• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL votes to move the St. Louis Rams to Los Angeles for the 2016 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

For the OP
q8j7WPB.png

UrgG35c.png

kms_md

Are there no St Louis football fans? Did they fail to sell out games? Just s baseball/hockey town?

There are plenty of STL football fans. However for the past several years ownership has put out a poor product and has threatened to leave on numerous occasions. It is tough to get fans to show up in that kind of environment.

GeeDuhb

Are there no St Louis football fans? Did they fail to sell out games? Just s baseball/hockey town?

It has nothing to do with the fans. It has to do with greedy owners who want a new stadium but can't get in in the current city.

Not really that shocking considering there is no stadium to play in. Better sticking it out with Qualcomm for another year, there are also lease implications in SanDiego. Also announcing a move to LA puts Spanos in an even weaker position to negotiate a tenancy with Kroenke.

Yeah, good luck playing in the Coliseum for a few years. Place is a joke for an NFL team.

Too bad your Broncos games will always be blacked out as you are forced to watch the shitty product Kroenke refers to as his team plays in your city.

HA, if only this was not already happening. We have been getting blacked out for years because they always show Raiders/Chargers games out here. At least the blackout will happen for a legitimate reason now.

johnny956

Nothing to do with attendance. Kronke planned the thing from the start (eliminated ticket brokers and such to keep ticket sales low), not a single public appearance in St. Louis since 2012. I mean can you name one owner in any sport who has done the same? We're the only city of the 3 to offer any kind of funding for a stadium yet we're the only team to lose out. personally I'm glad we're not funding the stadium. We've got enough problems in St. Louis as is.

Dominator

Was born in '93, became a fan when I was 5 or 6 (I live in NJ, just grew attached to the Rams) after they became St. Louis Rams.

Guess I'm gonna need to buy a shitload of new gear.

BFIB

As shitty as the Rams are, I don't really feel the loss here.

But still, get fucked Kroenke.

GeeDuhb

Nothing to do with attendance. Kronke planned the thing from the start (eliminated ticket brokers and such to keep ticket sales low), not a single public appearance in St. Louis since 2012. I mean can you name one owner in any sport who has done the same? We're the only city of the 3 to offer any kind of funding for a stadium yet we're the only team to lose out. personally I'm glad we're not funding the stadium. We've got enough problems in St. Louis as is.

Wow, I didn't realize he was such a slezebag...I mean, I know he has been doing stuff with real estate out here for years in preparation, but I didn't know he was doing that shit in St Louis. Sorry dude, I would be pissed if we lost the Dodgers, so I cant even imagine the feeling you have right now.

Bsigg12

Well the 2016-2017 season will be interesting. Vikings open their new fancy stadium and the Rams and possibly the Chargers get to play in the LA Colesium.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
So at the moment the teams will be playing at USC's stadium until the new stadium is built?

So instead of playing in their 20 year old stadiums, The Rams want spend the next couple years playing in a building that's almost 100? Fuck off.

Draxal

I'll never understand the NFL's obsession with London

They've tried this forever with the WLAF. They really want the international audience and Germany plays even worse with this (they have the strongest WFL attendance but scheduling will be a complete PITA with them).

Parham

Banned
"We were just doing what's best for all of us guys! You understand, right? Cool, now we're going to need you to give us hundreds of millions of dollars."

I'm really interested in seeing how they'll try to convince San Diego to vote in favor of helping pay for a new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom