• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Order: 1886 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy

Banned
This trailer probably makes the game look more interesting than anything that's been shown from it since it was announced imo.

I'm still not likely to buy it, of course, but congrats to RAD on finally finding a way to present their game decently with less than a month until release I guess :/

Visually it is very nice though.

Way too much hype here. Shall I remember you, my friends, that Eurogamer told us to not preorder ?

Wasn't that IGN?

I'm glad that cinematic aimed games are still progressing and not a thing of the past. While they might not offer the deepest of gameplay, good lord do they give you a thrilling experience. The Order looks to do the same. Of course folks that don't like this type of game will come screaming about it being terrible, the fans of this type of game, I'm almost positive are going to eat it up..

Those people infuriate me. There is a place for cinematic games in this medium.

Bold One

Wooow, good lord.

D49RFY7.gif

truth411

Wow great trailer, I've been going back and forth on this game thinking about should I pick this game up. Consider me sold, day 1.

VinFTW

Developers need to work hard to get those 10-12 hours of quality content(Story, Graphics, Music etc., which looks great combined with standard TPS gameplay with unique weapons) so they deserve $60. If people start complaining this then there will be no focus on single player in future games.

That's great and all, but with all the games coming out I can't (personally) justify $60 on a game with a 10hr SP and nothing else. Quality or not :/

Still want the game eventually though, maybe when its $30 or so.

Looks great, even amazing. Still not sold on gameplay. Will wait for reviews and gaffers opinions after its out.

Gameplay is regular TPS but has some unique weapons and melee system for story. Don't expect something revolutionary from gameplay expect some new elements but you expect this game to be great as a package overall because game is not only about gameplay but also other elements are important in story telling game like this.

mekes

Holy fucking shit, that was the best trailer for the game by a mile! I mean, The Order has had its fair share of dodgy trailers, but that's got hype pouring out of my every orifice.

Pretty much. That's the first good trailer for the game imo, and its a great one.

truth411

That's great and all, but with all the games coming out I can't (personally) justify $60 on a game with a 10hr SP and nothing else. Quality or not :/

You have to start somewhere, it's a new I.p. By a small studio, if this game is a success then that would mean a sequel which would undoubtedly have multiplayer. This is there first attempt at a AAA game.

Edit: Also where did you get 10hrs from?

why dont't you buy the game at launch and finish then sell it? which will cost almost same and also this helps developers.

Footos22

They held back to unleash this awesomeness all in one go.
Looks so good. That music.

Is this those soft body physics coming into play, literally.

Never in doubt RAD.

And thatswhy we got Destiny. Not the game we need, but the game we deserve.

Those people infuriate me. There is a place for cinematic games in this medium.

I highly agree. I look at them just as people look at different genres. Sometimes I want a heavily cinematic experience if the world they are pushing looks good to me. Not every game has to be created equally in terms of gameplay depth.

ironcreed

Banned
2015 is going to be one of the best years for gaming in recent memory. So many hot titles coming out. It's starting early, too.

Floridian

10 hr gameplay? where did u get that from?

VinFTW

why dont't you buy the game at launch and finish then sell it? which will cost almost same and also this helps developers.

I could do this. I HAVE been one of the few on GAF who's always been hyped on it and never doubted it :p

What else comes out in Feb?

You have to start somewhere, it's a new I.p. By a small studio, if this game is a success then that would mean a sequel which would undoubtedly have multiplayer. This is there first attempt at a AAA game.

Edit: Also where did you get 10hrs from?

Think Shinobi was hinting at it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Great trailer. Good music, nice pacing... a bit odd when it took an extra 0.5 second to show that guys head blown off. Just imagine if that had been a movie, for instance. Great trailer. Looking forward to playing the game.

LuuKyK

Really warming up to the game after the last few trailers (silent night and this one).

I usually love these darker/horror-ish history related stories so I am all in for the story/plot alone.

Gurish

OK that was their best trailer by far, still not convinced about this game but that was a damn good trailer, why it took them so long to show a decent trailer at last?
And it still looks like the best thing visually out there.

I feel like this game is going to have the most satisfying video game shotgun of all time. And that's ultimately the bread and butter of any shooter, good, satisfying gunplay.

no, FEAR is still the king. This game is lacking the POM destruction that was in fear among other things

Goddamn, that looks incredible.

"Stop for a pint did ya"?

That banter.

Also, did I spy something that can call in air strikes?

And HOLY SHIT at 1.50. He vaporises the guys head.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
In RAD I trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom