• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just in time for the holidays. Will watch with great anticipation.

On a related matter: Does anyone know what has happened to the guest login at http://press.nintendo.com/? I spoke to a member of the Nintendo team at Golin Harris about this, but she didn't provide an answer to my question. Is the guest login gone, have they changed the credentials? I know it's been unavailable for months now under the old username/password, but still. Would be nice to have access to it during Nintendo Direct broadcasts (and I'm based in Europe, so NoA won't give me a full account).

Sushigod7

Well this brightened up my birthday. Still keeping my expectations in check though :(

64a6f86e-ad4a-4b78-91ac-19db36a150d5.gif

Please Understand

Nintendo always gives the best Christmas presents ever! Can't wide! Worlduwide directu!!!!!! Surprise Star Fox ending? Eternal Darkness? The full reveal of Metroid after Reggie's hint at the award show? So many possibilitiiiessss!!!!! I <3 Nintendo Directs!

Son Of D

Only new game I see getting announced is a MH4 HD remaster on Wii U to coincide with MH4's overseas release.

As for Smash Bros, I can only really see it being mentioned after talking about another game that's getting mentioned. Like "And one last piece of Donkey Kong news." *Diddy Kong or Cranky Kong reveal*

DKC
MK8 for a stupidly lengthy amount of time(yes we get it its a lot like the other MKs but now you're on the walls, how innovative)
maaaaybe Bayonetta 2
Kirby
VC games
Pls Understand 2: Understand Harder

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Huh, so Q1/Q2 2014 titles. In rough descending order of priority/likelihood based on what's been announced.

Wii U:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Yarn Yoshi
Bayonetta 2
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
X
Super Smash Bros. 4

3DS:
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Party: Island Tour (EU/AU/JP)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Super Smash Bros. 4

On the plus side, if that Bayonetta Wii U port rumour I caught wind of months ago is true, where it would be released in Japan alongside the anime movie/DVD, we should hear about it tomorrow.

Nakho

Please give me reasons to buy the Wii U, Nintendo. I really want to, but the way it is going right now and not being a fan of platformers, there is nothing to look forward to that has a release date.

Just spill out these:

- X official name and release date
- Bayonetta release date
- SMTxFE trailer
- Zelda announcement
- Metroid something for the 3DS (unrelated but nice, 3DS 2014 release calendar looks a little empty for me right now as well)

.la1n

attackonreggie

Okay this image is just pure gold.

I try to keep expectations tempered for these things so I am expecting some new footage of Mario Kart. Bonus points if they show some new stuff from Bayonetta 2 or X but not going to get my hopes up given those titles projected release windows.

Nintendo announces that 2014 is "Year of the Cranky".

-Cranky DLC.for new DKC game
-New game on Nintendo eShop: "Cranky Crush". It's a puzzle game like Bejeweled.
-Followup to DKC: Tropical Freeze announced. It's called "Donkey Kong Country: Cranky's Kong Quest". It's being worked on by Retro Studios. They cancelled the next Metroid game because they knew how much fans want more Cranky.

You forgot to mention that Cranky's Kong Quest is a remake of DKC2, but with Dixie replaced by Cranky.

And the twist is
K. Rool replaced by Donkey Kong, getting revenge for all those damn times Cranky told him to be in a real game.

18-Volt

Spring? Ok. Kirby Triple Deluxe for March, Mario Golf for April, Mario Kart 8 for May. More? No way, Nintendo want their games to "breathe".

Yoshi's New Island and Yarn Yoshi for Summer, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Mario Party U, Fossil Fighters 3D for fall and X, Fire Emblem x SMT for 2015.

Daigasso 3DS? Nope, you didn't buy the first one on DS and no sequel for you!

L~A

From the maintenance thread :

Extended maintenance (special maintenance, often happens before system updates if for the Wii U / 3DS)

- Wii Sports Club (Wii U) : online play, leaderboards on Wednesday, Dec. 18

a) Europe : 3.15PM to 4PM
b) UK : 2.15PM to 3PM
c) USA (East Coast) : 9.15AM to 10AM
d) USA (West Coast) : 6.15AM to 7AM
e) Japan : 11.15PM to 12AM (Wednesday > Thursday)

Click here for the time in your timezone!

I think it's safe to assume Wii Sports Club will get update + Golf tomorrow afternoon, right after the broadcast.

Here's my prediction :

- Cranky Kong playable in Mario Kart 8
- Cranky Kong playable in Smash Bros.
- character in X trailers was just a temporary one. Cranky Kong is actually the main character.
- Animal Crossing : Cranky Kong's Cabana trailer reveal
- Cranky Kong transforms into a beautiful lady in Bayonetta 2
- Steel Diver Subwars, with a Cranky Kong shaped submarine
- Pokémon Y revealed, with Cranky Kong as 3rd main legendary
- Cranky Kong race in Wave Race
- Yakuza spin-off in the jungle, with Cranky Kong as the big bad mafia boss
- GTA V - Cranky Kong Edition
- The Last of Kong

He is right (for the wrong reasons). They would come out on Wii U and bomb like never before. Then those IP's would never see the light of day outside of Smash again. Let's hope we can get some sweet GC era action on whatever they release AFTER Wii U. The world needs more waterski racers, snowboarding games, space adventures and futuristic racers.

I was super salty about the lack of F-Zero until a few months ago too, but patience would work out better in the long run.

Last chance for a MonHun 4 announcement for early 2014, the one-year anniversary of Ultimate. If there's nothing tomorrow, then...

Other things I want but won't get: Fantasy Life and Dragon Quest 7.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
On the plus side, if that Bayonetta Wii U port rumour I caught wind of months ago is true, where it would be released in Japan alongside the anime movie/DVD, we should hear about it tomorrow.

was that the secret game you were talking about?

you told me in a PM it was going to be Halo 5...
I thought I was special :(

DKC
MK8 for a stupidly lengthy amount of time(yes we get it its a lot like the other MKs but now you're on the walls, how innovative)
maaaaybe Bayonetta 2
Kirby
VC games
Pls Understand 2: Understand Harder

Most realistic. I'm sorry, but those begging for obscure Japanese RPGs are in for a disappointment. Or rather, those of us who want Nintendo to return to their former glory would be disappointed if they announced them.

Here's my prediction :

- Cranky Kong playable in Mario Kart 8
- Cranky Kong playable in Smash Bros.
- character in X trailers was just a temporary one. Cranky Kong is actually the main character.
- Animal Crossing : Cranky Kong's Cabana trailer reveal
- Cranky Kong transforms into a beautiful lady in Bayonetta 2
- Steel Diver Subwars, with a Cranky Kong shaped submarine
- Pokémon Y revealed, with Cranky Kong as 3rd main legendary
- Cranky Kong race in Wave Race
- Yakuza spin-off in the jungle, with Cranky Kong as the big bad mafia boss
- GTA V - Cranky Kong Edition
- The Last of Kong

Day 1 for all of those.

(I wish I was kidding)

hupla

Guess we will get a non JP Kirby release date which is rad, been waiting for that.

Hopefully we hear about a Bayo 2 release and i expect to hear about one of the 2 yoshi games.

Other than that maybe some kart talk but who knows

qko

why the hell would iwata drop the mic, everything about that prediction is so mediocre. more like show iwata the door out of the Nintendo building after that direct.

Thatsthejoke.jpg

When was the last "great Nintendo Direct"? This ain't going to be one of them.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
&#8251;&#32057;&#20171;&#12373;&#12428;&#12427;&#12477;&#12501;&#12488;&#12395;&#12399;&#12289;&#24180;&#40802;&#21046;&#38480;&#12364;&#12354;&#12427;&#12418;&#12398;&#12364;&#21547;&#12414;&#12428;&#12427;&#22580;&#21512;&#12364;&#12354;&#12426;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290;
So, age restrictions (I assume T/PEGI 16/CERO C/D) then. First I come to think of is Bayonetta 2, but for spring? Doesn't have to mean Wii U games of course, could be for 3DS. Regardless, nice to know.

Bullza2o

It's too early for Christmas!!!
Whoa and I just finished Zelda ALBW, I'm ready for 2014!
I expected this first week of January, perhaps they rushed this?

The_Lump

Banned
WiiU

1) Mario Kart confirmed for "Q2 2014, more details soon"
2) In depth look at Kranky Kong, further confirmation of release date.
3) Indie montage
4) Bayonetta 2 confirmed for Q3 2014
4) "Details of future & unnanounced games at e3"

3DS

1) 20 mins of Miiverse/NNiD explanations
2) Year of Yoshi 2014 confirmed
3) A look at Yoshi's New Island
4) Kirby

OR

Mega super hype-fest blowout with Zelda, Metroid and Yarn Yoshi first looks, Destiny confirmed for WiiU, MK8 confirmed for March, SSB abd X dated for fall 2014, unified account system confirmed for Q1 2014, TVii launching January in EU, price drop and 4DS announcement.

Either/Or, really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom