• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Game Reveal

Andrew Macmillan

Neo Member
EWzAxgOWoAgmZ3O.jpg

ruvikx

Banned
2018 God of War story is about the mythology aspect of Norse Gods & how much they suck. It hates the Gods, deconstructs them & does everything it can to portray them as villains. This is where Assassin's Creed Valhalla could be very different, "if" the game creators show some guts in their writing.

I have zero expectation regarding the narrative though after Assassin's Creed Odyssey's mockery of ancient Greece & Ubisoft's usual standard. What I do expect is a moderately fun Viking themed open world collectathon with loads of upgrades, weapons & a checklist of fetch missions to complete & items to retrieve. Assassin's Creed Origins somehow did all of that in a fun way, so there's still hope Valhalla could be equally as enjoyable. I bet it'll also look good as well.

Compsiox

Banned
I really wish Assassins Creed stopped the ongoing storyline before Origins. It really makes it difficult for me to want to get into the newer games.

DS_Joost

I really wish Assassins Creed stopped the ongoing storyline before Origins. It really makes it difficult for me to want to get into the newer games.

It shouldn't hold you back. The role of the modern day story is so marginal that it won't bother you. At least not with Odyssey and Origins.

Which leads me again to the logical conclusion that they should just remove it altogether.

Last edited:

DS_Joost

I have zero expectation regarding the narrative though after Assassin's Creed Odyssey's mockery of ancient Greece & Ubisoft's usual standard. What I do expect is a moderately fun Viking themed open world collectathon with loads of upgrades, weapons & a checklist of fetch missions to complete & items to retrieve. Assassin's Creed Origins somehow did all of that in a fun way, so there's still hope Valhalla could be equally as enjoyable. I bet it'll also look good as well.

This is what I am talking about. It will be exactly this. If you expect this, it'll be a fun game. Odyssey took me completely by surprise because it was... A super fun game. Which I have never said of AC before.

Top Bottom