• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

jonjonaug

Question: Are those items at the bottom of the materials list that say "can be exchanged for money" 100% safe to sell, not used for upgrades or quests or anything? It feels like the Machine Cores should have some use after the game went out of its way to point the first one out.

Makikou

Wake up at 7am and there it is on HK store. Downloading now so back to sleep <3

Oh and it's definitely not slow dl because 10gb done in 30mins.

Get in contact with the store and they should swap it. Dude i know did the samething a couple hours ago.
Wouldn't matter, psn doesn't do refunds. Play asia worked fine but the codes are used. I've had a similar situation before when I wasn't trying to import, Sony don't refund.

I'm just gonna say I gave square a giant tip, and that yoko taro will have 2 sales from me. *sigh*

cheesekao

Wouldn't matter, psn doesn't do refunds. Play asia worked fine but the codes are used. I've had a similar situation before when I wasn't trying to import, Sony don't refund.

I'm just gonna say I gave square a giant tip, and that yoko taro will have 2 sales from me. *sigh*
The poster wasn't talking about refunds though? No harm in trying to see if you can swap versions.

mankoto

Anyone complete the sidequest
Lost Girl
? After the third enemy encounter in the
desert
she just stops moving. This has happened more than once. Am I missing something? Honestly kind of annoyed at this point and just want to move on

TissueBox

Question: Are those items at the bottom of the materials list that say "can be exchanged for money" 100% safe to sell, not used for upgrades or quests or anything? It feels like the Machine Cores should have some use after the game went out of its way to point the first one out.

They should be yeah. (At least I haven't encountered anything otherwise yet. :p) I think the rationale behind machine cores is that since they were made distinctly for machines they don't hold any use for upgrading an android so are more artifact than accommodation in that regard. And anything most important should be in the key materials so they don't get accidentally discarded.

In most fetch quests (besides like the first couple) the stuff you end up needing to get are special items exclusive for that quest anyway so you won't be regretting selling off your junk or whatever. You do need a lot of the others for weapon upgrades though so keep an eye on those if you have a weapon in mind.

pezzie

It doesn't hurt to ask. I once bought a PS3 version of Jackbox Party Pack when I meant to buy the PS4 version, asked them to swap, and they refunded me.

Finalow

Nice.

This means I can still play longer doing some quests.

Hopefully there's some wacky ones like from the NieR.
you don't finish this game, even if it's just the first ending/ending A, in 7 hours, unless you rush through the story like he did.

which is why those complaints about the game being super short were silly.

there is a lot to explore, plenty of sidequests (some of them are pretty long too) and stuff to do, obviously if you skip most if not all of that then you won't take 20 hours to reach the end.

pezzie

Yeah, I've been taking my time exploring the world and fighting random packs. It's really nice and trying to get places is kind of fun.

I'm having a blast with this game. Just a few hours in right now and I'm calling it a night, but I'm glad I dropped the extra $14 for the HK version. The wait would have been brutal.

Crayon

Don't know much about this game but the footage I've seen so far looks amazing. I can't believe how much people were doubting Platinum Games during the whole Scalebound fiasco.

Jump in for the us release! It's a good way to honor the memory of scalebound!

Wow, I freaked out for a second since I thought this game was coming out in the EU on the 23rd - ie today - as well (just started Yakuza and Horizon is around the corner!).

Thank god it's coming out.. wait, what!? Just after Zelda? Goddamn it, I hope this game doesn't get buried.
It will.

Waiting on reviews, but I have good feelings about this one. If it gets solid ratings, I'll buy it just to show support for the teams involved.

TissueBox

Decided to reload an earlier save and try the english VA's for (just) a bit. xP The banter is conveyed so hilariously and emotionally well in the JP version, can't help but wonder if the english voices nail it.

ARE YOU KIDDING? 62 DAYS? WHY did i do this, why??? I'm so stupid :(

EDIT : yup i'm stupid, but not in the same way as excepted, see my post belove

Woah, pt. 2

Seems like this is becoming a good reading comprehension test..

wow i've got an heart attack, thank you! didn't realise there were a third version a bit lower on the PSN page! Way to overreact, i just got up (7 AM here), sorry guys :)

That edit though.

yeah i realised it was stupid after i written it, after all if it was true, it's still my fault for buying it too quickly

I called, they arent going to swap/refund me. So I guess I'll have to take the loss.
had I known I was going to pay this much I would have preorder the collectors edition

On the plus side torment is in 5 days, so I'll have something to play while I'm waiting.

bodine1231

Stuck at "The game is currently being installed" screen,when I go to the cross media bar it is showing as installed already,what gives?

jonjonaug

Game indeed gets harder once it opens up after a certain point*. Time to do some mini-grindin'..

*Ie once you get fast travel option.

Do any side quests become inaccessible before this? Because fuck if I'm running to the far end of the desert and amusement park areas again just for this philosophy bozo's sidequest.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I called, they arent going to swap/refund me. So I guess I'll have to take the loss.
had I known I was going to pay this much I would have preorder the collectors edition

On the plus side torment is in 5 days, so I'll have something to play while I'm waiting.

That's crazy they won't fix it. Sorry to hear it

Top Bottom