• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

squicken

I know you can't beleive everything you hear at this time as it's all PR speak but the general feeling from beat writers and people behind the scenes is that Shurmur actually showed progress with this team by the end of the year he may get another year. I imagine a single digit loss season could mean he keeps his job, but that'll be tough with our hard schedule.

It's possible, but very unlikely. He's already stripped the GM of his powers essentially. Heckert is now an adviser who will scout and put together a draft board. I'd actually be worried b/c who exactly is Banner to be making talent evaluations?

So new GM incoming, and that usually means new coach. They have to give off illusion that Shurmur stays or they know the players will ignore him

Tabris

At MetLife for the game today so you know who to blame however it turns out.

Go GMen!

Please do me a favour and sing this as often as possible and as loud as you can (may require some serious drinking before) so it catches on!

I BELIEVE IN ELI!

I BELIEVE HE CAN TOUCH THE SKY!

I THINK ABOUT IT EVERY NIGHT AND DAY

HE SPREADS HIS WINGS AND FLYS AWAY!

I BELIEVE HE CAN SOAR!

I SEE HIM RUNNING THROUGH THAT FIELD!

I BELIEVE IN ELI!

I BELIEVE IN ELI!!!!

jakncoke

Banned
Please do me a favour and sing this as often as possible and as loud as you can (may require some serious drinking before) so it catches on!

I BELIEVE IN ELI!

I BELIEVE HE CAN SOAR!

I BELIEVE IN ELI!

I BELIEVE IN ELI!!!!

Do you have a shitty make up song for every of the 2343 teams and players you're a fanboy of?

Wes

venison crêpe
uIhLW.jpg

Where does it sit on the bike?

Godslay

Banned

I BELIEVE IN ELI!

I BELIEVE HE CAN SOAR!

I BELIEVE IN ELI!

I BELIEVE IN ELI!!!!

You made Elway dance.

ibsaBiNLglxW7A.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's possible, but very unlikely. He's already stripped the GM of his powers essentially. Heckert is now an adviser who will scout and put together a draft board. I'd actually be worried b/c who exactly is Banner to be making talent evaluations?

So new GM incoming, and that usually means new coach. They have to give off illusion that Shurmur stays or they know the players will ignore him

Well the players also have the motivation that they could be moved as well if they put up subpar efforts.

squicken

Well the players also have the motivation that they could be moved as well if they put up subpar efforts.

Well that's true for the bottom of the roster. But for guys who are secure, they probably wonder why they need to go all out on a tackle or run. It'll get tricky with Richardson and his injuries. Do they sit him and preserve him for next year? They should, but it's a tough message to send

mjc

Am I allowed to ask if anyone has a good streaming link for the GB game? I'm stuck at work but I really don't wanna follow along with moving dots.

JABEE

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/260050449300852736

Jay Glazer said:
I'm reporting the NFL is investigating the Chargers after they were caught using a banned illegal Stick em-type substance vs broncos Mon night

And the Chargers still lost.

Edit: Continued
https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/260051802089742336

Jay Glazer said:
NFL Security has already begun investigation as SD equipment man was hiding illegal sticky substance and giving to players. Line judge saw it and had it confiscated and sent to broncos and league

JABEE

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...uld-ask-goodell-to-reconsider-paytons-appeal/

PFT said:
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Saints owner Tom Benson will ask Goodell to reconsider the one-year suspension of coach Sean Payton, if the player suspensions are scuttled or reduced by Tagliabue.

In our view, it’s apples and oranges. The players are protected by a Collective Bargaining Agreement; the coaches aren’t. Also, the discipline against the coaches includes punishment for lying when the league first looked into the situation in 2010, and for continuing the pay-for-performance/bounty system after the NFL made it clear that the practice should stop.

That said, there continue to be rumors that Goodell will at some point lift Payton’s suspension for the balance of the year. There’s no specific factual basis for those rumors, yet. A reduction in the player suspensions could provide cover for an olive branch to Payton and, in turn, the entire population of New Orleans, where Goodell will be spending most of the week before the Super Bowl.

Don't do it!

squicken

Mike Lombardi says Rams are shopping players. Probably means SJax. Wonder what he can fetch, and who would want him. He's been an okay runner but is surprisingly poor in pass pro this year. I think they would be more reluctant to deal him if he could pass block better, but since he can't, why not play the rookies who can't block either but can at least run

JABEE

Mike Lombardi says Rams are shopping players. Probably means SJax. Wonder what he can fetch, and who would want him. He's been an okay runner but is surprisingly poor in pass pro this year. I think they would be more reluctant to deal him if he could pass block better, but since he can't, why not play the rookies who can't block either but can at least run

I wouldn't mind the Eagles picking up Jackson for a 6th or 7th.

SonnyBoy

I don't expect my Skins to win. But... I'm know that they have a chance, that they are now competitive. For that, I'm grateful. #HTTR

Top Bottom