• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Man. Some of you guys are really impatient.

Maybe Nintendo is waiting for PS to announce there Neo? I mean it suppose to happen soon right?

It's better if they let them go first so they can have the spotlight later on.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
pls buy a 200 dollar system for Pokémon

Or I mean...a $80 system works fine as well.

Phoenix Wright - Spirit of Justice
Dragon Quest VII, VIII and XI (last one is unlikely)
SMTIV: Apocalypse
Yokai Watch 2
Sonic Boom
Mario Party
3D Picross 2
Ever Oasis
Indies (Gunvolt 2, Noitu, etc)

Possible localizations:
3D Sega Classics
Dragon Ball Fusions
Etrian Odyssey V
Monster Hunter Stories

Plus who knows what crazy shit Nintendo has up their sleeve for the holidays? It isn't unheard of them to randomly show off products that we've never heard of before.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm sure that they will give the NX event date on this direct if not... No NX in September.

...That's far from certain since the Direct is right on the first day of the month.

AdanVC

I'm sure that they will give the NX event date on this direct if not... No NX in September.

Yeah, all jokes aside, this COULD possibly happen on this Direct at least. The date for the NX reveal. But this is Nintendo and they don't give a damn about us so they will simply end up the Direct with another set of sketches to promote Yokai Watch 2.

And now that I think about it, giving the reveal date for NX on this Direct wouldn't be ideal because people will automatically talk only about that and will forget about all the actual 3DS announcements lmao.

Neoxon

Maybe they finally got Ice Climbers working on Smash 3DS and are releasing them for free as a thank you for playing Smash for 2 years.

:(

I miss Smash announcements in Directs
Any Smash announcements in the near future will most likely be for the NX port. As shown by the previous Smash Direct, they're done with the Wii U & 3DS versions.

A kiss goodbye to 3ds?
Pretty much

Opa-Pa

Man the 3DS is such a great platform, I hadn't owned a system with so many games that interested me since the PS2 and original DS. I'll gladly take more.

I thought it'd be just footage of already announced games but since it's international then I guess there has to be at least one surprise there.

My dream list would be Picross 3D 2, that One Piece fighter, Etrian Odyssey V, Sega 3D Classics 2 (1 in Japan), Monster Hunter Stories... And one way less realistic: Digimon World Re digitized.

Being realistic tho, it'll probably be Pokemon, some wasted time on Mario Party, some Ever Oasis, footage of confirmed localizations and one underwhelming new game.

Also my condolences to the european and japanese for having to endure Federation Force segments in yet another Direct.

I think like everyone else I was ultra excited when reading the title of the thread only to be followed by intense disappointment.... FOR 3DS T_T

I really thought this was the NX reveal...

Anyway, 3DS is still awesome!

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I'm gonna guess...
-Dragon Quest VII launch trailer/Dragon Quest VIII date
-Dragon Ball Fusions localization
-Monster Hunter Stories Localization
-Pokemon Sun/Moon Trailer
-Retail sizzle reel (SMTA, Star Rush, etc)
-Indie sizzle reel (Shakedown Hawaii, Azure Striker 2, etc)
-Price drop mention
-Ever Oasis Update

This is all I need. Monster Hunter Stories looks like my kind of game, and I've never been tempted by a regular Monster Hunter.

A Dragon Quest VIII date would be nice too, I've been waiting patiently. I'm guessing February or April until we can try out the old Sexy Beam on 3DS. March is obviously packed.

Qiu7w66.gif

b3b0p

So, Nintendo can't say anything unless it's NX?

Damn GAF, grow up. This is ridiculous. It's a Nintendo Direct. It's not like some massive ad campaign on TV, magazines, and online. It's in house to let their fans and customers know about what's happening. They don't have anything they want to share just yet about NX. Let it be.

You sure? 5 months doesn't leave Nintendo with a lot of time to advertise the NX. 6 months is already pushing it.

Six months isn't really pushing it and honestly, five months wouldn't be either. But if it's being revealed this year, it'll be by the end of October. They can't go through another earnings briefing without talking about it in detail.

ChaosXVI

For the record, even though I am super bummed about this not having anything to do with NX, I'm still extremely looking forward to it, because any Nintendo Direct is worth watching just for the sake of watching it.

I'm betting we get some sweet new amiibo announcements, like when the hell Cloud and Bayonetta are coming out.

weekev

Banned
Galaxy 3ds just announced so my money is on a Super Mario Galaxy 3D remaster out in time for the holidays being the big announcement.

fossi8

Probably the last Nintendo Direct for the 3DS and for a pure Nintendo handheld console.

Nintendo is going to change the game with the NX and I'm not sure if I want it.

RibMan

FFS. I got a YouTube notification from NintendoLife announcing a Nintendo Direct for Thursday and thought "You sneaky bastards, this is it!" Found out it was for 3DS and my heart sank...
m0m1bSV.gif

Come on, Nintendo, give us a surprise. Give us a date to look forward to.
To stay on topic, though, I am hoping to hear a lot more about Ever Oasis. I'm hoping they don't spend a lot of time on Pokemon Sun / Moon - we've already heard and learned SO much. There's no mystery left for that game. Let's focus on some new and exciting stuff please.

One of the best .gifs of all time. It's the perfect encapsulation of expectations vs reality.

I'm confident Nintendo knows what they're doing with the NX.

folks acting like 3DS isn't getting any new games between now and well into next year. good luck.

pretty hyped for this Direct.

Oh the 3DS will do fine this holiday season. Its the WiiU who's completely barren.

The NX announcement can't come soon enough!

Top Bottom