• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Well, I guess we know where Nintendo's global marketing budget disappeared to. Can't have been cheap to get 3DS in the next Nintendo Direct, or to make Miyamoto sacrifice his dignity like that.

Still, I can't help but think this was money wasted on Nintendo's part. Since Nintendo doesn't have any products to promote at this point. Four years is a long time, should the NX fail there might not even be a Nintendo left to boast by the time of the next Nintendo direct.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214507764&postcount=95

why are you linking to the original post yourself :p

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
A Metroid Prime: Federation Forces Direct.

The big announcement at the end of the Direct will be the NX reveal date! I'm putting all my chips in. I know they said no NX discussion, but they've lied plenty of times.

Perhaps it would not even be a lie. No NX discussion or NX reveal, but NX reveal discussion. That said, NOPE.

They got very precise with wording with time. This Direct is focused on upcoming 3DS games, which in Ninglish means they will spend most of time on it, but Wii U tidbit or two, changes to MyNintendo system, or perhaps opening a furniture store in Transnistria or something, are not out of question. NX on the other hand is explicitly excluded.

Tranquilo

Banned
FFS. I got a YouTube notification from NintendoLife announcing a Nintendo Direct for Thursday and thought "You sneaky bastards, this is it!" Found out it was for 3DS and my heart sank...
m0m1bSV.gif

Come on, Nintendo, give us a surprise. Give us a date to look forward to.
To stay on topic, though, I am hoping to hear a lot more about Ever Oasis. I'm hoping they don't spend a lot of time on Pokemon Sun / Moon - we've already heard and learned SO much. There's no mystery left for that game. Let's focus on some new and exciting stuff please.

I can't think of any 3DS software that I'm super excited about. Maybe the Layton or Phoenix Wright stuff, but that's about it.

If I were Nintendo, I would talk about the NX reveal at the end of this thing. Maybe even give it a date.

casiopao

Yokai-Watch 2, Dragon Quest indies and an official 3DS price-drop according to rumors. And 10 minutes of Reggie doing stuff for meme material, the highlight of the Direct.

Dragon Quest indies? Now u are speaking crap my friend.

There are still so many title i want here. Dragon Ball Fusion, Digimon Appli Monster, YW 3, YW Buster and Culdcept all still good title that can localized bruh.

WesFX

Neo Member
Well, I guess we know where Nintendo's global marketing budget disappeared to. Can't have been cheap to get 3DS in the next Nintendo Direct, or to make Miyamoto sacrifice his dignity like that.

Still, I can't help but think this was money wasted on Nintendo's part. Since Nintendo doesn't have any products to promote at this point. Four years is a long time, should the NX fail there might not even be a Nintendo left to boast by the time of the next Nintendo direct.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214507764&postcount=95

Do you think Mr. Shibata is Mr. Miyamoto?

Arttemis

Quite possibly the least interesting direct they could have done at the worst time if they're really not showing any NX material.

ohlawd

Phoenix Wright - Spirit of Justice
Dragon Quest VII, VIII and XI (last one is unlikely)
SMTIV: Apocalypse
Yokai Watch 2
Sonic Boom
Mario Party
3D Picross 2
Ever Oasis
Indies (Gunvolt 2, Noitu, etc)

Possible localizations:
3D Sega Classics
Dragon Ball Fusions
Etrian Odyssey V
Monster Hunter Stories
Don't forget Story of Seasons 2. need that

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/story-seasons-good-friends-three-villages-first-details-screenshots

Yeah they're gonna put out more localized games. I'm all for that. Announce LBX2 already!
you're a reasonable person. I like you

Frodo

Quite possibly the least interesting direct they could have done at the worst time if they're really not showing any NX material.

Because they should keep quiet about upcoming 3DS games until they reveal what the NX is. Or announce it after when no one is paying attention any more, of course.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
FFS. I got a YouTube notification from NintendoLife announcing a Nintendo Direct for Thursday and thought "You sneaky bastards, this is it!" Found out it was for 3DS and my heart sank...
m0m1bSV.gif

To stay on topic, though, I am hoping to hear a lot more about Ever Oasis. I'm hoping they don't spend a lot of time on Pokemon Sun / Moon - we've already heard and learned SO much. There's no mystery left for that game. Let's focus on some new and exciting stuff please.

The direct will end with, "Oh by the way, before we forget, here's the NX and it cures cancer. Please Understand."

They really won't show anything.

But it would be hilarious if someone would walk in, you can only see his back and the host of the show says to that guy to leave because it's not time for the reveal yet.

m0m1bSV.gif

It's crazy to me that we can't even get this. Not even an announcement of an announcement for us.

rekameohs

Banned
They've got to run the well completely dry before focusing in on NX, so it makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if in addition to 3DS games, they announce a second direct / press conference later in the month, and we could easily put 2 and 2 together.

JSevere

Glad Ninty is still giving the 3DS some love. 💗

Guess we'll see some Pokémon, Dragon Quest, Ace Attorney, Yokai Watch. Maybe a Monster Hunter Stories localization with the amiibo coming over. hell it might finally be time for them to bring the Cloud, Bayo, and Cotton Smash amiibo back from the dead

Nintendo never promised the sun, moon, stars, galaxy, all that shit on NX. So I'm sure you're just exaggerating lol.

On another note, all that shit is on the 3DS. Might as well you get that one lol.

Haha yeah it's not from ninty, it's the sun, moon, stars, galaxy etc community conjecture and "leaks" that's filling in the utter black hole of absentee official news 😁. Feels weirdly like much the same result in the end. Seems mentioned too early if this is the result of silence IMO, as just can't shake the feeling of an impending anticlimax the more this continues. *shrug*

I'm calling it right now. Since this is a worldwide direct there will be atleast one big announcement for the world. Usually it's a brand new game coming. The Wii U is dead so nothing is coming for it. And I don't see any new games for the 3DS going to come.

The big announcement at the end of the Direct will be the NX reveal date! I'm putting all my chips in. I know they said no NX discussion, but they've lied plenty of times.

An expectation like this is why NintendoGAF continues to live in a perpetual state of disappointment.

casiopao

Phoenix Wright - Spirit of Justice
Dragon Quest VII, VIII and XI (last one is unlikely)
SMTIV: Apocalypse
Yokai Watch 2
Sonic Boom
Mario Party
3D Picross 2
Ever Oasis
Indies (Gunvolt 2, Noitu, etc)

Possible localizations:
3D Sega Classics
Dragon Ball Fusions
Etrian Odyssey V
Monster Hunter Stories

I'm gonna guess...
-Dragon Quest VII launch trailer/Dragon Quest VIII date
-Dragon Ball Fusions localization
-Monster Hunter Stories Localization
-Pokemon Sun/Moon Trailer
-Retail sizzle reel (SMTA, Star Rush, etc)
-Indie sizzle reel (Shakedown Hawaii, Azure Striker 2, etc)
-Price drop mention
-Ever Oasis Update

Having this two already make this Direct one hell of a direct lol.

Add Digimon Universe, 3 other YW game(Busters,3 and Sangokushi) Great Ace Attorney, Story of Season 2, Harvest Moon Sky Village, and many other title. I am giggling here lol.

What on Earth makes you think this will happen? An old Iwata Asks for 3D Land said the project started with a Galaxy port which looked way too cramped on 3DS and was eventually canned.

Maybe it could be possible with a New 3DS-specific port, considering they were able to get Xenoblade Chronicles and Hyrule Warriors on there (granted, the latter was a general 3DS port rather than a specific New 3DS port, but given that it runs like compost on the OG 3DS it's a moot point). Though I doubt it would be worth the investment, given the New 3DS installbase comprises a small fraction of that of the overall 3DS installbase.

Kind off-topic / unrelated; but as unlikely as it may be, I'm kinda hoping for a surprise new 3D Mario sequel based off 3D Land, preferably one that's a lot more experimental. Sorta like a Zelda: Oot/MM situation.

AdanVC

Not even Nintendo cares about Wii U anymore. Sigh... At least we're just a month left for Paper Mario Color Splash. Even if the game ends up being a carbon copy of Sticker Star, I will purchase it because of it's graphics and top notch soundtrack.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I hope they do a final callout for Federation Force and show a short sizzle reel of fast action gameplay. Even showing off some of the best bits of the game to show how good it actually gets. The game really shines in its best moments. I'm just about to start the final mission and it is easily one of the best 3DS games I have played. And I'll keep playing it multiplayer to unlock more medals, character skins, and just have a damn fun time playing!

They should have done a Direct just for this game a week or two before release... really show it off in spades.

Why not, it's never too late... Yes please!
Also, I'd take a wiiU port as well.

Maybe it could be possible with a New 3DS-specific port, considering they were able to get Xenoblade Chronicles and Hyrule Warriors on there (granted, that was a general 3DS port, but given that it runs like compost on the OG 3DS it's a moot point). Though I doubt it would be worth the investment, given the New 3DS installbase comprises a small fraction of that of the overall 3DS installbase.

Given how it was supposed to "look too cramped" I heavily doubt New 3DS would help much with that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mario Party needs some focus here. That looked like a fantastic return to form at E3.

qko

They need to make sure they differentiate early that the New "Galaxy-style" N3DS will be different from the Nintendo Galaxy (in partnership with Samsung) which will be the name of the NX. Becuase you know, you don't want to confuse consumers like they did with the Wii/ Wii U debacle.

/s

AdanVC

Lmao the replies on the NoA's twitter are so hilarious, especially with that nx_bot wich replies every single tweet asking "politely" for NX news and it's getting more and more likes and retweets from people everyday. The thirst increases.

Top Bottom