• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Common nintendo. Sooner or later our hype turns into frustration and anger towards the nx.

w32TkAJ.png

I'm still betting that eurogamer meant the announcement of the NX showcase or event will be in September most likely late in the month and the actually event will be somewhere in October or worst case scenario nothing until December.

Nice that 3DS users get a direct tho.

Has there even been a major product announced in December? With the Holiday madness I just don't see company's like Nintendo making any major announcements on future products because that could take away from their focus on the current holiday lineup.

If we don't hear anything by late November we won't hear anything till 2017 I'm pretty certain

Obviously the NX event will be weeks after Playstations's event

Its good Nintendo can get the lesser news out of the way before the NX unveiling and scalp everyone bald then

SlayTendo serving starters before ha main meal

KJLsNqt.gif

TDLink

Lots of things that could be in this Direct.

• Monster Hunter Stories coming West/Trailer
  • Pokemon Sun/Moon new info/trailer
  • Dragon Quest VII releasing reminder
  • Dragon Quest VIII stuff
  • SMT4-Apocalypse Releasing reminder
  • Yo-Kai Watch 2 releasing reminder
  • New Amiibo info
  • Ace Attorney 6 releasing reminder
  • Chase: Cold Case info
  • Ever Oasis New Info/trailer
  • Mario Party new info/trailer
  • Indie Stuff (Runbow, Azure Striker Gunvolt)

That's probably enough for a direct right there, although I am sure there will be a surprise or two in addition to that stuff. With a JP direct announced and most of that stuff already being released there I do have to wonder.

Dystify

Super Mario Galaxy coming to a 3ds near you. Gotta be a surprise in there along with the already announced end of 2016 lineup of games. Not that I'm the least bit interested in SMG.

You may not be serious, but I've seen this posted several times in this topic.

There's no way they will release a Mario galaxy game on the 3DS. It simply wouldn't be able to run that game unless they downgrade it, which I highly doubt. It would need to be visually appealing, play well and be 60 FPS. Even the camera in a 3D Mario on 3DS would be problematic.

If they were gonna create a Mario galaxy game for 3DS they would have had a bundle with a Mario galaxy branded 3DS, not some random galaxy style 3DS.

Zubz

Banned
Ace Attorney 6
Dragon Quest VII and VIII
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
Yokai Watch 2
Mario Party: Star Rush
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
Ever Oasis
Lady Layton

Eh. I forgot about Lady Layton, and I'll admit I'm personally discounting AA6 because I'd rather go into AA games blind, but aren't most of these already out in Japan anyway? Ever Oasis, Lady Layton, and Mario Party are the only games that aren't out somewhere, and even then, that reveal didn't do MP:SR any favors.

I want this to happen.

I really appreciated how EarthBound Zero got some fanfare for its launch during the NWT; I can see them quietly releasing Mother 3, but I definitely hope they do something special for it.

Awesome handheld getting even more love and GAF being ungrateful.. We will get our NX soon, you need to chill a bit lol.

Hey, I'm sure most of us posting here love the 3DS (I know I do!). It's just that, after such a sluggish year from Nintendo, people just want something substantive. I mean, between that leak and nearly every remaining game being either a localization for a pre-existing game or a cash grab (They recycled Spaghetti-O's art for Mario Party's box; there is no reason to believe much effort went into the game proper), I can't even fathom what else is there to get worked up about.

Frankly, I assumed the 3DS was going to be dead after Sun & Moon. A probably-great swansong for a definitely-great system. But for a Nintendo system, it's ancient, and we know its replacement's waiting behind the gate.

You may not be serious, but I've seen this posted several times in this topic.

There's no way they will release a Mario galaxy game on the 3DS. It simply wouldn't be able to run that game unless they downgrade it, which I highly doubt. It would need to be visually appealing, play well and be 60 FPS. Even the camera in a 3D Mario on 3DS would be problematic.

If they were gonna create a Mario galaxy game for 3DS they would have had a bundle with a Mario galaxy branded 3DS, not some random galaxy style 3DS.

Isn't the Xenoblade port a downgrade? No reason that stopped it from being made :/

DMONKUMA

Has there even been a major product announced in December? With the Holiday madness I just don't see company's like Nintendo making any major announcements on future products because that could take away from their focus on the current holiday lineup.

If we don't hear anything by late November we won't hear anything till 2017 I'm pretty certain

I don't think there has been anything announced during that time, but even then I said worst case scenario just in case they are having trouble with figuring out how to market this thing. It would be very odd though if NX was revealed three months before release.....unless it was something fantastical and have the confidence to show it that close,which I don't personally see at least from the rumors.

Astral Dog

It's an old as balls PS2 game. They could get 60 fine.

That already exists if by 4 you mean 4 players.

i mean, we dont see many 60fps on the 3DS, much less ports of PS2 games.

Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask? 30
Mario 3D Land? 30
Fire Emblem? 30
Metal Gear also 30

the only one im not sure is Kid Icarus, but most games on 3DS are 30fps.

I don't think there has been anything announced during that time, but even then I said worst case scenario just in case they are having trouble with figuring out how to market this thing. It would be very odd though if NX was revealed three months before release.....unless it was something fantastical which I don't personal see at least from the rumors.

I'm also almost certain that the "March 2017" date was given for investor confidence reasons only. I think even Nintendo knows it won't be ready, but they also didn't want to lose investors so they lied a bit to keep them on board. I don't think its coincidence that March 2017 is also the last month of their fiscal year

KooopaKid

Banned
I'm also almost certain that the "March 2017" date was given for investor confidence reasons only. I think even Nintendo knows it won't be ready, but they also didn't want to lose investors so they lied a bit to keep them on board. I don't think its coincidence that March 2017 is also the last month of their fiscal year

It sounds more and more plausible unfortunately.

DMONKUMA

I'm also almost certain that the "March 2017" date was given for investor confidence reasons only. I think even Nintendo knows it won't be ready, but they also didn't want to lose investors so they lied a bit to keep them on board.

If anything they could just say that NX info will be revealed early next year indicating that it is indeed delayed.

Plum

I mean....that euro gamer leak seems pretty legit right?

So it's likely the reveal is in September.
So why is everyone freaking out?

Like dang, it's a few weeks (assuming leak is correct)

The thirst was real before e3, but now? Just occupy yourselves for a few weeks boys and G's :D

We can't relax if we don't know anything. That's why people are so on edge about this, we're so in the dark about even the month the NX might be revealed that minds quickly turn to the worst.

Ogodei

It was how they launched the 3DS itself, mind, and if this is now the handheld successor, then there you go.

Their FY18 would look hella bleak if NX was holiday 17, an absolute wasteland on both platforms (Wii U completely dead, 3DS on life support) for the first half of the fiscal year.

My understanding is that the ramifications for doing that would be pretty severe.

Also, remember, earlier this year the system was at least being considered for a holiday release. So if that was on the table earlier this year, March isn't really an unrealistic window.

EDIT: Now, that isn't to say it can't be delayed out of March, but if they're going to tell investors that they are launching in March that means they fully intend to launch in March.

jdstorm

Banned

Thing is... Nintendo don't have a holiday lineup. So they need to announce something and hope consumers delay and don't buy a Xbox S or a PS4 Slim a few months before the NX launches

Clov

A bit baffled that they're doing a 3DS Direct after having everyone wait so long for NX info. Feels a bit tone deaf, but that's Nintendo for you. Hope there's at least some news on the last bit of Fire Emblem Fates DLC. Some new Pokemon Sun/Moon info would be nice too, and I'd love a surprise or two as well.

udivision

If anything they could just say that NX info will be revealed early next year indicating that it is indeed delayed.

I'm kind of expecting a "I know you all are as excited about the NX as I am, but I ask that you continue to be patient. We'll talk more about the NX early next year." now.

Feffe

They tried porting Mario Galaxy 2 on 3DS but the screen was too small and they came up with 3D Land concept. It's in the Iwata Ask of 3D Land.

Lebon14

I don't even need to read the thread to know that the salt over NX is very real.

Personally won't watch it. The only thing on the 3DS that I will care about is Pokemon SM.
Will catch the news after the fact out of curiosity.

Gvitor

"Ace Attorney 6 is coming to the Nintendo 3DS next week. And before it releases, you can hone your detective skills with Detective Pikachu, available right now in the eShop"

nintendopls

Dystify

Isn't the Xenoblade port a downgrade? No reason that stopped it from being made :/

Imagine a game with the scope of Mario Galaxy on 3DS. Basically a full 3D Mario game that can run on all 3DS units (not just on NEW 3DS) at 60 FPS with good camera control.
Doesn't seem very possible to me.

The rumor doesn't have any base either way besides the new galaxy style 3DS, which is not even branded after the Mario galaxy games. The team that would create this game for 3DS is working on the new Mario for NX.

At most we'd get a port of Galaxy 1/2, but who can seriously believe this? Especially after considering the restraints I named. If we're gonna see Mario galaxy 1/2 again it'll be as HD remake for NX or on virtual console.

Neoxon

Lots of things that could be in this Direct.

• Monster Hunter Stories coming West/Trailer
  • Pokemon Sun/Moon new info/trailer
  • Dragon Quest VII releasing reminder
  • Dragon Quest VIII stuff
  • SMT4-Apocalypse Releasing reminder
  • Yo-Kai Watch 2 releasing reminder
  • New Amiibo info
  • Ace Attorney 6 releasing reminder
  • Chase: Cold Case info
  • Ever Oasis New Info/trailer
  • Mario Party new info/trailer
  • Indie Stuff (Runbow, Azure Striker Gunvolt)

That's probably enough for a direct right there, although I am sure there will be a surprise or two in addition to that stuff. With a JP direct announced and most of that stuff already being released there I do have to wonder.
The only other Amiibos that could be announced are the last 3 Smash 4 Amiibos & the localization of the Monster Hunter Stories Amiibos. And this late in the year, the former group may end up being saved for the NX port of Smash 4. But I could definitely see a reveal for the MH Stories Amiibos coming to the States.

I agree with pretty much everything else on your list.

Mentok

Banned
I find it funny that so many people are upset by Nintendo showing support this late in the 3DS' life cycle. I mean don't you want a company to do that? Weren't people raving about how Sony didn't just up and abandon the PS3? Would you rather they treated it like the Wii U? Chances are this direct will be DQ and Pokemon heavy, but that's not a bad thing.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The fact that Nintendo always have to put this disclaimer (at least for the most recent directs):

"Please note that the presentation will not feature any updates on NX and mobile."

tells us where a good part of their audience's interest lies.

But let's pretend there is no NX and there are no mobile games to come this fall because we have to sell this out of this world new galaxy style new 3ds XL!

Plum

I find it funny that so many people are upset by Nintendo showing support this late in the 3DS' life cycle. I mean don't you want a company to do that? Weren't people raving about how Sony didn't just up and abandon the PS3? Would you rather they treated it like the Wii U? Chances are this direct will be DQ and Pokemon heavy, but that's not a bad thing.

People aren't mad that they're giving the 3DS support, that's a given. People are mad because they aren't even throwing a single bone to their eager fans who just want to know when the NX, Nintendo's next big thing, might possibly be announced. If we knew we would see the thing in late September, early October or even January the comments of "no NX discussion in this direct" would be perfectly OK.

EDIT: KingSnake brings up a good point. By pre-emptively saying the Direct won't have NX news they're acknowledging that people want to know about it.

They tried porting Mario Galaxy 2 on 3DS but the screen was too small and they came up with 3D Land concept. It's in the Iwata Ask of 3D Land.

I mean, they say a lot of things. That whole line of thought struck me as a bit silly given they also released mario 64 on the even smaller DS screens.

The only other Amiibos that could be announced are the last 3 Smash 4 Amiibos & the localization of the Monster Hunter Stories Amiibos. And this late in the year, the former group may end up being saved for the NX port of Smash 4. But I could definitely see a reveal for the MH Stories Amiibos coming to the States.

Saying those are the only ones that could be announced is a bit of an odd thing to say. Pokemon Sun/Moon or Paper Mario or some newly announced game in the direct could be getting amiibos.

TDLink

Info regarding those could still be new Amiibo info. They also announced new Amiibo for Mario Party, so they can go into details on that.

Not to take away from the 3DS Direct hype but doesn't anyone feel a little odd about how Nintendo has to TELL people that they aren't discussing the NX?

I know it's because they have to set the expectations and all, but dayuuum, if they know we are thirsty for some NX news, at least give us SOMETHING.

Edit: Detective Pikachu will probably be there too.

Let's be friends.

Hi friend!

KingSnake brings up a good point. By pre-emptively saying the Direct won't have NX news they're acknowledging that people want to know about it.

I mean... one would HOPE. The alternative is pretending nobody is interested in hearing about their next product.

I think we all know that they know that we know that they know that there's public interest, and they know we know that. The problem is that we've been blue-balled so badly we're devolving into more primitive life forms.

Not to take away from the 3DS Direct hype but doesn't anyone feel a little odd about how Nintendo has to TELL people that they aren't discussing the NX?

I know it's because they have to set the expectations and all, but dayuuum, if they know we are thirsty for some NX news, at least give us SOMETHING.

Edit: Detective Pikachu will probably be there too.

Hi friend!

I'm pretty sure they said "No NX news" for the last direct they did earlier this year too because they know people are hyped for it.

Plum

I'm pretty sure they said "No NX news" for the last direct they did earlier this year too because they know people are hyped for it.

If they know then why not announce at the very least a timeframe? What they're doing now just annoys people at best and creates pessimistic predictions of delays and/or incompetence at Nintendo at best.

PtM

Banned
I see you're a fan of Mr. Pachter.

This is illegal. If it's delayed, it will be due to circumstances that actually caused them to miss their target date, not because they lied.

Top Bottom