• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NI-OH Alpha Demo Available Until May 5 - Prepare to Die A Lot

trbntyjhrtghrt6h6sjs2.jpg

Ah, that's bummer.

Still, can't wait to finally play this.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Nier and Ni-Oh. PS4 on fire for me.
I still can't believe we're getting these two games cause they look soooooo damn right up my alley. Hope they really put in work on both titles and make them the best they can be cause these IPs will be worth it I feel. Can't wait to try the Nioh alpha for myself.

This might carry elements of the other games like Oni and Dark Souls, but it's definitely not those games when you actually play it. It looks like a more methodical NG, and I mean that in the best way possible.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Why would they do that? Is it because it has an online system similar to Souls? Such a bummer. Oh well atleast I will have time this weekend to give the demo a go. So excited about this game.

Do we know if this game has a traditional story, or if its obscure and lore-y like soulsborne??

Love souls games, but i literally ignore the lore stuff.

This might carry elements of the other games like Oni and Dark Souls, but it's definitely not those games when you actually play it. It looks like a more methodical NG, and I mean that in the best way possible.

Good to hear. It can retain similar aesthetics but at least it isn't a copy cat and is its own thing.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Have you played this game? Interesting to hear that it is more like a methodical NG. I think I will like that!!

jacobeid

Banned
Given that they're releasing a demo now, does anyone else think that this game could hit during the summer lull? I'm guessing August...

DKHF

Given that they're releasing a demo now, does anyone else think that this game could hit during the summer lull? I'm guessing August...
That seems reasonable and I hope so since a more quiet period would be good for this game getting more attention.

Solrac

early impressions: 20min or so

graphics, it doesn't matter what mode you choose ( movie / action ) it looks like an early ps3 games, and runs super bad ( i know is an alpha ).

button mapping looks like a complete mess, you have to use your dpad ( up ) to use your estus.

combat, feels clunky and unfair, maybe I need to try more to get used to it.

Top Bottom