• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fatal Frame game announced for Wii U

If Nintendo is publishing this game, then it would not make much sense to skip localization since the Wii U is starved for games. But then again, I do not expect Nintendo to do what I think makes sense.

kaioshade

Logic would dictate that NoA would have no choice but to bring the game over here to fill in empty slots, but after all this time, I'm not holding my breath.

But I'll cross my fingers!

The Fatal Frame 2 remake made it to Europe.

Forgot about that. thanks for the reminder. And its even sitting on my shelf.

Ridley327

I'm hoping they translate FFiV for the Wii out West first. Wii owners in North America got ahafted :(

Apparently, it's never happening because Tecmo doesn't want to put the money down to fix the numerous bugs the game shipped with, some of them rather game breaking. Nintendo straight up pulled it from shelves in Japan and never did another shipment.

Crayons

Banned
Definitely not coming to NOA, FFIV was only released in Japan and then the other FF game on Wii was only released in Europe and Japan.

Good thing FFIV was fan translated.

Koppai

i imported Fatal Frame 4 around the time that the translation patch came out. recently imported fatal frame 2 from europe :)

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
WiiU presents a lot of interesting appeal for horror games. Too bad Atari and Eden weren't around to take a swing at this:

aloneinthedark_infernu.jpg

In all seriousness, I imported this but have yet to get an extra Wii I can homebrew to play it with the English patch that the fans released.

Fatal_Frame_IV.jpg

I expect additional North America disappointment and heartache until proven wrong this time. Fool me once, shame on you...

DirtyLarry

I have never been a fan of online petitions, but I do believe this could be the first time I support one. So where is the petition to localize this game to show Tecmo Koei and Nintendo the game absolutely must get a localized North American release?

Or hell, what about KickStarter to pay for the damn localization? LOL

Something, anything to let them know it would be an absolute travesty if it was not localized.

prag16

Banned
Definitely not coming to NOA, FFIV was only released in Japan and then the other FF game on Wii was only released in Europe and Japan.

Good thing FFIV was fan translated.
While it'd definitely be best for people not to get their hopes up, "definitely" seems like a bit of a strong word at this juncture.

NoA, there are no games for the system.
You cannot ignore this this time.

NoA's already ignoring the retail compilation of NES Remix :( But yeah, I doubt they'll skip this game. Project Zero 4 had a lot of drama behind it, and 2's remake came out long after they'd completely given up supporting the Wii.

This is the same company that released Deception IV in 2014.

Haha oh god, I forgot about that already, and I was just playing it the other day!

dreamfall

Be still my beating HEART!

If it comes of North America, I may die of happiness.

It's really time to get a Wii U for me- MK8, Bayo2 and now this?

I can't handle all this goodness!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hey look it's a core-oriented original Wii U exclusive that is sure to make great use of the hardware, in a franchise / genre that core Wii U owners want to buy.

Yep, NOA is going to print 3 copies and send them to 2 Gamestops.

Both in Alaska.

In 2019.

(And forget to put the carton on the truck when it heads up.)

Converse

Banned
Nice. This is one of those game concepts that fits so naturally with the Wii U's hardware that it almost seems too obvious to actually happen -- it's like the Wii U equivalent of the never-was lightsaber game everyone wanted on Wii. Nintendo of America, please do not cock this up.

NolbertoS

Never knew FFIV Wii had an english patch. Definitely will look into it. I'm not gwtting my hopes up that this Fatal Frame Wii U will make it out West.

mjontrix

Dammit have to buy a wiiU now...

Not going to be stupid though - will import the USA model since there's no way in hell it's getting a PAL release.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Two games in a row that didn't make it to NOA is a pattern, not a coincidence.

While true, the Wii really didn't need the games all that much imo. Sure there was a drought, but clearly Nintendo didn't care much for the Wii at that point. Now, a game like this, especially if translated, should be much easier to release in the eShop at the very least. For one, the Wii U needs it, unlike the Wii which was easily on its way to 100m consoles. NoA for some reason released Spirit Camera on the 3DS for some reason.

Not going to be stupid though - will import the USA model since there's no way in hell it's getting a PAL release.

Um, the last Fatal Frame game only got a PAL (EU & JP) release if I recall correctly.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

I wouldn't be so sure. Project Zero 2 Wii got an EU release but never hit America.

...I'd say it has more chance of a PAL release than a NA release if the Wii release of FF2 is any indication.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, does anyone look at this like Sonic Boom? A franchise that's trying to gain more popularity via a cross-media campaign despite being solely game focused before? If the movie, comic or novel gets popular, I could see that helping the game. In all honesty, is any Tecmo-Koei franchise doing well these days? It might be why they're willing to partner up with Nintendo as much as they have.

khaaan

This ain't really in the same vein as Bayonetta 2 in any way though...

It's a game that wasn't going to sell so hot to begin with on a console that is going to make it sell even less and will probably be met with "It should be on a different console" every time it's mentioned. Just like Bayonetta 2!

Half-kidding :p

Top Bottom