• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Street Fighter V DLC character leaked: Ed (the hoodie kid from the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

wgqyVfS.jpg

The outfit looks great.

ryan13ts

Ew, burn it with fire. Give me back teen Ed any day of the week over... that.

My only hope is that his teen form is his alt, otherwise I'm likely not buying him (Unless he's like Gill-incarnate for SFV)

kirblar

Ed, like Azam and Satsuki already appeared in the SFV story mode, so they even already have their 3D assets and even voice actor:

Ed (SFV):
https://youtu.be/0Fgg280DTp0?t=7m03s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fgg280DTp0?t=20m58s

Ed (let's remember -spoiler- Balrog's ending in SFIV):
https://youtu.be/7ApAYVqj3eM?t=1m31s

Satsuki:
https://youtu.be/EC8WdMh5yh8?t=4m34s

Same can be said for Sean, Abel, Decapre or Byron Taylor. I bet they will be included in the future as playable characters. Decapre and the dolls were even enemies there, you fought them so even have (mostly rehashed from Cammy) in-game animations.
The new female character's silhouette doesn't match Satsuki.

I actually prefer his younger white hoodie design, but I'm still fine with this. He really is Evil Rock Howard, with Bison and Rog as his two dad's instead.

Psycho Buffalooooo~!

yurinka

Thats the thailand stage music isn't it?
Yep, seems someone just copied the image from the SF image and got the Thailand stage we already knew for the video. The image comes from streetfighter.com, I posted it above.

The new female character's silhouette doesn't match Satsuki.
Yes, it matches her perfectly. Including stuff like hairstyle, hair length, body shape, hat, shoulder pad, bracelet and katana tsuba details and more.

LakeEarth

Hopefully his story mode costume will be his white hoodie look, I highly prefer it to this pseudo-Nazi boxer look they gave him.

Ryce

I think his story costume will be his hoodie and sweatpants all stretched out and torn up, Hulk-style. I feel like his character story will show how he aged so quickly, going from his story mode model to his new one.

Skilletor

I think he looks dope.

I think every SF5 character so far has looked pretty amazing. My only problem with Laura is her outfits, but her character design is great.

What does "a Street Fighter character" look like? Ryu, Blanka, Twelve, Remy, and C. Viper could all be from different games.

Twelve and Remy?

Now that you mention it, he does fit in with the 3rd strike characters Capcom shoved under the rug.

I guess to elaborate, Street Fighter designs are supposed to be obvious. Ryu is a karate fighter, Blanka is a green monster, Viper is Angelina Jolie. Kolin's clothing matches how thick her accent is.

What is Ed supposed to be? An anime cosplayer?

Gradly

I would like if they made him slimmer than that, or maybe he transforms and becomes like this as in a special move :)

Lulubop

Twelve and Remy?

Now that you mention it, he does fit in with the 3rd strike characters Capcom shoved under the rug.

I guess to elaborate, Street Fighter designs are supposed to be obvious. Ryu is a karate fighter, Blanka is a green monster, Viper is Angelina Jolie. Kolin's clothing matches how thick her accent is.

What is Ed supposed to be?

He really doesn't tho.

Bison already has a Nazish motif, seems like a theme with psycho power. You come up with the most arbitrary shit to hate on this game. Other than that, he's a Bison body like Abel.

Skilletor

Twelve and Remy?

What is Ed supposed to be? An anime cosplayer?

It's pretty much Bison's outfit.

LordKasual

Banned
Wait, thats the hoodie kid?

Fuck, i wanted to fight in a hoodie.

I've been waiting for another Psycho Power character...hopefully he's not charge and has some zoning capabilities

Lulubop

Additionally I've seen a few people say he looks like a Jojo character, which SF borrows HEAVILY from. But nah, he doesn't like look a sf character somehow.

Kade

『Inaba Resident』;235920592 said:
Count how many blonde characters there are in the roster.

11 of the 25 released/known characters are blonde. Alex, Birdie, Cammy, Ed, Guile, Karin, Ken, Kolin, Nash, R. Mika and Vega.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Do you think I'm actually interested in arguing something so subjective?

right, and imo, the character designs largely suck.

Guess you should have chosen different phrasing if you didn't want to say some shit, provide "evidence" and then backpedal it immediately as "muh opinion."

Here's the alternate timeline:

You: "I don't like any of the character designs in SFV"

Other people: "ok"

kewlmyc

Wish they kept the the somewhat scrawny hoodie design. It would have made him stand out from the rest of the cast.

Rymuth

If Capcom was smart, they could've done something akin to this thread...drop a picture every day and make it bigger and bigger to build the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom