• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsuneyo

I want new game announcements, so I expect to be disappointed.

Only good thing I think *could* happen is a Smash Bros spring release date announcement. But nah.

iwata.gif

Puru

I'll watch it but it'll probably be disappointing, also i bet still no smt4 news for european peasants like me :(

Nugg

I wonder if 2014 will have a theme like 2013 was the year of Luigi.

I know what's turning 30 in 2014

Year of
That Duck Hunt Dog

Somnid

3DS PAL:
Kirby
Calciobit
Ace Attorney VS Layton
Mario Party Island

3DS US:
Kirby
Layton 6
Bravely Default
Mario Golf

Wii U PAL/US:
DK
Wii Sport Club: Golf and Baseball
Mario Kart
Indie Games

Sounds about right. I think there might be some more platform-level stuff too maybe getting back to GBA/N64 VC with real timetables which is likely to be the only new talk. Also probably a Wii Fit U retail reminder.

StaSeb

Perfect! I have time at this date and will gleefully enjoy whatever Nintendo throws at me. I find their ultra-conservative way of presenting stuff so utterly entertaining. As an european I also have the added bonus listening to the amazing Satoru "Wonnafull Oneh-Wohn" Shibata.

Good times. Hopefully GAF will survive it. NDs are not half as fun without the meltdowns.

Jackano

New SmaBro character reveal if there is one will likely be Zelda related since ALBW release date is still on 12/26 in Japan.

JavyOO7

Hmm. If I'm allowed to dream, I would love for Luigi to have a stand alone 3D platformer. Even if he's already there in 3D World, a 3D platformer just starring him would be so awesome...

watershed

Banned
Woah, how did I miss this thread earlier? Seeing as how this will cover up until spring 2014, I think this ND will finally have some new announcements and surprises.

Gamerloid

Time for REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS!

Wii U:
Donkey Kong
Mario Kart
MAYBE Bayo2
and tons of eshop games

3DS:
Bravely Default

You're not supposed to be realistic in Nintendo Direct threads. That's the point of the hype train! Add Final Fantasy XV, Infamous Second Son, and Metal Gear on our list now!

Good list

Hopes:
  • New Metroid announcement because of Reggie at VGX
  • New X / Bayonetta / SMT x FE trailer because we haven't seen anything in a while about those, especially in SMT x FE's case
  • Tharja in SSB4 because I'm sure she'd happily murder beat the crap out of anyone for Robin (i.e. the player's) sake
Expectations:

--------

I'll be happy if even one of those things come true. From the hopes list, of course.

Pociask

I'm glad Nintendo realized people buying a console for Christmas 2013 may want to know games are coming out in 2014. Good thing they're going to hit the mass public with a huge advertising campaign... oh wait, it's a Nintendo Direct? Never mind.

qko

My predictions:

Wii U:
Pats on the back for SM3DW
Wii Sports Club: Golf
Packaged Version of Wii Fit U
DK:TF
Long presentation on Mario Kart 8 (This won't be a MEGATON, but it's going to be very cool, with in game footage and explaination of some course features, GAF will be impressed and declare MK8 a day one purchase, blah blah blah).
A couple of still of some Mario Kart 8 level in Smash Bros.
That one indie game reel will be played again.
Some meager 3rd party sizzle reel will be shown which includes Watch Dogs

3DS:
Pat on the back for LoZ:ALBW
"The Miiverse on 3DS, you like?" For half the direct, then mention and apologies over Flipnote Studio 3DS
bravely default
Kirby
Some important localization (we all think MH4 or DQ VII, it will be something like Puzzles vs Dragons Z)
Finally Mario Golf 3DS news, coming in late January

The dreamland megatons:
VC getting beefed up with GBA and N64 titles on Wii U, first games to appear after Christmas. Mario 64 to be first N64 game available on Christmas Day, will be .30 only on Christmas Day, so buy your kids a Wii U for the Nostagias
SMB3 available after the direct. First crossbuy game on NNID. Further implementation of Crossbuy to happen as time rolls on, Reggie will say something like "Y'all wanted your Kid Icarus miiverse community and got it within a week, so hold your horses, this shit takes time"

One more thing moment:
Trailer of X saying Spring 2014.
Iwata says "Happy Holidays MF'ers" and drops the mic.

Eric C

Nintendo just announced it on Twitter : a new Nintendo Direct will be broadcast tomorrow at 2PM (UK) / 3PM (GMT+1) / 6AM PST / 9AM (East Coast) / 11PM (JST). Will focus on upcoming Wii U and 3DS games up to Spring 2014. It will be a simultanous broadcast : Europe, Japan and North America will get their Nintendo Direct!

Times will be :

- Europe : 3PM
- UK : 2PM
- USA (West Coast) : 9AM
- USA (East Coast) : 6AM

- Japan : 11PM

East Coast and West Coast times are mixed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom