• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo Direct about to start:
Streamers - 30k+

Nintendo Directing starting:
Streamers - 50+

ND starts + it's Iwata in a Cranky Suit with a bunch of bananas behind him:
Streamers - 1

I'd watch it.

ffdgh

igBt90S9QEraS.gif

Yess more gameplay and info would please me greatly...and a hammerbro reveal.

L~A

Ok, just updated the OP with more links/info :

BbsYWe4CYAANL3m.png:large

Nintendo just announced it on Twitter : a new Nintendo Direct will be broadcast tomorrow at 2PM (UK) / 3PM (GMT+1) / 6AM PST / 9AM (East Coast) / 11PM (JST). Will focus on upcoming Wii U and 3DS games up to Spring 2014. It will be a simultanous broadcast : Europe, Japan and North America will get their Nintendo Direct!

Join us on 18/12 at 3pm CET for a #NintendoDirectEU focusing on #WiiU & Nintendo #3DS titles releasing by spring 2014

Times will be :

- Europe : 3PM
- UK : 2PM
- USA (East Coast) : 9AM
- USA (East Coast) : 6AM
- Japan : 11PM

Click here for the time in your timezone!

European broadcast (with double Satoru) : linkie linkie!
North American broadcast (with Satory Iwata, at least) : linkie linkie!
Japanese broadcast (with Satoru Iwata) : linkie linkie!

watershed

Banned
I'm glad Nintendo realized people buying a console for Christmas 2013 may want to know games are coming out in 2014. Good thing they're going to hit the mass public with a huge advertising campaign... oh wait, it's a Nintendo Direct? Never mind.

In terms of selling the Wii U to general audiences for the holiday season, you don't sell them based on what's going to be released in spring, you sell them what's going to be playable Christmas morning. The holiday line up (basically 3d World) is what Nintendo is pushing and it's what Nintendo should be pushing.

The only thing I need out of this Direct to be happy is a release date for Mario Kart before the end of April. Everything else is extra credit.

As regards Wii U I'm expecting some new footage and infos about MK8 and possibly Smash, keeping my expectations low otherwise, as they may hold off making new announcements until next ND in January/February 2014.

On the hother hand, they may announce something new for 3DS, hopefully something good.

Jethro

No VC Game announced for Europe this week. So there is hope that they will announce tomorrow the GBA/N64 VC is finally ready.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm glad Nintendo realized people buying a console for Christmas 2013 may want to know games are coming out in 2014. Good thing they're going to hit the mass public with a huge advertising campaign... oh wait, it's a Nintendo Direct? Never mind.

Is Microsoft advertising Titanfall already? How about Sony and Infamous?

casmith07

Sad day when people are clamoring for more info on something like Cranky Kong and nobody is clamoring for Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, or any of the other franchises that have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Lunar15

Goddamnit. *begrudgingly rolls on to hype train*

I guess we'll definitively know if Smash is coming in spring or not.

Dr. Buni

Majora's Mask 3DS announcement pls . Also Super Smash Bros release date pls (2014 Q2... pls)!
We all want these things, I assure you.
I don't. Well, a new Metroid game would be sweet, but new F-Zero and Star Fox games would be just a waste of Nintendo resources.

it's a little sad that the most exciting thing I think I can hope for is Wii Golf.

(srsly, was so mad when I pulled up Wii Sports Club and saw only Tennis and Bowling there)

My predictions:

Wii U:
Pats on the back for SM3DW
Wii Sports Club: Golf
Packaged Version of Wii Fit U
DK:TF
Long presentation on Mario Kart 8 (This won't be a MEGATON, but it's going to be very cool, with in game footage and explaination of some course features, GAF will be impressed and declare MK8 a day one purchase, blah blah blah).
A couple of still of some Mario Kart 8 level in Smash Bros.
That one indie game reel will be played again.
Some meager 3rd party sizzle reel will be shown which includes Watch Dogs

3DS:
Pat on the back for LoZ:ALBW
"The Miiverse on 3DS, you like?" For half the direct, then mention and apologies over Flipnote Studio 3DS
bravely default
Kirby
Some important localization (we all think MH4 or DQ VII, it will be something like Puzzles vs Dragons Z)
Finally Mario Golf 3DS news, coming in late January

The dreamland megatons:
VC getting beefed up with GBA and N64 titles on Wii U, first games to appear after Christmas. Mario 64 to be first N64 game available on Christmas Day, will be .30 only on Christmas Day, so buy your kids a Wii U for the Nostagias
SMB3 available after the direct. First crossbuy game on NNID. Further implementation of Crossbuy to happen as time rolls on, Reggie will say something like "Y'all wanted your Kid Icarus miiverse community and got it within a week, so hold your horses, this shit takes time"

One more thing moment:
Trailer of X saying Spring 2014.
Iwata says "Happy Holidays MF'ers" and drops the mic.

why the hell would iwata drop the mic, everything about that prediction is so mediocre. more like show iwata the door out of the Nintendo building after that direct.

Xord

can you tell the exact day of the next one?? PLEASE??
No the thing is that I was quite sure that they would do one in December and i is not very likely that there would be one on Christmas so that would mean that tomorrow is the day

Walter Matthau

Gold Member
I doubt there will be any huge announcements with the sales season ramping down, but I'm hoping they have a surprise VC title to show.

JoeM86

How is it different to the way other companies do it. They just release videos on youtube or push out press releases.

This is exactly the same, but with a live stream at the start for the hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom