• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Lucent

I saw this posted on my facebook today. I was already down for the book, but this is nice to hear.The plush doll looks like it could've been made better. They should've just made the doll look like how it was before it came to life. And the gold skins I don't care so much for as I don't really like gold. Silver is best.

But, more stuff is awesome. Just wonder what it'll be. Maybe they could include a wand that looks like it came from Dollar General and a cape that's way too small to actually be worn. =D

I must be missing something.... what are the bonuses for each goal reached?

I don't think they actually said. I'm guessing whenever a goal is reached they'll have people give ideas or select from something they think up. I dunno. >_<

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-ordering doesn't cost any money, so I just did it.

Be careful with that:

Just thought I would let everyone know since I consider it a big deal.

You can't cancel your order off of their store.

Dear S***********,

Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We have received your request to cancel shipment of your order;
unfortunately we were unable to do so. Namco Bandai has a "no
cancellation policy".

You will be receiving a shipping notification once the product is on its
way, already. If you do not wish to receive the shipment and you would
like a refund, you may refuse delivery.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may caused you. For
further concerns, feel free to email us back.

Sincerely,
M*********.
Namco Bandai US Online Store
Customer Service
namcobandai.en.cs@digitalriver.com
Email ID: 2*****

Aeana

I really hate that pre-ordering from Namco's store takes the money immediately. I want this just because of the book, but I'm not able to devote those funds just yet. By the end of August is really pushing it.

Seda

So basically:
-Only pre-orders on Namco's website count towards more extra stuff.
-Full price is charged
-Can't cancel
-Must be pre-ordered before August 31st
-United States only.

Is that all correct?

Lucent

So basically:
-Full price is charged
-Can't cancel
-United States only.

Is that all correct?

I was charged full price immediately, but they put it back in my bank a few days later. The other stuff I'm guessing is true.

randomkid

Man, I don't wanna order from Namco's site. I've got credit at Amazon and Newegg, kinda jealous that Europeans have that option. I doubt these Ninostarter extras will be worth the extra money.

(i can't believe i seriously just used the term 'ninostarter extras' i feel like a toddler)

Lucent

Man, I don't wanna order from Namco's site. I've got credit at Amazon and Newegg, kinda jealous that Europeans have that option. I doubt these Ninostarter extras will be worth the extra money.

(i can't believe i seriously just used the term 'ninostarter extras' i feel like a toddler)

Yeah, well, I guess you basically gotta be in it for the book. If not, I doubt these extras are gonna be enough to push you. I'm mainly in it for the book. But I agree with you on the Amazon and Newegg options. I usually always order from Amazon (prime member) and Newegg when they have pre-order deals.

Sora_N

I really hate that pre-ordering from Namco's store takes the money immediately. I want this just because of the book, but I'm not able to devote those funds just yet. By the end of August is really pushing it.

Feel the same way, there's 2-3 game I want to buy in August. :/

So basically:
-Full price is charged
-Can't cancel
-United States only.

Is that all correct?

I'm in the same boat as as Aeana and with the points that Seda has outlined, I'm questioning if I want the LE at all.

randomkid

Yeah, well, I guess you basically gotta be in it for the book. If not, I doubt these extras are gonna be enough to push you. I'm mainly in it for the book. But I agree with you on the Amazon and Newegg options. I usually always order from Amazon (prime member) and Newegg when they have pre-order deals.

Yeah I have the Japanese version of the book. It's without hyperbole the best "bonus" product in videogame history. I would love to have the English version as well. The thing is though, I got it along with the DS game, which also happens to come in amazing packaging with its own full color manual, for $58 shipped brand new. $120 for the PS3 version is exorbitant, and I don't want that dumb looking plushie or random DLC heh.

Here's hoping they open things up to Amazon/Newegg at some point, cuz I really do want the English book.

Hawthorns

Just pre-ordered from Amazon UK. I imagine they'll price match between now and release. This will likely be the first PS3 game I own since I sold all mine off a few months back.

zroid

Banned
With Namco officially "looking into" options for Canada, it's highly unlikely that we won't ultimately have some means of purchasing it. It would be a PR disaster for them to come back now and say no dice. I think it's just a question of what arrangement they're going to make. I'm also curious about whether we will get the bonus item(s) from the Ninostarter campaign (assuming it even makes it to the first goal).

Sora_N

Yeah I have the Japanese version of the book. It's without hyperbole the best "bonus" product in videogame history. I would love to have the English version as well. The thing is though, I got it along with the DS game, which also happens to come in amazing packaging with its own full color manual, for $58 shipped brand new. $120 for the PS3 version is exorbitant, and I don't want that dumb looking plushie or random DLC heh.

Here's hoping they open things up to Amazon/Newegg at some point, cuz I really do want the English book.

Is this the same book? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ni-no-Kuni-M...VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item5d3411577c

Tempted to pick one up in CASE I can't buy the PS3 LE (pretty likely atm).

Het_Nkik

It takes the money and puts it in a hold, but it doesn't actually charge. The hold amount went back into my checking account after a week.

Aeana

It takes the money and puts it in a hold, but it doesn't actually charge. The hold amount went back into my checking account after a week.
Other people said otherwise... someone in this thread even said it looked like the hold was removed, but then a charge showed up a little while later.

Het_Nkik

I ordered on July 1st and still haven't been charged. Weird.

Guess it's not worth it to risk it if you don't have the funds.

Ricker

I am pretty sure EBGames up here in Canada will have something for this before release,it only comes out next year after all...otherwise I will be quite happy with the regular copy...

Clott

Wow I just got really excited, thinking wow it's finally comin out, then going to Wikipedia to see a 2013 release date. Yeah, I would have rather not been reminded at all.

Jessicat

Hi all, just read through this thread and am disappointed by the lack of availability of this edition of Ni no Kuni for the other (better) half of North America :p I decided to contact VGP (videogamesplus.ca) about this limited/special/wizard edition and if they would stock it here in Canada/on their website, and here's the reply:

Hi,
We are working on getting some of these. We will most likely have
them available but at a higher price than they sell it for on their own website. However, if we can get them through regular distribution in Canada than it will be the same price. We will make an announcement as soon as we have more info on our blog, facebook and twitter accounts. We also will send this info out on our newsletter.
Thanks,
*name removed*
Customer Service Representative

So there you have it, I'm hoping for more info from them soon. I can't deal with Amazon or EB Games unless necessary, as I've had my share of screw ups, damage, etc from them both :\

zroid

Banned
I guess if I have to buy it second-hand new, it may as well be from a reputable retailer rather than off ebay. But I still think Namco will strike up a Canadian distro deal with EBGames, which would be preferable for me.

Hi all, just read through this thread and am disappointed by the lack of availability of this edition of Ni no Kuni for the other (better) half of North America :p I decided to contact VGP (videogamesplus.ca) about this limited/special/wizard edition and if they would stock it here in Canada/on their website, and here's the reply:

So there you have it, I'm hoping for more info from them soon. I can't deal with Amazon or EB Games unless necessary, as I've had my share of screw ups, damage, etc from them both :\

But shipping isn't free with VGP. So if it's at a higher price + shipping it's not so hot anymore.

That's why I'm personally hoping for amazon.ca.

Jessicat

But shipping isn't free with VGP. So if it's at a higher price + shipping it's not so hot anymore.

That's why I'm personally hoping for amazon.ca.
I prefer getting my games in "off the shelf" condition instead of "run over by a truck" condition though :\ I'd pay more for shipping in that case *shrug* Haven't seen any other options yet ._.

Other people said otherwise... someone in this thread even said it looked like the hold was removed, but then a charge showed up a little while later.

It was a standard credit card hold. A test charge is placed on an account to verify it, then is released within 2-3 business days.

Also, think this is worth a new thread? Seems like an interesting bit of new news...

If you preorder with Payal you will be charged in full right away. If you pay with a Credit Card they will charge you, but then put the money back in a few days later.

Ponn

Banned
I know there are some negatives floating around with this but if you can preorder it lets support this. It's an actual good Collectors Edition and for the U.S. a rare thing outside Atlus and NIS. No stupid figurines, blow up dolls or pillow cases. That book looks great. Really sad if they can't even move 6000 Collectors Edition as a RPG lover.

Sushigod7

I know there are some negatives floating around with this but if you can preorder it lets support this. It's an actual good Collectors Edition and for the U.S. a rare thing outside Atlus and NIS. No stupid figurines, blow up dolls or pillow cases. That book looks great. Really sad if they can't even move 6000 Collectors Edition as a RPG lover.

Agreed I'm in for one even if they take the money now I'm fine I want the extra's and I need the book in English. Someone posted the ninostarter on the amazon message boards as well so hopefully we'll get to 6k. The positives outweigh the negatives in this situation lets rally!

Top Bottom