• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 8 |OT| Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.

meljeff

beast786 said:
Dirtiest NFL team confirmed.

I don't want to see anybody get hurt.
If the 49ers win or lose I want it to be against that teams best.

I just think it is odd that this trend is occurring.

Could it be dity play or are the 49ers just playing hard?
I know I might be biased but I don't see anything that indicates the 49ers are playing dirty.

It is just an odd occurrence after reading that past article of RBs against the 49ers Defense.

Godslay

Banned
eznark said:
Ya, all four elk were processed before we left Idaho. We had a trailer, filled it with 7 massive coolers and brought it all home.

It's very good. Somewhere between venison and beef.

First time hunting elk? I'm assuming that you saved the ivories?

I moved to Wyoming when I was a kid and got to do a lot of hunting mainly for deer and elk. I definitely prefer elk over beef, but buffalo is better than all of them.

beast786

meljeff said:

I know I might be biased but I don't see anything that indicates the 49ers are playing dirty.

It is just an odd occurrence after reading that past article of RBs against the 49ers Defense.

I was joking bro. This is the NFL.

meljeff said:

Bam Bam hits hard..
willis.jpg

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MechDX said:
Please. Fatass "Potroast" talked smack the whole time leading up to the game.

I missed the bit where he punched a guy while he was down after the play, though, or made a late hit on a sliding quarterback.

MechDX said:
I think I am going to faint. Texans have the #3 ranked Defense in the league!!

By one of the most worthless stats the NFL tracks, sure. By stats I have some level of faith in, they're 11th (but 5th in the league overall, and an order of magnitude better than anyone else in the AFC South...)

meljeff

Gully State said:
Bam Bam hits hard..
http://cincinnatibengals.contentquake.com/files/2007/12/willis.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

His partner in crime is no joke either...

[IMG]http://prod.static.49ers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2011/01-January/14-bow-az--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

MechDX

iapetus said:
I missed the bit where he punched a guy while he was down after the play, though, or made a late hit on a sliding quarterback.

By one of the most worthless stats the NFL tracks, sure. By stats I have some level of faith in, they're 11th (but 5th in the league overall, and an order of magnitude better than anyone else in the AFC South...)

The jags have a rep of cheap tactics they inherited from their HC, Del Rio. What is this "stat" you have faith in?

Fox318

FbTBr.jpg

By Ian Begley
Joe Namath has ripped Rex Ryan for many things this year.

But, according to a joking Ryan, "nothing has hurt more" than when Broadway Joe cracked on Rex's weight.

The subject arose after Ryan admitted to wearing a Namath jersey during a trip to the mall over the bye week.

Namath, on his regular spot with ESPN New York 1050's "The Michael Kay Show," said, "I'm just stunned that the jersey with No. 12 come in that size."
Ryan laughed off the barb, giving Namath credit for his wit.

Namath has been critical of Ryan all year, saying his team wasn't prepared for their game at Oakland and claiming Ryan was too nice to his players.

"Shoot, hey it doesn't matter," Ryan said when asked about wearing the jersey. "I'm still a huge Joe Namath fan."

He added: "Any fan or any Jets alum is welcome to their opinion. It doesn’t mean I have to like it or agree with it."

Wrayfield

FrenchMovieTheme said:
look at those fucking high waters he's wearing. you have at least hundreds of thousands of dollars and you can't buy a decent pair of slacks to go to court in?

Probably wore Welker's trousers, not that he is that much taller.

eznark

Banned
Godslay said:
First time hunting elk? I'm assuming that you saved the ivories?

I moved to Wyoming when I was a kid and got to do a lot of hunting mainly for deer and elk. I definitely prefer elk over beef, but buffalo is better than all of them.
Yep.

Buffalo is my favorite too. I've heard good things about zebra too.

Milchjon

Alligatorjandro said:
Of course he's going to Foot Locker.

Hahaha, didn't even see that.

Rex Ryan defines love/hate for me. One part of me wants to punch him every time he opens his mouth, another part will always chuckle at everything he says. Fuck the Jets, though.

Fox318

Milchjon said:
Hahaha, didn't even see that.

Rex Ryan defines love/hate for me. One part of me wants to punch him every time he opens his mouth, another part will always chuckle at everything he says. Fuck the Jets, though.
oJnuZ.gif
RMmod.jpg

As long as I live I will hate Bilicheat. Quitter.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
iapetus said:
what late hit on the quarterback? Your own coach said it was clean. Teach your guy how to slide better and he wont get hit when doing his goofy half slide have sideways dive.

Vyer

captive said:
what late hit on the quarterback? Your own coach said it was clean. Teach your guy how to slide better and he wont get hit when doing his goofy half slide have sideways dive.

Not too mention that wasn't a punch, with the conveniently forgotten other Jaguar that Brown was pulling away from when his hand went down.

Jaguar whining is funny. considering this is pretty much the same Texans team they've seen the last couple of seasons, and a team that had been labeled 'soft' prior to this season, and now that they are actually decent defensively Jacksonville is crying about those big meanies.

Striker

Former NFL QB Erik Kramer's son found dead.
The son of a former NFL star quarterback who was playing in his final high school season as a backup passer for one of Southern California's most prominent football programs was found dead on Sunday, sending a high school community into mourning.

According to the Los Angeles Times and a handful of other Southern California sources, 18-year-old Thousand Oaks (Calif.) High senior quarterback Griffen Kramer was found dead on Sunday at the house of a close friend. School officials gave preliminary information that they believe, "his passing was due to alcohol poisoning." The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department also confirmed that it has no reason to believe that there was any criminal activity involved in the teen's passing.

EDIT Gonna put this in the new thread

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Damnit. Wrong week

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Vyer said:
Not too mention that wasn't a punch, with the conveniently forgotten other Jaguar that Brown was pulling away from when his hand went down.

Bull. From Kuharsky's article on this:

After linebacker Clint Session forced a Houston fumble at Reliant Stadium Sunday, he wound up with the ball on the return after two laterals. And after he was tackled out of bounds, Houston left tackle Duane Brown clearly, deliberately, delivered a punch with his left hand to Session’s chest before he got up. (Tania Ganguli of the Times-Union writes about it here.)

Brown’s explanation on Houston’s 1510 The Game radio?

He called the accusation of a punch “outrageous” and made it as if it was merely him catching his balance. Yes, if you lose your balance, you generally close your fist and look for the nearest solar plexus as you attempt to steady yourself.

Brown did get pushed, but looking at the replay I have no problem saying he saw the shove as an opportunity to land a blow before getting up to deal with the shover, who is not identifiable on video.

And that Session offered no objection doesn’t make it OK.

People are not that dumb.

Brown threw a punch. What you do when you’ve thrown a punch that’s on film is say something like, I lost my poise for a second there and it’s a mistake. I’m not proud of it. I’m sorry about it and you can expect I’ll try not to lose my poise again.

If the league doesn’t issue a fine here, it’s a poor call.

The one point where Kuharsky was wrong: apparently some people are that dumb.

Vyer said:
Jaguar whining is funny. considering this is pretty much the same Texans team they've seen the last couple of seasons, and a team that had been labeled 'soft' prior to this season, and now that they are actually decent defensively Jacksonville is crying about those big meanies.

There's a middle ground between 'soft' and 'dirty'. If the Texans have chosen to bypass it, that's not my problem. Your lame suggestion that the Jags are just complaining about facing a decent defence is shot down entirely if you look at the number of complaints they raised in the previous few weeks when facing the (at the time) top 3 defences in the league by NFL stats.

And, you know, it's just the defence that plays dirty that they accused of playing dirty.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MechDX said:
The jags have a rep of cheap tactics they inherited from their HC, Del Rio. What is this "stat" you have faith in?

So you don't have any examples of the Jags playing dirty, particularly this year? Didn't think so.

And the stat I like more than most others is DVOA from Football Outsiders. It's the one that has the best match with what I see on the field, so I tend to put more faith in it than others. Total yards of defence is utterly worthless - the Texans leapt up in pass defence by playing the Jags - did their pass defence really improve? Hell, no. They just played a team with a slow-starting rookie QB and wide receivers who couldn't catch a ball if it was glued to their hands. DVOA adjusts for that. I don't cherry-pick stats (except for comic effect) though - so when DVOA says my team sucks then I'm not going to argue. Right now it has us 5th in the league in defence and around the bottom in offence, which matches up pretty well with reality.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
eznark said:
Any chance you could sticky the new thread?
he seems pretty busy arguing that the Texans are dirty.

talisayNon said:
DVOA also says the Jets are the second best team in football.

LOL
No stat is good at really judging how good a team is.

MechDX

Jags lose and are having a bad season: deal with it. This kind of crap happens every Sunday in the NFL. Thing is: most teams know its part of the game and accept it. There is a reason Sessions didnt make a big deal out of it because he knows it part of the game. Jags come off as a bunch of whiny sore losersn because they have 2 DT's that can not shut their mouth.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
MechDX said:
Jags lose and are having a bad season: deal with it. This kind of crap happens every Sunday in the NFL. Thing is: most teams know its part of the game and accept it. There is a reason Sessions didnt make a big deal out of it because he knows it part of the game. Jags come off as a bunch of whiny sore losersn because they have 2 DT's that can not shut their mouth.

Hey, the Texans would have won even without playing dirty. They're the better team for the first time in a while. Good on them. If you think I'm having a problem dealing with how badly the Jags are doing this year, you're missing the point completely.

And your argument is shot down by the same point as your fellow Texans apologists - if the Jaguars have two DTs who can't shut their mouths and whine when they lose, how the hell have we never heard them whining all the way to a 2-5 record?

MechDX

iapetus said:
Hey, the Texans would have won even without playing dirty. They're the better team for the first time in a while. Good on them. If you think I'm having a problem dealing with how badly the Jags are doing this year, you're missing the point completely.

And your argument is shot down by the same point as your fellow Texans apologists - if the Jaguars have two DTs who can't shut their mouths and whine when they lose, how the hell have we never heard them whining all the way to a 2-5 record?

They whined all last week leading up to the game. Sideofbeef stated how he hated them because they were "arrogant". Yeah that makes a ton of sense. A team whose best record in 10 years is 9-7 is arrogant......

Its all part of the game. Delrio even blew this whole nonsense off stating that it was part of a game against a division rival. Jags will get their chance in November for retribution.

That "punch" was a freaking love tap at best. This was a punch:

andre-johnson-beats-courtland-o.gif

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
cajunator said:
The Texan's aren't dirty. They are physical. I guess physical teams are "dirty" now. thanks NFL.

Again, the same team has faced physical teams before with no problems and no 'whining'. Physical involves playing hard to to the whistle, not taking cheap shots after it.

MechDX

iapetus said:
Again, the same team has faced physical teams before with no problems and no 'whining'. Physical involves playing hard to to the whistle, not taking cheap shots after it.

See you November 27th. It was a physical game, it happens. Maybe the Jags just took over the NFL's Softest Team label from the Texans.

We've taken shots for 10 years and now that we start having some success people start making wild accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom