• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo came out with Guns blazing. Grade that Nintendo Direct!

What do you grade the Nintendo Direct?

• I do not play many Nintendo games so I cannot make a valid opinion.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • A (Bravo, well done, excellent, chef's kiss)

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • B (It was pretty good, a couple of titles caught my attention)

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • C (It was alright, maybe one or two games look ok)

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • D (that kinda stunk, not much for me)

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • F (Terrible)

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I do not know what is going on with Sony and Microsoft studios but their game releases have slowed down to a trickle. I would say that is the industry standard but you look at Nintendo and they just keep shelling out the hits.

I just watched this showcase and got to say it was better than many entire E3's I remember. There were at least 6 games I will be buying and they all looked Fun. The Fan service at the end with the Metroid Prime 4 gameplay was just icing on an already delicious feast. I do not know what is in the water over there at Nintendo but themselves and the studio's working under them keep shitting out Gold.

I got to give this an A+. Sure there were some filler and games I do not care about but showing that many NEW releases and having the Switch 2 in the Pipeline, you just couldn't ask for more.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's a system on its supposed death bed right before a successor and they're still putting everything else to shame with it seven years on with just the same concern trolling (or bs about kids market when we have the real stats of Switch) we've heard since 2015 against it by those who can't face reality.

But yeah just merge this with the other thread(s).

Last edited:
I don’t see how that wasn’t an A. Unless an A is completely unattainable. New Mario & Luigi, cool new 2D Zelda, gameplay reveal of Metroid Prime 4. DQ 3. That was a slammin Direct.

Last edited:

Rran

Awesome, so many great-looking reveals. Surprise appearance by Yuji Horii. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, freaking Perfect Dark!

WoJ

Nintendo blowing away Sony and Microsoft with their console that is 7 years old, that when released was running 7+ish old hardware.

nial

Gold Member
And yes, I'm mad because I loved everything out of DKCTF, while that MP4 trailer just looks worse and worse each time.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Metroid Prime 4 looked great as did the DQ III remake. Not a bad showing at all, but I don’t think I’d rank it over everything Microsoft had.

Saber

Gold Member
Already gave my score, which was C.

But don't take that as a bad or anything, I would totally watch it again for games like DQ, DK or the reveal of Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. Theres aways a thing or two that warms my heart in their direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom