• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub video shows day/night transition

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Message on their facebook page:
:)
It got... Better? Does that mean they removed the updating ticks? I noticed in the video the lighting at lest at its accelerated rate, was working on an extremely small but still noticeable, 1-2 second update clock. But man, if they just made everything better? Give us 30 and 60 FPS options xD. I'd always pick 30.

Afrikan

whoa...how could the lighting get better?

gameplay is probably looking closer to the original trailers...if not better.

car2biutm.gif

BB1_zps5e8929ea.gif

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Alright guys! The other thread is far too crowded to make this comment. Now that the band aid has been ripped off, and the tears have been shed, it is time to look ahead. Following are the things I request Evo to do to sustain interest and make this delay a blessing in disguise:

1) Release the video that you promised ages ago. The game is delayed, not cancelled. Hope the same goes for the video.

2) Figure out if you can get weather effects in by launch and announce it within the next month. It would go a long way in hyping people up for 2014.

3) If you are any closer to reaching 60 fps, confirm it as achievable by launch. This is a nice-to-have, in my opinion, but it would be very nice indeed!

4) Start a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly blog on game features. Need a regular drip feed of info. GG has been very successful at doing this.

Yes, this would be a good way of promoting the game before it comes out next year. I would also add screenshots of tracks we haven't seen yet. I don't personally want to see every single track before launch but a screenshot or two would be welcome.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Come on Rushy, don't leave us now. People who have been following this game and want to play it still have the desire to do so.

Can Evolution say what they will be working on with the extra time outside of more content or extra polish?

Best of luck but don't stop posting or be timid just because you had to delay it. There's no shame despite the overreactions and hyperbole that happens on GAF as you can see by that bloated thread of concern trolls and drive by trolls among the few who are genuinely disappointed but still anticipating your game.

I see he also had a bundle of joy. Congrats on that :)

Alright guys! The other thread is far too crowded to make this comment. Now that the band aid has been ripped off, and the tears have been shed, it is time to look ahead. Following are the things I request Evo to do to sustain interest and make this delay a blessing in disguise:

1) Release the video that you promised ages ago. The game is delayed, not cancelled. Hope the same goes for the video.

2) Figure out if you can get weather effects in by launch and announce it within the next month. It would go a long way in hyping people up for 2014.

3) If you are any closer to reaching 60 fps, confirm it as achievable by launch. This is a nice-to-have, in my opinion, but it would be very nice indeed!

4) Start a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly blog on game features. Need a regular drip feed of info. GG has been very successful at doing this.
Completely agree leats move on... Hope to see more update like what you guys where currently doing.... They Hype Train is still on!

And I wish for you to reach your overall vision for the game.... take your time and make a awesome game

I like to think that, now this game is delayed to next year, it'll end up looking a whole lot better and more presentable come release. Some substantial variety in environments would be nice for a start.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I like to think that, now this game is delayed to next year, it'll end up looking a whole lot better and more presentable come release. Some substantial variety in environments would be nice for a start.

The thing is they haven't shown a lot of their environments. Not in full game play form playable. Not that they would want to show everything and not leave something to surprise.

KOHIPEET

Blogging about features is indeed a really good idea.

The hype train is still at full speed, it just takes a detour to pick up a few weather effects.

Come on Rushy, don't leave us now. People who have been following this game and want to play it still have the desire to do so.

Can Evolution say what they will be working on with the extra time outside of more content or extra polish?

Best of luck but don't stop posting or be timid just because you had to delay it. There's no shame despite the overreactions and hyperbole that happens on GAF as you can see by that bloated thread of concern trolls and drive by trolls among the few who are genuinely disappointed but still anticipating your game.

I see he also had a bundle of joy. Congrats on that :)

His wife just had a baby.

I think the last thing on his mind is posting on neogaf. Respect that.

They better do something for the post processing in this game. It is rather lackluster from what I've seen. Looks much nicer in forza, along with much better paint shaders and softer shadows.

The dynamic lighting is great of course, as well as the geometry of both car and environment.

velociraptor

They better do something for the post processing in this game. It is rather lackluster from what I've seen. Looks much nicer in forza, along with much better paint shaders and softer shadows.

The dynamic lighting is great of course, as well as the geometry of both car and environment.

The post processing in the DC trailers looks spectacular. It adds another depth to the visuals and I hope the final game incorporates them.

Loudninja

People had said they delayed the game because this didn't want to cut anything doubt they would add stuff.

Unless weather was one of those things they didn't want to cut for launch!

thuway

I honestly think this game will be delayed an entire year and go full on dark. They have the full hardware, things will get delicious :).

viveks86

People had said they delayed the game because this didn't want to cut anything doubt they would add stuff.

Unless weather was one of those things they didn't want to cut for launch!

True. But the delay seems to have been a sudden decision. If they knew they were months away from completion, they would have announced it earlier so that they can cope with the logistics and PR. It implies that they were only days or, at the max, weeks away from getting it done as per the original plan, but couldn't make the cut off date for going gold. Now they have a 3-5 month breathing space, which should definitely allow them to throw in some bonus features/content/visual upgrades that they were planning to release down the line as DLC.

I honestly think this game will be delayed an entire year and go full on dark. They have the full hardware, things will get delicious :).
I've been playing catch-up with my PS3 backlog lately, and putting in some quality time with Motorstorm Apocalypse, which never ceases to drop my jaw. Every damn time.

I say give Evo whatever the hell they want. :)

And hell, put Apocalypse (or just its multiplayer) on the instant game collection and maybe we can send this generation off with a bang in multiplayer deathraces.

I've been playing catch-up with my PS3 backlog lately, and putting in some quality time with Motorstorm Apocalypse, which never ceases to drop my jaw. Every damn time.

I say give Evo whatever the hell they want. :)

And hell, put Apocalypse (or just its multiplayer) on the instant game collection and maybe we can send this generation off with a bang in multiplayer deathraces.
I lost count the amount of times I thought 'wow' playing that game.

Alas, it has already been in the IGC in EU so won't re-appear. I don't know if the US has ever had it, though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Launching next winter against the first real next gen games sounds like a terrible idea, friend.

vpance

True. But the delay seems to have been a sudden decision. If they knew they were months away from completion, they would have announced it earlier so that they can cope with the logistics and PR. It implies that they were only days or, at the max, weeks away from getting it done as per the original plan, but couldn't make the cut off date for going gold. Now they have a 3-5 month breathing space, which should definitely allow them to throw in some bonus features/content/visual upgrades that they were planning to release down the line as DLC.

I wonder if they saw low preorder numbers and said to themselves, fuck it, let's spend a few more months to bump up the quality and make a bigger splash later in some early 2014 lull.

neemmss

But then it'd clash with Gt7:prologue

(Well, we can dream)

I am willing to bet that they will never do something like that again. I am sure that they released the GT5:p only because Sony needed something (or anything) on the PS3 to help push sales forward.

I am hyped for DC. Arcade racers are my favorite. Real simulation ones are not as fun sometimes.

I wonder if they saw low preorder numbers and said to themselves, fuck it, let's spend a few more months to bump up the quality and make a bigger splash later in some early 2014 lull.

I feel this way as well. Probably going to try and make it F2P somehow. If it is not the first version of DC, the next version will surely be.

My guess is that (with Infamous launching late Feb) DC launches late January or March.

January seems quite likely if the game just needed an extra few months polish.

Skeff

My guess is that (with Infamous launching late Feb) DC launches late January or March.

January seems quite likely if the game just needed an extra few months polish.

I agree with this, April at the latest IMO. Depends on Destiny and titanfall maybe and whatever else is coming out Q1.

Shaneus

Oh god, that still gives me goosebumps. One of the best driving game trailers I've ever experienced.

PS. I think I'm firmly in the camp where I'll actually be disappointed if it's 60fps. I'd rather they add as many graphical touches as possible and keep it at 30 rather than sacrifice *anything* to make it 60. PGR4 did arcade racing perfectly at 30, no reason this couldn't.

Socky

I'm confident Evo will produce the goods with DC, but I hope they don't go silent until January or similar. Doing so might show a large improvement in the game as opposed to incremental ones, but I don't think DC should be allowed to drop off the map until 2014.

Of course Sony will have their own plans but I hope they don't forget about those of us interested in Drive Club. It's one of the games on PS4 I'm most genuinely excited about playing.

It would be delayed summer 2014 at the absolute most because Sony can't afford to have their first party games competing against themselves in holiday season of 2014. They have the potential of having three or four major releases in holiday season of 2014 as it is now and that's without throwing Drive Club into the mix.

Socky

... And there's a difference between one planned delay and repeated or indefinite delays. Sony can I'll afford more TLG-style uncertainties with their titles.

p3tran

Banned
So the first trailer was like a target render or something?
I have written this once in the past, but people did not want to listen back then..
so here's a second time:

The guy who did the videos that had everybody with a boner, is Eamon Urtone.
He is the guy (or one of the guys) that did the very good PGR videos back then.

so, the way he did them videos for PGR, was this:

he took in-game footage, usually with the aid of a dev-free cam and placed the assets as he saw fit.
this footage, he then took to professional editing movie software (and/or h/w), namely the avid tools.
they where never RAW footage. they where raw footage enhanced with movie editing equipment. subtle, thats why effective, but just compare a video replay of pgr 4 to any of those videos he made and you will notice subtle differences in quality.

here's how he describes one of his pgr videos:
The attract mode video for PGR4. I captured all footage using the game’s replay tool and edited the sequence in Avid.
Location plates and the Bizarre Creations sting were produced in After Effects, and the sound design was made by the studio’s in house audio team.
and that was done more than SIX years ago.

now, if for the videos of driveclub he used less than what he used for pgr, i dont know. i would guess not though..

Top Bottom