• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artwork_del_Nd-03_BlueShark_en_Steel_Diver.jpg

F2P details

Believe
I don't know about you guys, but I'm honestly excited for it. And it's due out at some point before or during March 2014, so this might be a really likely candidate to be in the direct!

Also, the submarines are numbered ND-01, ND-03, and ND-05. Nintendo Direct appearance confirmed!

Calamari41

41 > 38
I really feel like this needs to be an all-time epic Direct for the fans. The people who actually watch these are fully aware of the recent sales numbers, and I would imagine that a vast majority of them are legitimately questioning whether or not Nintendo is going to pull the plug early on their investment. Some big game announcements would do a lot to quell people's fears that they have bought into a system that will end up having two years worth of games and nothing more.

Nintendo needs to stop thinking that they need to announce games six months before they release. Sony and Microsoft are not going to steal any ideas from F-Zero. They aren't going to steal any ideas from Star Fox. They aren't going to steal any of Nintendo's ideas for Wii U games, because the Wii U is a nonentity to them. I obviously know it isn't going to happen, but the announcement of a slew of fan favorite legacy games would go a very long way towards keeping the base happy.

This isn't the time for hype train .gif silliness. This is the time to seriously salvage faith in their failing console.

NeonZ

The biggest thing that could come out of this would be Smash Bros confirmed for Spring. But, either way, I hope they give at least a brief overview of the game's overall package/modes, rather than just the fighting engine like they've done so far.

What would excite me the most though, likely would be a Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem trailer, but at this point there seems to be no reason to believe that it's a spring game...

I don't know why.... But for the first time i have a feeling. That this time they are going to drop the bomb. A new game and a big firmware update, right after the Nintendo Direct.

Zelda U
Metroid Dread
Star Fox: Ace Renegade
80+ character roster for Smash Bros.
Rainbow cup in Mario Kart 8 featuring every previous Rainbow Road course
Sensual Cranky Kong blow-up doll with every purchase of Tropical Freeze
Super Mario Galaxy 3-DS
Grand Theft Auto VI
SNES and GBA games to 3DS eShop

Iwata: please understand... your wallets aren't safe with us! (laughs)

CHOO CHOOOOOOOO!

upandaway

Hoping for Mark Kart 8, SMTIV and Layton vs PW. Some new announcements will be nice but I doubt we'll get much.

Oh snap, MH4. MH4! Please include MH4. Spring, you say? MH4 in spring? MH3U came in spring, right? Perfect. This is perfect.

After VGX I'm setting my expectations to the very bottom.

I'm expecting more fucking Donkey Kong, and more fucking Cranky Kong. We'll get the expected release date for Mario Kart 8 which will probably be March or April. Release date for Mario Golf. Maybe more information on Bayonetta 2. I'm not really expecting anything on Smash, as I honestly don't see it being a Sping title, even if it was finished Nintendo would just delay it because they'd want to space out the number of big titles so we don't experience a few months drought with no games.

rjinaz

Nintendo Direct... ly to the darkly lit back corner clearance aisle of your local retailer electronic section.

Ha! Ouch.

Not expecting much as usual with this direct. I expect to be underwhelmed. That's the way to approach these because 4/5 times this is correct. Surprise me Nintendo and prove me wrong.

qko

I really feel like this needs to be an all-time epic Direct for the fans. The people who actually watch these are fully aware of the recent sales numbers, and I would imagine that a vast majority of them are legitimately questioning whether or not Nintendo is going to pull the plug early on their investment. Some big game announcements would do a lot to quell people's fears that they have bought into a system that will end up having two years worth of games and nothing more.

Nintendo needs to stop thinking that they need to announce games six months before they release. Sony and Microsoft are not going to steal any ideas from F-Zero. They aren't going to steal any ideas from Star Fox. They aren't going to steal any of Nintendo's ideas for Wii U games, because the Wii U is a nonentity to them. I obviously know it isn't going to happen, but the announcement of a slew of fan favorite legacy games would go a very long way towards keeping the base happy.

This isn't the time for hype train .gif silliness. This is the time to seriously salvage faith in their failing console.

Prepare to be disappointed. Only games from now til Spring, so that means lots of DK, MK and Kirby in this direct, and the other half will be about stuff like the 3DS update and SM3DW and ALBW. Merry Christmas.

Expect like only one surprise which will be something like GBA and N64 on WiiU VC in February. Something we already knew.

Heyt

Banned
For WiiU:

Donkey Kong trailer, Cranky re-reveal.
Wii Sports Club, a couple of sports.
Mario Kart 8 trailer.
Use indie reel to act like there is anything coming to the WiiU in the first 6 months besides the mentioned earlier.

For 3DS: (from EU perspective)

Kirby
Yoshi
That football game shitaba showed.
Reminder that ace attorney vs layton is still comming sometime this year. Act like you are developing/localizing more games to hide the fact that your times shifted you teams into WiiU software some time ago and you don't have nothin really prepared for the second half of the year expcept a couple games and 3DS will be facing a severe drought this year with spaced releases during the earlier months as well.

JoeM86

Come on guys, I realise the scepticism, but the worldwide Nintendo Directs have always revealed something. It's not like the NA and EU only ones last month.

Trago

How about we all keep our expectations in check?

That being said, Wii U release dates are pretty much a given, but I hope Iwata touches on those GBA VC titles we were promised. It's almost been a years since he talked about them.

Also, I hope he talks about another firmware update that will tie downloaded titles to our account, as well as VC cross buy with 3DS and Wii U.

In terms of megatons? It's either a new game announcement, or a crazy new trailer of a highly anticipated Wii U game.

Here's to the new Nintendo Direct.

Zelda U
Metroid Dread
Star Fox: Ace Renegade
80+ character roster for Smash Bros.
Rainbow cup in Mario Kart 8 featuring every previous Rainbow Road course
Sensual Cranky Kong blow-up doll with every purchase of Tropical Freeze
Super Mario Galaxy 3-DS
Grand Theft Auto VI
SNES and GBA games to 3DS eShop

Iwata: please understand... your wallets aren't safe with us! (laughs)

CHOO CHOOOOOOOO!

Don't forget F-Zero U and EarthBound U.

Mario Kart please! And maybe some Bayonetta :p

After VGX I'm setting my expectations to the very bottom.

I'm expecting more fucking Donkey Kong, and more fucking Cranky Kong. We'll get the expected release date for Mario Kart 8 which will probably be March or April. Release date for Mario Golf. Maybe more information on Bayonetta 2. I'm not really expecting anything on Smash, as I honestly don't see it being a Sping title, even if it was finished Nintendo would just delay it because they'd want to space out the number of big titles so we don't experience a few months drought with no games.

They weren't going to show much at VGX anyway. Saving all their love for U......

I wonder if Iwata will be visibly broken by the Wii U sales numbers that just came out.

Seriously though, it'll be nice to see how Mario Kart is coming along, and maybe we'll get a surprise or two as well. More excited for this one than I was the last one.

Kerub

Banned
Predictions

• News on GBA Virtual Console on Wii U
  • Notice about Miiverse on 3DS
  • Short talk about the different ways to buy Wii Fit U
  • Pikmin 3 DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 trailer as end surprise

Riki

I wonder if Iwata will be visibly broken by the Wii U sales numbers that just came out.

Seriously though, it'll be nice to see how Mario Kart is coming along, and maybe we'll get a surprise or two as well. More excited for this one than I was the last one.
Iwata will be happier and crazier than ever. Thinking otherwise is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom