• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Order: 1886 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron_bato

Just realized, even after this trailer we still haven't seen any big set piece moments or standard lycan combat. They're really keeping major stuff quiet.

just the way i like it.

I'll be out of town until Feb 21, so I'm a bit sad that I won't get to experience this day one. But I'll be sure to go on lock down til then. Can't wait.

Ricky_R

J1xlpAM.gif

A good answer gif for The Order haters. ;)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He doesn't it's just coming apart in slow motion.

If a grenade explodes in your hand your arm wouldn't "just come apart" Yes, even in slow motion your arm would be in small tiny pieces.

Just sayin.

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome but realistically that arm would be nowhere to be found.

Mutombo

Well, you can't blame this game for being too cinematic, because that's exactly what it's going for.

This looks like a film I'd seriously like to see. So I'm going to approach this as a film I get to play, and I might end up a satisfied customer.

The gameplay looks almost exactly like Gears or RE4/5. Especially with the headshots and the shooting weapons out of enemies' hands. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Shame there's no co-op.

Co-op would have been great, improved Gears 100%. I guess they are keeping Co-op for 'The Order 1914'

Trailer looked great. Do you ever get to play as anyone else or is it just Beard-y McInsubordinate? Be kind of cool to play a chapter from each members perspective, sort of like Gears did.

Splinter Cells Mark and Execute deal (probably more like Borderlands TPS though). Kind of a neat mechanic to make you feel like a badass. Looks great.

it's the black water effect, basically you used your medpack for slow mo and quick aim, I don't think it lock on to enemy head though, probably jutst to general body area.

RAD clearly answered the request of that one Gaffer, trailer had comedic elements.

Fantastic trailer and it's gotten me pretty pumped for the game, especially alongside what Shinobi's been saying.

b0bbyJ03

fuck that was awesome. After seeing what the weapons do to your enemies I kind of wish this game had multiplayer. Can you imagine taking out your friends with those things? haha

ironcreed

Banned
Well, you can't blame this game for being too cinematic, because that's exactly what it's going for.

This looks like a film I'd seriously like to see. So I'm going to approach this as a film I get to play, and I might end up a satisfied customer.

It damn near looks like you are playing a film. In which case, cinematic gameplay all over my body, thank you very much.

-griffy-

Banned
Wow, that was probably one of the better cut story/gameplay trailers overall in recent years. Game is WAY gorier than I expected as well.

x-Lundz-x

The gameplay looks almost exactly like Gears or RE4/5. Especially with the headshots and the shooting weapons out of enemies' hands. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Shame there's no co-op.

This is the ONLY thing that stinks for me, I would have loved to be able to play this coop. However, that doesn't mean it can't be added in DLC. Maybe a separate story DLC with coop can come at a later time.

The game looks unbelievable though.

Fuck yes.

All over this.

Gunplay looks phenomenal. I will probably replay over and over just to see how many different ways I can bring down foes.

Have they said anything about difficulty levels?

RDreamer

To games already on the store since they can't be used on pre-orders?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...t-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/

Kind of off topic, but Jesus christ, Sony are you serious? 10% off is basically nothing... Then you only give us 3 fucking days to use it and it can't be used on preorders? Fuck off. I see you just wanted a nice PR "see we're giving you something" a while ago and then realized you didn't actually want to give anything at all. Fucking assholes...

Was thinking of preordering the order and the Witcher with that. Now I might go retail instead...

So what is up with the "Nudity" and "Sexual Content" parts of the M rating? We've seen nothing at all thus far that lends itself to a "romantic" direction, have we?

Grisby

it's the black water effect, basically you used your medpack for slow mo and quick aim, I don't think it lock on to enemy head though, probably jutst to general body area.
Yeah, so more like an autoaim skill from Borderlands then. It's a fun feature and the only reason I'm talking about it is because I feel like I should be remembering more shooters that have used it.

Mabufu

Banned

You are smart, mate = )

delSai

Just saw a commercial for the game with an old dude creating a ring. No gameplay, wasn't exciting at all :/ I hope Sony does a good job marketing The Order.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Kind of off topic, but Jesus christ, Sony are you serious? 10% off is basically nothing... Then you only give us 3 fucking days to use it and it can't be used on preorders? Fuck off. I see you just wanted a nice PR "see we're giving you something" a while ago and then realized you didn't actually want to give anything at all. Fucking assholes...

Was thinking of preordering the order and the Witcher with that. Now I might go retail instead...

Calm the fuck down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom