• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

udivision

Oh yeah Mario Party 3DS needs to pushed again.
That and all the localizations... yeah, the 3DS probably does need its own direct. Well, more so for EU/NA and not as much for Japan.

Yeah, it's like I said earlier as well.
This Direct is a good way of showing to 3DS owners and potential future customers the already announced upcoming lineup of content and some brand new stuff at one place (...dare I say once for all?), including some major Holiday news like a potential price cut. All so they can start, outside of already announced content they keep on promoting, to focus a bigger amount of their attention to what's next, i.e. the NX.

It could be seen as one of those pre-E3 Directs that announce some stuff before the "main" dish at the E3 itself. It actually happened back in 2013 and 2015.

Couldn't say it better. Yeah, I also think that this direct acts like those pre-E3 Directs to clear some stuff before the NX reveal. A NX reveal in September is still totally possible.

Realistic expectations:

- New Sun/Moon clip, starter evos and Rockruff evos revealed. Some new concept is shown.
- Info on Disney 2 and YW2
- Dates for Ever Oasis (january) and DQ8 (february)
- Localization announcements for: Dragon Ball Fusion, One Piece Grand Battle, Digimon Appli Monsters, DQMJ3 and Yokai Busters. Maybe that Culdcept game.
- Brand new first party game is revealed. My money is on Kirby or Wario but a followup to Link Between Words is viable too (it really is)

Solid. Definitely expect for at least one surprising reveal. I think the possibility of a new Wario is much greater than that of a Kirby as we get Robobot few months ago.

Goodie goodie good. I'm hoping for more localization news like Monster Strike and PADX. Haven't heard much about DJ Max Encore, hoping that is in the works still and coming to NA.

Genio88

At this point, given for granted that they won't discuss NX, the only thing we can hope is that at least they'll say something like "we'll have more news to share before the end of this month about what come next"

Philippo

IgMyx.gif

Some Nobody

Yes, I did post a picture of Baby Mario as a metaphor for Nintendo-gaf and their rather... obsessive relationship with Nintendo. Because God forbid they have other products they need to push this year to their wider audience that know or doesn't give a shit about the NX.

Lol. Stop. I AM the wider audience. I went Sony at 10 years old in 1999 and outside of a brief period owning a Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X (AKA the best J-RPG released in years), I never looked back.

I literally ONLY give a shit about the NX from Nintendo. I want to see what their game plan is, what they'll do, what games they have planned, how they're going to make this work.

And what does Nintendo even DO that fucking matters right now that's not Pokemon? THERE is your other, wider audience. And this isn't a Pokemon-only direct.

What are the odds of Nintendo doing 2 directs in one month? I was told by the rumor mill on twitter and GAF that September was going to be the big reveal for NX...

Then why not buy a new console or upgrade your PC..? There are plenty of games out there that scratch that Nintendo itch. Colorful, fun, and inventive games like Grow Home capture the innovation and whimsy you expect from a Nintendo title.

It certainly didn't for me.

maxcriden

OK, the 3DS can have the first Direct from September. But then next will be, for sure, the reveal of Wii U lineup for the end of the year.

I think with Color Splash being dated for October theres probably not much else to reveal, but I'd be happy to be wrong on that. I believe the Trev leak indicated Zelda pre-delay was the only other retail Wii U game for this holiday season. Perhaps we will get an eShop game or two or maybe plans have changed and more game/s are coming.

Realistic expectations:

- New Sun/Moon clip, starter evos and Rockruff evos revealed. Some new concept is shown.
- Info on Disney 2 and YW2
- Dates for Ever Oasis (january) and DQ8 (february)
- Localization announcements for: Dragon Ball Fusion, One Piece Grand Battle, Digimon Appli Monsters, DQMJ3 and Yokai Busters. Maybe that Culdcept game.
- Brand new first party game is revealed. My money is on Kirby or Wario but a followup to Link Between Words is viable too (it really is)

Those are not realistic at all. The bolded games won't happen.

Especially not a follow up to LBW, they want to sell Breath of the Wild, releasing or announcing yet another mainline game mere months before that will be out would be balls to the walls stupid.

There's a lot of stuff they could talk about.

- Dragon Quest VII, SMT IV Apocalypse, Ace Attorney 6, Sonic Boom and Yokai Watch 2 coming in September, DMW 2 coming in October, Mario Party Star Rush coming in November
- Finalize release date for Dragon Quest VIII
- Info on Pokemon Sun & Moon, more info on Ever Oasis
- Unannounced localizations like Etrian Odyssey 5, Dragon Ball Fusions, Detective Pikachu, Monster Hunter Stories, Picross etc.

Since it's worldwide they may even have an unannounced game in there.

Plus it's a direct and we haven't seen one since March.
Ever Oasis. Like a mirage that is a game I completely forgot existed.

Alongside the New Leaf patch which will add Amiibo support they will announce:

Amiibo support for unlockable Mii skins in Pilotwings Resort
Amiibo support for unlockable Mii skins in Mario Kart 7
Amiibo support to refill your arrow in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D
Amiibo support to add Amiibo sticker moves in Sticker Star
You forgot Amiibo support for Streetpass Mii Plaza. I'll be envious of people wearing their Gold Mario Costume.

Please tell me how you've come to this conclusion?
There have never been two directs in one month and Nintendo have to announce new hardware in a direct.

Pokemon.... Ever Oasis...?

3DS is what they're going to make money on until NX launches next year, so this only makes sense for them.

3DS is still a very active system for them, despite being five and a half years old.

This is them needing to get all of their 3DS news, the system's last hurrah, out of the way in order to focus solely on NX in the future. 3DS and Pokemon are their big holiday push this year, with Wii U support having been cut off basically since March.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I am hoping they say something about NX in this Nintendo Direct broadcast. It could be a good opportunity to announce when they will reveal NX.

Regardless, I am excited for a new Nintendo Direct.

Dark_castle

I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of localization of DB Fusion. It's been a while since we have had a Dragon Ball RPG game, and I always like them.

Lol. Stop. I AM the wider audience. I went Sony at 10 years old in 1999 and outside of a brief period owning a Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X (AKA the best J-RPG released in years), I never looked back.

I literally ONLY give a shit about the NX from Nintendo. I want to see what their game plan is, what they'll do, what games they have planned, how they're going to make this work.

And what does Nintendo even DO that fucking matters right now that's not Pokemon? THERE is your other, wider audience. And this isn't a Pokemon-only direct.

You're not the wider audience then.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It's joke support compared to any healthy platform with the same number of years since release. Especially WiiU, but that arguably never was alive to begin with. Worst droughts I've ever seen for a console from a major publisher.

Wii U has been dead since Smash Bros launched 2 years ago and 3DS is in hospice with a Sun/Moon IV connected to it.

I can't believe that the 3DS can be compared to the Wii U.
This is a 3DS direct and we still have to/can receive plenty of valuable games.
3DS is on another planet in terms of games compared to the Wii U.
Keep your Wii U critics and NX will out of a 3DS thread, please.

3DS got many games since the Smash release. In the last few months we got Fire Embelm, YW, Kirby Robobot, MH Generations, Final Fantasy Explorer, Metroid Fed Force, Bravely Second, Stella glow, Mario & sonic, Etrian Odissey Untold 2, and so on...

3DS is gonna get Ace attorney 6, DQVII and Sonic Ice & Fire this september alone.
Than we should get Dragon 7th, SMTV Final, Pokemon Sun/Moon, Mario Party, Dragon ball fusion at least within the end of the year, with Ever Oasis, YW2 and DQ8 early next year. Possibly, we could also get Etrian Odissey 5, MH Stories, Digimon Universe, One Piece Colosseum, Harvest Moon, Monster Strike, Puzzle & Dragons, even RPG Maker or Culdcept Revolt, YW3, Inazuma Eleven Galaxy 3, Snack world, Megaton Musashi....

I mean...no GTA no party? LOL, c'mon.

Shiggy

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

And that's it? Not really what people would understand as "support".

Just like Nintendo. They forgot they localised this game and thus will only release it next year.

3DS is gonna get Ace attorney 6, DQVII and Sonic Ice & Fire this september alone.

No need to diminish your valid argument by bringing up shovelware.

bones123

a Nintendo Direct focused on upcoming Nintendo 3DS games. NX will not be discussed or revealed during this broadcast.

Well then what the FUCK are you gonna talk about?! There are very few notable games coming out for the handheld through the end of the year and the next;

• Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice
  • Dragon Quest VII
  • SMT IV Apocalypse
  • Yo-Kai Watch 2
  • Pokémon Sun and Moon
  • Mario Party: Star Rush?
  • Pet... Hospital?

Atheerios

Than we should get Dragon 7th, SMTV Final, Pokemon Sun/Moon, Dragon ball fusion at least within the end of the year, with Ever Oasis, YW2 and DQ8 early next year. Possibly, we could also get Etrian Odissey 5, MH Stories, Digimon Universe, One Piece Colosseum, Harvest Moon, Monster Strike, Puzzle & Dragons, even RPG Maker or Culdcept Revolt, YW3, Inazuma Eleven Galaxy 3, Snack world, Megaton Musashi....

I mean...no GTA no party? LOL, c'mon.

A lot of those games won't even get localized and/or will not be relevant to many people.

Its weird how people are so desperate for NX while so many people didn't buy a Wii U

The Wii U for many people was not a product they wanted or expected from Nintendo; and with NX being next in line, people are anxious to see whether that console will be a product that succeeds where (for them) the Wii U failed. There's nothing weird about people wanting to see if the next product in line meet their expectations or not.

Neoxon

They gotta' announce all those new 3DS games to make up for the NX's new Holiday 2017 launch.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point
I wouldn't be surprised either, but Nintendo going through most of 2017 with a dead console & a handheld on life support isn't gonna do them any favors. They're already taking enough of a beating this year. Not to mention that the investors would be absolutely livid. So while yes, a(nother) delay wouldn't surprise me, I'm still expecting Nintendo to make the March 2017 deadline for the reasons mentioned.

As for this Direct, I'm not expecting much beyond maybe some Sun/Moon news. The 3DS is at the twilight of its life, but at least it's going out with a bang.

It's joke support compared to any healthy platform with the same number of years since release. Especially WiiU, but that arguably never was alive to begin with. Worst droughts I've ever seen for a console from a major publisher.

Your hate boner for Nintendo would be so funny if it weren't so sad as well.

Astorgh

Rösti;215430616 said:
I am hoping they say something about NX in this Nintendo Direct broadcast. It could be a good opportunity to announce when they will reveal NX.

Regardless, I am excited for a new Nintendo Direct.

I hope the same thing.

Just at the end of the stream announce a date please.

random25

Wii U has been dead since Smash Bros launched 2 years ago and 3DS is in hospice with a Sun/Moon IV connected to it.

Let's stop being overly dramatic lol. Wii U enjoyed a bit of a surge for what it was with Splatoon and Mario Maker. And 3DS has been getting a bunch of new retail games when every fortune teller on GAF tells us it will be deader than dead in 2016.

You forgot Amiibo support for Streetpass Mii Plaza. I'll be envious of people wearing their Gold Mario Costume.

There have never been two directs in one month and Nintendo have to announce new hardware in a direct.

Ughh since when do they have to announce new hardware in a Nintendo Direct. Since you decided to use the past as evidence for there not being two directs in one month(anyways they would do a live conference reveal), then shouldn't you use the past to show me they always reveal brand new next gen hardware?

PsionBolt

Here's another terrible prediction I'll make.

Monster Hunter 5

X / Generations was successful, yeah? I can't imagine Capcom skipping the Pokemon Yellow Version for it, given the history of Monster Hunter releases. They can ride those expansions for a decent while -- I'd imagine MH5 will be an early NX title instead (and even then probably not right at launch).

I like how the only discussion on the NX from Nintendo is their repeated confirmations of not talking about it.

Terrible marketing lol ;)

Top Bottom