• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

ZoronMaro

Question, can I change the difficulty midgame?

Probably a stupid question since I don't think you could in Nier or most platinum games, but I thought I'd ask cause I want to get a taste of harder modes before putting it down to baby mode cause I don't want to be dying all the time. Also I will most likely do a lot of grinding and if that makes normal too easy I'd be disappointed.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The game has a close to 3GB day one patch by the way.

Jiraiza

Probably a stupid question since I don't think you could in Nier or most platinum games, but I thought I'd ask cause I want to get a taste of harder modes before putting it down to baby mode cause I don't want to be dying all the time. Also I will most likely do a lot of grinding and if that makes normal too easy I'd be disappointed.

Yep, you can.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lol (early gameplay spoilers)
the game starts out playing like Astebreed (shmup that changes views from time to time) haha

Nice! How's the reversible cover for R3?

No reversible

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Don't bother. I just did this and it basically lets you play the same porton of the game as the demo, then won't allow you to continue on until the rest of the download finishes. It also did not allow me to save so I'm going to have to do it again.

Ah okay. Thanks for the heads up

bman94

Don't know much about this game but the footage I've seen so far looks amazing. I can't believe how much people were doubting Platinum Games during the whole Scalebound fiasco.

cerulily

Wow that
Adam and Eve boss fight was brutal. But very cool that it was in 2d. I also appreciate that it's a space station full of lesbians. that's awesome.

So... I played the first level and now I'm stuck because the game is saying it's still installing.

Anyone else have the game and encounter this?

12BoM

Wow that
Adam and Eveboss fight was brutal. But very cool that it was in 2d. I also appreciate that it's a space station full of lesbians. that's awesome.

dude are you serious? how are you gonna spoiler tag the name of the fight but then go ahead and actually describe the goddamn fight without spoiler tagging.

jesus

LotusHD

Banned
Gonna say it again:

Oh yea, a reminder to those who have the game, please do a good job concerning spoilers: Actually make it clear what you're about to put in spoilers for one thing (Ending spoilers:
We're getting a happy ending
, and I'd appreciate if you don't make it obvious either.

Like for example:

Yes.

It'd be relatively easy to infer that I'm saying yes, no? So for yes/no questions for example, don't make it so obvious what the answer is. But yea, I see this a lot in the OT threads, and since this game is so story-heavy, I'd appreciate it if we took greater care not to accidentally spoil stuff for others.

MikeDown

Banned
Well I just bought 460HKD.

Is it easy to set up an HK acct? Should I just youtube it?
Fairly easy, just make sure you have a spare email address, sign up for a new PSN account through your playstation (at least that is what I did, prolly quicker to do it in a browser), and make sure to select Hong Kong as your region. Once you verify your email then you're all set.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
If I quit the game to title from the "waiting to install screen" will I have to go through the entire first level again or did it save?

12BoM

I am so salty. And I also ended up spoiling myself on which boss he was talking about because i had to edit my post so that nobody else would see the parts he left untagged.

Dammit

Crayon

Yep, you can.

That's good. I had the same question.

edit: Cerulily, you dork. You did't think that was a spoiler but it is!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Whole level again.

You gotta be kidding me. Great so now I'm stuck with a throttled download that happens when you are running an application. 4 hours left as opposed to 20 minutes if an application isn't running.

Brilliant.

Slaythe

You gotta be kidding me. Great so now I'm stuck with a throttled download that happens when you are running an application. 4 hours left as opposed to 20 minutes if an application isn't running.

Brilliant.

First of all I'm pretty sure there is no "throttle", just stop and restart your DL until you get decent speed.

Second, just set your ps4 in rest mode, wait 20 minutes, call it a day ?

pezzie

Yeah the game is left open at my end as well and my download is as fast as I've seen my PS4 do. This was a dumb oversight though, they should really have put the save before the download block.

bodine1231

Awesome,downloading now. This is perfect because I was worried I wouldnt get to this for a long ass time one Horizon,Zelda and Mass Effect come out,marathoning this ASAP.

Exentryk

NieR Automata next to MGR in Platinum Games' office.

C5UosYYVYAEkFKU.jpg:large

Don't bother. I just did this and it basically lets you play the same porton of the game as the demo, then won't allow you to continue on until the rest of the download finishes. It also did not allow me to save so I'm going to have to do it again.

oddly my download is complete + 1.02 patch, still getting that error... i'm concerned

Edit: Disregard, it's still downloading behind the scenes

got the NA version pre ordered and I'm not sure if the other version are available in the stores near me.

I feel you. I couldn't wait. Plus I was tired of waiting to see if i'd be granted a review code or not. That, plus the Switch next week, and PAX East after that.

Yeah, I gotta get this beat and done before then ;)

cerulily

Jesus dude. Spoiler that shit (I did it for you)

I didn't really think those were spoilers at all. We've known there are perspective changes and i didn't really think some inconsequential npc details. But i've edited for those far more sensitive to spoilers.

Top Bottom