• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

GTS

34117187765_43c7c757ba_o.png

pCARS 2

37542243151_3f13a7bc56_o.jpg

Is this for real?

leeh

DAT salt.

It will be fun if GTS receive better critic than Forza 7... not hard to happen.

Haha wow, contender for absolute saltiest post of the generation? Yeah breh, you're totally above all this ��
More like sorry for striking a nerve guys, I'm making fun of this thread and guys like you.

You've got the wrong idea of me if you think I give a shit 😂

Cue back 2 pages ago where people are writing essays on how FM's lighting isn't that impressive and still static.

Oh Forza 7 has a fantastic weather implementation which they've managed to get running on the OG X1 at locked 60fps while GTS drops frames? Oh yeah, it's static and doesn't count cause GTS doesn't have weather.

Wasn't saying that back in DC FH2 days were you guys? ;)

Just because they took the series in a different direction, that doesn't mean the game has no content. What we've seen of GTS looks very impressive and should be recognized.
Taking in a different direction of having a pityful amount of content? I'm a racing lover fan, it's mostly what I sink my hours into these days. Mate, if I was in their shoes and waiting all this time for GTS, I'd be gutted.

Your contributions in this topic is pretty much the same of the one that shit on forza, do you think that you're better then those people?
Mate this topic is a shit show.

To begin with most people judge from tiny GIFs and replay mode. I learnt that lesson on here from when I saw DC for the first time and it looked like someone rubbed Vaseline over the entire screen. Only thing what looks good in DC is the weather, everything else FH3 is far better simply due to the IQ.

onQ123

Oh Forza 7 has a fantastic weather implementation which they've managed to get running on the OG X1 at locked 60fps while GTS drops frames? Oh yeah, it's static and doesn't count cause GTS doesn't have weather.

Who told you that GTS didn't have weather?

People pointing out salt. In this thread! Lmao.

It's probably the saltiest, ugliest and most fanboyish thread on the entire Gaf forum; if you don't own the console the racing game is on: Shit on it from any possible angle.

leeh

Oh dear oh dear. Keep up the good fight in general though good soldier....

Reading comprehension; the articles states no dynamic transitions will be implemented. While I don't believe weather will make it in in any form, this article is not the proof you need to hammer in a point.
You guys have a demo and now you're expecting weather to be announced after?

Wut?

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Mate this topic is a shit show.

To begin with most people judge from tiny GIFs and replay mode. I learnt that lesson on here from when I saw DC for the first time and it looked like someone rubbed Vaseline over the entire screen. Only thing what looks good in DC is the weather, everything else FH3 is far better simply due to the IQ.
This x1000 but good luck getting many people agreeing with you, especially on here.

BeeDog

You guys have a demo and now you're expecting weather to be announced after?

Wut?

Here, let me help you:

Reading comprehension; the articles states no dynamic transitions will be implemented. While I don't believe weather will make it in in any form, this article is not the proof you need to hammer in a point.

I personally don't think GTS will have any weather at all, nor down the line either through patches. Don't put completely unrelated words into my mouth.

leeh

Here, let me help you:
I know you said that, it doesn't give me any idea to why you replied back to me.

All it sort of read was "I don't think it'll have weather but I am very displeased with how you talked about GTS in your post".

Hey surely "Sunny" is weather lol But given the mention on wet tyres in the online manual I think we will have rain etc. Just not transitions like previously.

BeeDog

I know you said that, it doesn't give me any idea to why you replied back to me.

All it sort of read was "I don't think it'll have weather but I am very displeased with how you talked about GTS in your post".

I have no real desire to protect GTS in any form, but if that interpretation helps you coping with taking a stance against PS4 owners and GTS/DC fans, then be my guest.

What I was trying to point out was that you used that link as proof that PD announced that weather won't be in, when in fact the article simply highlighted that no ToD/weather transitions would be in due to performance/feature reasons, and that those options would be configurable pre-race. So not the ultimate proof to make it sound like they've completely denounced weather.

leeh

I have no real desire to protect GTS in any form, but if that interpretation helps you coping with taking a stance against PS4 owners and GTS/DC fans, then be my guest.

What I was trying to point out was that you used that link as proof that PD announced that weather won't be in, when in fact the article simply highlighted that no ToD/weather transitions would be in due to performance/feature reasons, and that those options would be configurable pre-race. So not the ultimate proof to make it sound like they've completely denounced weather.
Mate the game has a demo and is out a week tomorrow.

This is like me clawing onto the 1X having a Zen CPU after it was announced to be a "custom" CPU.

Not happening.

BeeDog

Mate the game has a demo and is out a week tomorrow.

This is like me clawing onto the 1X having a Zen CPU after it was announced to be a "custom" CPU.

Not happening.

Are you being purposefully obtuse and trying to make it look like people are unreasonably clinging to the hope weather makes it in? You don't seem to be getting me so here's one last attempt: I don't believe weather will make it in, I don't think it will be patched in, but I took issue with you using that GTPlanet link as proof that PD denounced weather completely. The fact is, they've been pretty much completely quiet about it, which is signal enough that weather most assuredly won't make it. Not the comments in your link.

leeh

Are you being purposefully obtuse and trying to make it look like people are unreasonably clinging to the hope weather makes it in? You don't seem to be getting me so here's one last attempt: I don't believe weather will make it in, I don't think it will be patched in, but I took issue with you using that GTPlanet link as proof that PD denounced weather completely. The fact is, they've been pretty much completely quiet about it, which is signal enough that weather most assuredly won't make it. Not the comments in your link.
So you're just trying to get internet points by telling me it's not enough proof to say it doesn't have weather even though we all agree it won't and it doesn't have weather?

Have 'em pal.
You do know that Driveclub got it's weather in a update right?
Which was announced and known about before release.

If PD did a weather patch, it'd be coming out by time the next mainline Forza would be out.

pixelbox

Love the feel/weight; hate the lack of SSR on cars and how static everything is. Clouds do not move at all. But the price of 60 FPS...Thanks framerate guys!

GT4 had wet tracks without having rain during races, so maybe they are doing it that way again.

It is possible rain will be patched in later like DriveClub, seems the best way to do it now, unless it's already in and they are keeping it a surprise (doubtful though)

bombshell

So you're just trying to get internet points by telling me it's not enough proof to say it doesn't have weather even though we all agree it won't and it doesn't have weather?

Have 'em pal.

The GT Sport online manual went up today.
Wet Weather Tyres
Wet weather tyres have channels on the treads to drain out water. Intermediate tyres are used for slight rain or tracks that are wet in some parts only, while heavy-wet tyres are used in all other cases.

・Racing: Intermediate (RI)
・Racing: Heavy-Wet (RH)
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/race/content08

How many internet points do we need to deduct from your total?

TBiddy

I don't think "wet tracks" can be considered weather though. It's, in my eyes, inexcusable to create a AAA racing game without rain.

Arklite

I don't think "wet tracks" can be considered weather though. It's, in my eyes, inexcusable to create a AAA racing game without rain.

GT strutting in inexcusably and gorgeously. I do wonder if theres much overhead left in Sport for some weather later, especially considering how much work PD put into 5 and 6 in that regard.

GT strutting in inexcusably and gorgeously. I do wonder if theres much overhead left in Sport for some weather later, especially considering how much work PD put into 5 and 6 in that regard.
I hope they can find a way to get Driveclub's weather and time of day systems into GT.

Top Bottom