• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Zubz

Banned
So, Pokèmon Sun & Moon, and... ???

If this was a general Direct (And presuming there was still a pre-emotive "No NX"), I'd at least see Color Splash, the AC/FE mobile games, and maybe a VC release of Mother 3. There also may have been a chance for non-game news

But what else is left for the 3DS? That last SEGA 3D Classic? Reminding people about Federation Force? Even if we do get anything for the system, it'll all be of the same level of quality of Nintendo's output for the past year: rushed, recycled, and/or probably bad. And if we get a lot of stuff, that almost certainly means the NX is getting delayed...

Still, I love the 3DS, so I'll be watching and hoping for the best! At this point, though, I have no idea what that could even be.

L Thammy

The Direct starts, showing nothing but a microphone on a stand in front of a screenscreen. Reggie walk in from offstage, adjusts his suit and grabs the microphone. In a whispered voice:

"Mother 3."

Reggie drops the mic. The screen starts playing clips from the game, and a dubstep remix of Pokey's theme comes in through the PA system. Reggie rips off his suit and starts twerking.

Neiteio

*opening shot is a terrifying close-up of Reggie's face*

"Hi there Nintendo fans."

*eyes glisten moistly*

"Earlier, we announced the Galaxy-style N3DS. You may be wondering if life could, in fact, get any better. Well today I'm happy to announce that yes... yes, it can."

"Forget everything you've heard about the NX. We already said we wouldn't be talking about it today. That's because we've canceled it. In fact, we've decided to make even more N3DS models. First there's Galaxy, a reminder of the fact it's not Super Mario Galaxy 3. And now there is this —"

*pulls out a N3DS with a lumpy brown exterior*

"This is the new, poo-themed, N3DS."

*camera starts tracing the contours of the device while Reggie sensually narrates*

"Unlike past models, this 3DS features a textured exterior. Run your fingers along the back and you'll feel those deep poo-like furrows. Clearly this device should've ate more fiber. Also, it's scratch and sniff. Now it smells like it looks! And what's that?" *camera zooms in on golden buttons* "Is that corn? Why yes, yes it is!"

I'm aboard the hype train primarily for Pokemon news, so it'll be hard to disappoint me

That being said if they're doing Mother 3 in the west now would be the time to do it. Come on Nintendo, pleeeeeeease.

Neiteio

Maybe this direct will be dedicated entirely to showcasing Sun/Moon's new dolphin Pokemon. Like a 1 minute trailer followed by 29 minutes of Masuda apologizing for the lack of dolphins in past entries.

Wanderer5

So, Pokèmon Sun & Moon, and... ???

If this was a general Direct (And presuming there was still a pre-emotive "No NX"), I'd at least see Color Splash, the AC/FE mobile games, and maybe a VC release of Mother 3. There also may have been a chance for non-game news

But what else is left for the 3DS? That last SEGA 3D Classic? Reminding people about Federation Force? Even if we do get anything for the system, it'll all be of the same level of quality of Nintendo's output for the past year: rushed, recycled, and/or probably bad. And if we get a lot of stuff, that almost certainly means the NX is getting delayed...

Still, I love the 3DS, so I'll be watching and hoping for the best! At this point, though, I have no idea what that could even be.

Ace Attorney 6
Dragon Quest VII and VIII
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
Yokai Watch 2
Mario Party: Star Rush
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
Ever Oasis
Lady Layton

There also the likes of Monster Hunter Stories and Dragon Quest XI that are JP only releases for now

Velcro Fly

I am both a 3DS fanboy and a greedy motherfucker but even I have to admit that the 3DS possibly getting new unannounced things for 2017 would be amazing

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Why people continue to say that apart from pokemon they cant even think about what contents there could still be to be discussed for 3ds?
Despite the non exaustive long list of already existing games to be localized or dated for the west we already posted so many times?
I have got it, people is looking forward for NX...
but this doesnt mean that the 3ds doesnt have plenty of games yet to be dated or localized. On the contrary.
It is not the wiiu.
Why continue porting those retoric questions when it would be enough to read one of the many posts with the list of games..?

maxcriden

Ace Attorney 6
Dragon Quest VII and VIII
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
Yokai Watch 2
Mario Party: Star Rush
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
Ever Oasis

There also the likes of Monster Hunter Stories, Dragon Quest XI, and Lady Layton that are JP only releases for now

FWIW, I think Level 5 confirmed Lady Layton for the West, just didn't specify the platform yet. Perhaps they will release it for NX here.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
FWIW, I think Level 5 confirmed Lady Layton for the West, just didn't specify the platform yet. Perhaps they will release it for NX here.

They officially confirmed it for the west. Dont know if it will be the mobile version but looking back at the success he brand had on ds and 3ds thanks to nintendo localization and distribution I would say that a nintendo version is likely

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I had totally forgotten about Ever Oasis. I'm guessing that'll be a Q1 3DS title and talked about on September 1st.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
The Direct starts, showing nothing but a microphone on a stand in front of a screenscreen. Reggie walk in from offstage, adjusts his suit and grabs the microphone. In a whispered voice:

"Mother 3."

Reggie drops the mic. The screen starts playing clips from the game, and a dubstep remix of Pokey's theme comes in through the PA system. Reggie rips off his suit and starts twerking.

I want this to happen.

First of all. PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

Now then, for things coming out to the 3DS into next year. Both Dragon Quest VII and VIII, Both Yokai Watches, Ever Oasis, Mario Party Star Rush, a few Nindies still in the works for 3DS (Also a good chance to announce an NA release of the Steamworld physical launch), Ace Attorney, Lady Layton. There's a lot they can cover.

Relaxt

Neo Member
*opening shot is a terrifying close-up of Reggie's face*

"Hi there Nintendo fans."

*eyes glisten moistly*

"Earlier, we announced the Galaxy-style N3DS. You may be wondering if life could, in fact, get any better. Well today I'm happy to announce that yes... yes, it can."

"Forget everything you've heard about the NX. We already said we wouldn't be talking about it today. That's because we've canceled it. In fact, we've decided to make even more N3DS models. First there's Galaxy, a reminder of the fact it's not Super Mario Galaxy 3. And now there is this —"

*pulls out a N3DS with a lumpy brown exterior*

"This is the new, poo-themed, N3DS."

*camera starts tracing the contours of the device while Reggie sensually narrates*

"Unlike past models, this 3DS features a textured exterior. Run your fingers along the back and you'll feel those deep poo-like furrows. Clearly this device should've ate more fiber. Also, it's scratch and sniff. Now it smells like it looks! And what's that?" *camera zooms in on golden buttons* "Is that corn? Why yes, yes it is!"

Reading this brought me tremendous joy!

Mory Dunz

I mean....that euro gamer leak seems pretty legit right?

So it's likely the reveal is in September.
So why is everyone freaking out?

Like dang, it's a few weeks (assuming leak is correct)

The thirst was real before e3, but now? Just occupy yourselves for a few weeks boys and G's :D

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I'm looking forward to the death of the 3DS...

Are you a Nintendo fan, wishing Nintendo's sole reasonably successfully platform this gen to crash and burn?

At this point the call is coming from inside the house! Someone somewhere along the chain of command is going to leak everything about NX at this rate. Never have I seen such platform thirst.

BY2K

Membero Americo

The thirst was real before e3, but now? Just occupy yourselves for a few weeks boys and G's :D

Plans can change.

udivision

People should only relax if/when the press get the invites.

Retrobox

I'm disappointed that we're a few months out of an NX release and they are doing the same dumb bullshit they did throughout the WiiU's life with apparently no sense of being in touch.

Considering they are releasing the NX in 2017 to have a good launch unlike the Wii U, I'd say they are very much in touch.

georly

That is seriously the most boring and uninteresting lineup for a Direct I have ever seen. Not a single thing in there interests me.

Outside of the unlocalized titles i'm inclined to agree. That said, no global direct has ever gone without at least one new game being announced.

Lady Layton has already been confirmed for localization next year so you could probably remove that one, at least in terms of such an announcement.

Good to know! Point of my list was to remind people that the 3DS still has a lot of games left, contrary to popular belief.

Cant imagine a price cut, when they just announced the $199 galaxy 3ds.

I mostly agree. Unless the video was damage control because the direct was supposed to happen already and got delayed but they already shipped the thing to stores /conspiracytheory.

maxcriden

Are you a Nintendo fan, wishing Nintendo's sole reasonably successfully platform this gen to crash and burn?

At this point the call is coming from inside the house! Someone somewhere along the chain of command is going to leak everything about NX at this rate. Never have I seen such platform thirst.

reggie-scream.gif

tr1p1ex

Super Mario Galaxy coming to a 3ds near you. Gotta be a surprise in there along with the already announced end of 2016 lineup of games. Not that I'm the least bit interested in SMG.

maxcriden

Super Mario Galaxy coming to a 3ds near you. Gotta be a surprise in there along with the already announced end of 2016 lineup of games. Not that I'm the least bit interested in SMG.

FWIW, if Trev's leak is unchanged, there are no further retail titles for first party this year for 3DS or Wii U. Maybe plans changed though.

--

Via GoNintendo.com, for those hoping we could get a reveal date for NX during the Direct, this seems to cast a shadow on that hope:
Nintendo announced today that it will run a Nintendo Direct livestream on September 1, focusing on upcoming releases for its aging 3DS handheld system. Nintendo specifically told GamesBeat in an e-mail that the NX, the codename for its next console (one that we don’t know much about), won’t be discussed during the presentation.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/08/30/n...mber-1-will-talk-3ds-but-dont-expect-nx-news/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Awesome handheld getting even more love and GAF being ungrateful.. We will get our NX soon, you need to chill a bit lol.

I dont know something just feels fishy.
A new galaxy 3ds xl out of nowhere
A 3ds direct announced a day before it shows.
Steady supply of rumer leaks.
Mario appearing in the olympics

Common nintendo. Sooner or later our hype turns into frustration and anger towards the nx.

Hale-XF11

I'm actually kinda surprised that Nintendo even has enough new info about 3DS to have a dedicated direct for it. Unless it's like 55 minutes of fluff and 5 minutes of trailers.

I dont know something just feels fishy.
A new galaxy 3ds xl out of nowhere
A 3ds direct announced a day before it shows.
Steady supply of rumer leaks.
Mario appearing in the olympics

Common nintendo. Sooner or later our hype turns into frustration and anger towards the nx.

Mario & Sonic in Space Olympics confirmed?

Neiteio

Maybe they'll anounce the date of the NX reveal at the end?
I still believe that Donald Trump is going to pull off his face, Scooby Doo-style, during the first presidential debate, and reveal himself to be Reggie, who will then announce the NX reveal date.

"My campaign of hatred was just meant to catch your attention for our hot new system!"

We could possibly get a hint at when an NX reveal is going to happen.

"Thank you very much"

*Direct ends*

Cut to black. Camera zooms out to reveal the black is the shadow on a man's back. The man turns. He holds a box in his hand. The camera pans up and we see the insane smile of Reggie Fils-Amie.

"We are ready to unveil the NX initiative."

25.11.16 flashes on screen.

Broadcast ends.

DMONKUMA

I'm still betting that eurogamer meant the announcement of the NX showcase or event will be in September most likely late in the month and the actually event will be somewhere in October or worst case scenario nothing until December.

Nice that 3DS users get a direct tho.

damn Nintendo keeps trolling us. how to gonna announce a direct. then wait and be like one and no nx news. my heart can't take much more.

Top Bottom