• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer revealing the final starter evolutions & more

Ultimadrago

I also noticed that Red/Blue will fight with 6 Pokemon each. That's a relief. They really should incorporate that into main story more.

So... uhm...

Pokémon is all fun and stuff.

WE9jR9H.gif
According to the website, it takes away exactly 75% of the opponent's remaining hp, which means it's not even a great move unless you're playing a super defensive support role with them and they have shitty attack stats lol

I love everything about Primarina.

But.

What is that move? I don't understand.

I mean, she's by far the best designed and I'm still all-in, but ... what?

They really want to announce every Pokemon huh? How many have they not officially shown? A handful and the Mega Beasts? Kinda dissapointing.

There was a rumor going around/speculation that each of the town's we can see seem to have an empty space (like the one where Machamp is in the demo). Perhaps we can build the gyms there?

Also, excited to see old champions coming back again, should make for some fun post game stuff.

I'm curious as to why only Cosmog was shown. Surely if it's actually a duo with the baby gem thing they should have shown it too.

Rowlet

Banned
Pro tip guys:
don't use the Greninja from the demo as it will only choke in the final battle of the league

Revven

TOO MUCH CONTENT. CONTENT OVERLOAD. (Kidding)

Blue looks so stylish the SHADES man!

And a fucking lariat is in the game!? My starter is decided!

Kinsei

Banned
There was a rumor going around/speculation that each of the town's we can see seem to have an empty space (like the one where Machamp is in the demo). Perhaps we can build the gyms there?

Also, excited to see old champions coming back again, should make for some fun post game stuff.

I'm curious as to why only Cosmog was shown. Surely if it's actually a duo with the baby gem thing they should have shown it too.

It's probably the evolution and not the counterpart.

It seems like
it'll evolve into the gem and then split evo into the legend based on the pokedex and this trailer. Also, spoilers

woopWOOP

Jesus, the guardians can form a Yellow Devil?

Being able to battle some of the old characters like that is pretty rad tho. Wondering if it's just the champions and special NPC's or every past gym leader again.

Old stern faced Red is cool

Toxi

Banned
As its fighting spirit increases, the flames that Incineroar produces within its body burst from its navel and waistline. Since the flames somewhat resemble a championship belt, they’re known as its “flame belt,” and the Pokémon unleashes moves that use flames from it. In the heat of battle, Incineroar shows no concern for its opponents—and sometimes even launches attacks that strike the opposing Trainer! As a result, many tend to dislike this Pokémon and keep it at a distance.

If a crowd watching it battle is pumped up, Incineroar’s fighting spirit will burn brighter. But a lackluster crowd can make it lose focus or fight shoddily. When it receives the admiration of young Pokémon and children, it may keep up its cold attitude on the outside, but in its heart of hearts, Incineroar is immensely happy. It loses the desire to fight when faced with a Pokémon that’s clearly weak or injured, and it sometimes gets taken advantage of as a result.
Oh my God it's a wrestling heel.

So... uhm...

WE9jR9H.gif
0_o

RockmanBN

I love everything about Primarina.

But.

What is that move? I don't understand.

I mean, she's by far the best designed and I'm still all-in, but ... what?

The move seems to do damage. I don't get why removing burn would be a benefit to the opponent. If the move did little to no damage, I guess it would be useful to heal a sweepers burn status in doubles?

Ultimadrago

This turned out just like last gen, I start with fire's starter first evo and jump to another as soon as the second evolution shows, which usually goes to best third evolution automatically. Last gen: Fire -> Water. This gen, Fire-> Grass.

You're jobbin' fire starter designs.

So... uhm...

WE9jR9H.gif

I like this.

I love all the starters. Rowlet3 being Grass/Ghost was totally unexpected. Litten3 has a cool signature move, and a nice typing. Popplio3 has a great typing, but that signature move is really underwhelming.

Still really lookig forward to playing this in a couple weeks~!

Fuck man. I always said that if Litten was Fire/Fighting, I'd go with Rowlett, and that if Litten was Fire/Dark, I'd go Litten. But I didn't expect for Rowlett to be Grass/Ghost, which is an equally fucking cool type combination. I'm conflicted now.

Still think the starters look awful.... but Incineroar's name + darkest lariat redeems them juuuust a little bit.

These games are looking like they're going to be amazing :D

Top Bottom