• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Street Fighter V DLC character leaked: Ed (the hoodie kid from the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
I don't remember Balrog's ending in SF4 but I'm assuming he's blonde there too?

Both Ed and Kolin are carried over designs from previous games, so all Capcom can do is balance it out with new characters who aren't blonde.

It's why there are no blondes among the genuinely new characters, Fang, Necalli, Laura and Rashid.

He was blonde in SF4 Balrogs Ending

ZenSpeculation.png

Kusagari

The new design sucks.

I vastly preferred him as a skinny dude in a hoodie. It was a nice contrast to the rest of the cast.

FluxWaveZ

The new design sucks.

I vastly preferred him as a skinny dude in a hoodie. It was a nice contrast to the rest of the cast.

Yeah, I also preferred his skinny self to this typical body type. I don't think every male character in this game needs to be muscled out; it's come to the point that those who aren't are unique for it.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I forgot about Eagle. But is not something that is highly publicized. Today Capcom could use this for marketing purposes, actually.

Why would any character's sexuality in this game be marketed? I don't think Street Fighter's the game for that. Hell, I couldn't even tell you the actual sexuality of most of the cast, is how much (non) focus they've put on that.

Ryce

Satsuki's hairstyle, hair length, body shape, hat, shoulder pad, bracelet and katana details and more match perfectly with the silhouette. What doesn't match?
Nothing matches perfectly with Satsuki.

Ld5rcJx.png
u5OQxwI.png

• The silhouette's hat is two-pronged (like horns); Satsuki wears a tiny triangular hat
  • The silhouette's hat appears to have a strap of some sort towards the bottom left side
  • The silhouette is wearing short-sleeved clothing; Satsuki wears sleeveless clothing
  • The silhouette has a wide, massive weapon at her hip/back; Satsuki wields a narrow katana
I think it's far more likely that the character is someone brand new to the Street Fighter universe, possibly a pencak silat fighter.

NEO0MJ

Why would any character's sexuality in this game be marketed? I don't think Street Fighter's the game for that. Hell, I couldn't even tell you the actual sexuality of most of the cast, is how much (non) focus they've put on that.

Didn't Disney talk up how they were introducing their first gay character for the Beauty and the Beast movie? Pretty sure there are other examples, but most are usually from Western companies.

FluxWaveZ

Didn't Disney talk up how they were introducing their first gay character for the Beauty and the Beast movie? Pretty sure there are other examples, but most are usually from Western companies.

But isn't sexuality a core conceit of the Disney princess movies considering how they revolve around romance, with a man and a woman getting together?

It makes sense for many properties. Not all.

I think most of that had to do with him being the first. that would no be the case for SF.

also Kung Jin from MKX is gay. NRS didn't say anything publicly about that iirc

MrCarter

Yep. What a boring new design.

I dunno, I didn't find him as a teen with a plain hoody and bottoms much too exciting. At least here he looks like he has far more character with a elaborate design. His personality is showing too with that smug smile on his face. Hopefully we get a costume that is similar to what he wears in the story.

So?

Vega was brown-haired in SF4. Now he's blonde in SFV.

But apparently changing the hair color of some nobody dweeb that shows up in Balrog's ending would be weird.

They changed Vega's hair color because
-he was blonde in previous designs. consistent with how they were ignoring SF4 designs and referring to older games
-the color scheme was better with his default clothes, which is why he has brown hair in alternates.
-you would still be able to recognize him as vega even if they changed his hair color to green. nobody dweeb could easily be a different character if they modified something
-clearly given by Ed's current design, there isn't as much thought put into Ed as with other characters. they probably gave 2 seconds of thought before transitioning him into a model in story mode.

Neoxon

So?

Vega was brown-haired in SF4. Now he's blonde in SFV.

01_blognotes02.jpg

But apparently changing the hair color of some nobody dweeb that shows up in Balrog's ending would be weird.
Vega changes his hair color between blonde & brunette with each game he's in. It's basically a running gag at this point.

NEO0MJ

But isn't sexuality a core conceit of the Disney princess movies considering how they revolve around romance, with a man and a woman getting together?

It makes sense for many properties. Not all.

I think most of that had to do with him being the first. that would no be the case for SF.

also Kung Jin from MKX is gay. NRS didn't say anything publicly about that iirc

I guess you're right.

You already got Jolyne let us have our Jonathan

But Jonathan sucks.

ZenTzen

anyone know how his fighting style is gonna be, being raised by balrog, i'm guessing he'll be a boxer with psycho power moves or something

mas8705

Someone has been eating alot or protein between the SFV story mode to now. Still, part of me does want to know if this is a time skip that got Ed Boy to this point, or if what everyone is saying about him aging faster than other characters, thus his power and skill grows just as fast to place him in as Balrog's 2nd.

This is what happens when stuff leaks before we get an explanation: It leaves everyone confused as all hell.

Neoxon

Someone has been eating alot or protein between the SFV story mode to now. Still, part of me does want to know if this is a time skip that got Ed Boy to this point, or if what everyone is saying about him aging faster than other characters, thus his power and skill grows just as fast to place him in as Balrog's 2nd.

This is what happens when stuff leaks before we get an explanation: It leaves everyone confused as all hell.
It's most likely the accelerated aging.

Numb

Sure, but did it really have to be Ogre Street Jonathan?

There's a reason he only uses that costume once, he looks like a dork. Hell, even the weird rugby outfit looks better.

True
But it's better than nothing and Ed version looks better atleast
Now i just need the correct color and let people feel the passion of a sir

Maybe its meant to be that after bison dies or whatever in the story he transfers him self to ed and thats what transforms him.

I also dont like that look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom