanted them to push it with the wii u version.

The_Lump

Banned
Star Fox, F-Zero and Metroid (specially Metroid with the release of super metroid on the virtual console)...
At least these are more recognized than star tropics...

Well Metroid wasn't a "console seller" (still might not be, tbh) until it was reinvented by Retro for the GC. So who's to say they can't do the same for StarTropics??

For the record, I'm on #teamBS at the moment.

Will we offer him to the gods after the ND to satisfy their fury?

We won't have time. If he's lying then it'll be...

bish3dchjee.gif

before we can say EarthTropicsVsStarFoxTroid.

Empty

no-one who is ever actually in the know and disclosing stuff does it through a lengthy gamefaqs esque fanboy list lol

nintendo is the best for making up rumours because they rely on a few core ip and retro revivals so much it's really easy to sound plausible while talking nonsense

Hermii

no-one who is ever actually in the know and disclosing stuff does it through a lengthy gamefaqs esque fanboy list lol

nintendo is the best for making up rumours because they rely on a few core ip and retro revivals so much it's really easy to sound plausible while talking nonsense

I dont know. These are some very specific rumors, and if they are wrong its a first degree account suicide.

Im on #teampossible.

And yet it's always so obvious.

Like, you could say "yeah, it'll be like Mario 3D Land" and that'd be 100 times more believable, but no-one ever does!

I dont know. These are some very specific rumors, and if they are wrong its a first degree account suicide.

Im on #teampossible.

He knows the banhammer is coming. He doesn't care! Look at his username! It's probably an alt account or he has a contingency plan for after.

StAidan

I wouldn't mind seeing a new take on Star Tropics (I liked the first game), but it does seem really far-fetched. Even so, it does make about as much sense as, say, re-releasing Wind Waker, so there's that.

As far as Zelda being a 2015 game, heck, I wouldn't have expected it any earlier.

Hermii

About how many people would know the contents of these Nintendo Directs anyway ? I imagine its very compartmentalized.

Well, Moderator can check IP and see if they can find other username with same IP if it's really alt username.

He could writing this bs from school, a friend's house, grandparents' house - anywhere other than his main residence. Gaf is good, though. I saw a mod sniff out a couple alt accounts in a weed thread over on the OT board. Damn impressive work. :D

Hermii

He could writing this bs from school, a friend's house, grandparents' house - anywhere other than his main residence. Gaf is good, though. I saw a mod sniff out a couple alt accounts in a weed thread over on the OT board. Damn impressive work. :D

Maybe he just doesnt care about GAF anymore and wants to go out in style.

Effect

Shouldn't a private message.....stay private regardless of it's content? There is an understanding that they will and should.

Maybe he just doesnt care about GAF anymore and wants to go out in style.

I have a sneaking suspician that his alt can be found in this thread. He would be an advocate of this nonsense, of course - some support to help get the rumors rolling. Like a criminal who returns to the scene of a crime...

Zelda in 2 years with nothing to show at e3? Smash in 2014?

Hopefully not true , cause that's fucking awful. Unacceptable in the state that Wii U's in.

Rhapsody

Banned
Zelda in 2 years with nothing to show at e3? Smash in 2014?

Hopefully not true , cause that's fucking awful. Unacceptable in the state that Wii U's in.

I can't imagine Smash coming out this year though. Unless the rumors about Mario and Mario Kart being out this year aren't true, it'll be rather crowded.

I just can't see Star Tropics myself. It would have to be total reboot to the point its only using the name as I don't feel much nostalgia (and even then nostalgia doesn't sell mega amount, look at Punch-Out).

No one is discussing the obvious, if the rumors turn out to be true then Nintendo's software drought will continue into next year....
They have a perfect plan for this. It involves delaying Pikmin again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom