• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer revealing the final starter evolutions & more

RagnarokX

Man, Primarina's signature move is just baffling. A damage dealing water move that heals burns? You wouldn't use it on your own team cuz it deals damage and why would you want to heal the burns of your opponents except in cases like guts?

Also they reeeeaaally should have fixed Blue's name when they had the chance.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Kind of a shame Cynthia couldn't get BestWishes version
kMspNmM.png

CazTGG

I'd be a little more excited for a Grass/Ghost starter if this wasn't the third line using that combination in such a short timespan (we got two in Gen VI). That and Ghost doesn't really have any good physical moves that don't require a turn to boot up so i'm a little wary about its battle capabilities, assuming it's stronger on the physical side.

Gengahrrr

Japanese trailer showed off some story scenes with Cosmog.

It's the Pokémon in Lillie's bag and I think we're definitely getting that to eventually evolve into a Solagaleo/Lunala by endgame.

Ghost also means it can't be prevented from switching out

Thanks. I always look over the smallest detail.

Thanks this will be a tough choice.

Read above.

It looks like Rowlet is going the glass speedy attacker type similar to Greninja while Litten with be the defensive physical attacker type but slower than Rowlet. I have a example but don't know how to speel his name. Lol.. The Pokémon that holds two blocks.

No idea what starter I want. Love them all. This is terrible. Defo the strongest line up since Gen 4, arguably the best of all 7.

Think I'm inching towards Incineroar.

I don't remember exactly but isn't GTS avaible on first playthrough in the other games ? I imagine it would be possible to trade for other starters...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Blue looks cool (though him not being Green outside of Japan is really odd now that he's clearly wearing mainly green), but I really don't like how Red looks---I feel like they should've left his face covered by the shadow from his hat.

Guess this probably goes against the popular rumor/semi-leak of
Ash being the
Alola League Champion.

Man, Primarina's signature move is just baffling. A damage dealing water move that heals burns? You wouldn't use it on your own team cuz it deals damage and why would you want to heal the burns of your opponents except in cases like guts?

I guess pairing it up with an offensive attacker with a Water-absorption Ability?

It'll probably be like smelling salts and do extra damage if the opponent has a burn

Kinsei

Banned
I can;t believe we finally got a ghost starter. I one of the leaked pokemon hadn't already gotten me to switch from Popplio to Rowlet, this trailer would have made me.

Gen 8 needs to have a bug starter (Fire/Bug would be great) starter so both of my favorite types are represented as starters.

Marow

I wonder if this means Robin Hoot can't learn fly while its previous evolutions can? Then again, I guess we don't need HMs this time around!

Forkball

Grass/Ghost came out of nowhere. It's definitely better than Grass/Flying for sure, but Inceneroar has a double leg up since both it's typings are super effective against it. Decidueye is a pretty dumb name though, I don't even know how to pronounce it.

The Tapus look really great in motion. I didn't expected one to be a Grass type. Having a grass field move could be really interesting. It's my favorite type, but it definitely has more cons than pros at times.

AND BATTLE TREE. QUEEN CYNTHIA. THE LEGENDS RED AND BLUE. Wally.

Also the Japanese trailer shows more of the Battle Tree. When fighting Cynthia, it says that the next person will be 31st with the options of continue, suspend, record, or scout. After he selects "scout" it cuts to a scene of a double battle with Cynthia. On the website it says you can this is so they can fight with you in future battles, but I'm not sure what exactly that entails.

Since they're bringing back Red and Blue, I hope they use the old Pokemon Gold/Silver Red theme for nostalgia purposes when you battle him.

I wonder if this means Robin Hoot can't learn fly while its previous evolutions can? Then again, I guess we don't need HMs this time around!

It might still learn it and just not be flying type. I mean Golurk can learn fly for example

But yeah, HMs seem to be gone anyways, though fly is apparently a tm now

ffdgh

I'd be a little more excited for a Grass/Ghost starter if this wasn't the third line using that combination in such a short timespan (we got two in Gen VI). That and Ghost doesn't really have any good physical moves that don't require a turn to boot up so i'm a little wary about its battle capabilities, assuming it's stronger on the physical side.

On the other hand this opens the doors to the owl having dark and psychic type attacks

El Sabroso

Incineroar not being fighting is Grrrrrrreat, I like the Dark / Ghost / Fairy types for starters, still have to see the trailer but will do in a few minutes at lunch break

NZerker12

HOLY SHIT!!! RED & BLUE!!!

Seeing them older makes me feel old
even thoough i'm only 23

Thank fuck we actually seem to have some decent post-game content now. ORAS was alright but after the Delta Episode you had nothing else to do again.

I'm now definitely conflicted now Decidueye turned out to be Grass/Ghost which is a great typing but Inceneroar is Fire/dark and looks awesome. Seriously don't know now.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Also the Japanese trailer shows more of the Battle Tree. When fighting Cynthia, it says that the next person will be 31st with the options of continue, suspend, record, or scout. After he selects "scout" it cuts to a scene of a double battle with Cynthia. On the website it says you can this is so they can fight with you in future battles, but I'm not sure what exactly that entails.
Isn't it just Singles and Multis Maison respectively?

not all pokemon that can learn fly are flying types, also some pokemon that are flying type can't learn it at all

Toxi

Banned
No they shouldn't. He's been Blue here for over a decade. It's like saying the Street Fighter names for Boxer/Claw/Dictator should be moved around.

It also makes more sense to call him Blue when the games we got outside Japan were Red and Blue, not Red and Green.

13ruce

Banned
Since they're bringing back Red and Blue, I hope they use the old Pokemon Gold/Silver Red theme for nostalgia purposes when you battle him.

They better do so and remix it again love that theme. They could also add that one to Blue if they don't have time to rework his theme.

Also Cynthia's theme please.

ionitron

It looks like Rowlet is going the glass speedy attacker type similar to Greninja while Litten with be the defensive physical attacker type but slower than Rowlet. I have a example but don't know how to speel his name. Lol.. The Pokémon that holds two blocks.

Conkeldurr. I suppose I can see it, yeah.

In regards to battling other famous trainers, all they need is Steven. Wally and Cynthia easily rank in my top favorite Rivals/Champions, but Steven might be my favorite Champion of all of them.

Tripon

Wonder if the anime will pretend that there's always been a Red and Blue version. So they can keep Ash/Satoshi and Gary/Shigeru young.

Fire take away the fairy weakness but take on a fighting weakness while dark adds on immunity to physic and a resistance to ghost. Everything else stays the same.

Ghost takes away the poison weakness while adding on weakness to ghost and dark and add on immunity to fighting and normal types. EVERYTHING else stays the same.

It's also not 4x weak to Ice anymore!

Forkball

Isn't it just Singles and Multis Maison respectively?

It seems similar to but how does scouting work exactly? If you scout them it seems like you can team with them, but can you just scout everybody? One per go?

Also Red and Blue both have six Pokemon. Are they separate from the Battle Tree? Is the final battle a 6v6? I wonder how they are implemented into the game.

Also Blue's theme remix is fire I am literally engulfed in flames.

Chase17

They did give Blue a blue outline at least in the art.

Also I don't know what happened to alolan persian. I guess those Garfield comments make sense now.

Top Bottom