• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Nintendo Direct is over...who won non-E3 this June 2024? Nintendo or Microsoft?

who won non-E3? Nintendo or Microsoft?

• Nintendo

• Microsoft

• Both are equally great

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sacred

Metroid was great surprise, for some reason I thought that the Switch 2 was getting revealed today. Anyways, there was a few good remakes and the new Zelda looks ok.

That being said MS had one of the best shows in a decade and delivered games for everyone for the next 2 years and they have more they kept back. I also am just not a fan of the Nintendo presentations, easy win for MS.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Gold Member
Im surprised that Nintendo is trying to cook this hard with the next system so close. They kinda just let the gamecube, wii and wii u die with no major releases (outside of cross gen zelda titles)

Three major mario rpg’s in a year’s time is also nuts. So though i still believe xbox won this year, Nintendo didnt slouch around either

acidagfc

MS at least had SOME new exciting stuff.

All I saw at Ninty is a bunch of remasters, loads of mobile shovelware, new Zelda built from reused assets of the previous one (the gameboy game remake whatever it's name is) and a teaser for MP4 that is still at least a year away.

Holammer

MS presentation was competently put together and there was no annoying segments bringing down the pace. But they never stood a chance, Nintendo just needed to show one good first party title and it was Game Over for the competition.

Shifty1897

MS at least had SOME new exciting stuff.

All I saw at Ninty is a bunch of remasters, loads of mobile shovelware, new Zelda built from reused assets of the previous one (the gameboy game remake whatever it's name is) and a teaser for MP4 that is still at least a year away.
Counterpoint: Almost everything in Nintendo's Direct was a new announcement. Some of the Microsoft stuff was shown at previous years showcases, some as far back as four years ago, Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Avowed, I could go on.

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
I thought Nintendo did a good job catering to a very specific niche audience. What we saw wasn't very diverse. MS on the other hand seemingly tried to announce something for everyone.

Stafford

It's Xbox, and it's not even close.

I watched Nintendo and very few of this I want to play. Even the last one really looks disappointing to me. Whereas for the Xbox show I want to play almost all of those games.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
PC.

(PC excluded because I want to limit this to console only)
World of Warcraft: The War Within (update)
Jackie-Chan-WTF-meme-8u2b.jpg

Last edited:

Thabass

Gold Member
I say they were both great for different reasons.
This is mine.

I do think the strength of the announcements were on Microsoft's side, but in terms of volume of games coming out this year, it's Nintendo, so I'm in the both category.

AJUMP23

I really liked both for different reasons. But ya SONY sucked.

Nintendo had some fun looking games, Zelda looks enjoyable.

MS had COD on GP and lots of other stuff I want to play.

Hudo

Gold Member
Microsoft = Nintendo > diving with a self-built submarine to the Titanic > confusing the update of your smart TV with the updates of your Xbox > Sony > SGF

MacReady13

Easily Nintendo! Firstly, they have stuff coming up that we can play within 6 months to a year! Secondly, Metroid and Zelda. I mean, I’m not too certain how anyone could think Microsoft won but looking at the votes I’m easily outnumbered here. Nintendo killed it and I’m a very happy man! 1st time in a long while I’ve been excited for games coming out! Nintendo just showing that consoles will never die.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
The system that is getting the Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection.

grin-evil.gif
Switch owners get unstable framerates with shitty online, PS5 owners get to enjoy a PS4 version, and PC owners get expensive ports of popular Fightcade games that have been available forever.
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

P.S. I would have preferred a Capcom Arcade Stadium 3 so I could get X-Men vs Street Fighter separately.

Last edited:

lachesis

I think MS won for gfx and overall, but for the games "I" want, Nintendo won for me.
DQ 1-3 HD-2D, Zelda, Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth, Mario & Luigi Brothership, and possibly Last Defense Academy.

But Switch is really showing the age. Some of the cell-shaded games look so rough. I've been playing TOTK for past 11 months, yet not many look any better, and mostly worse.

Looking forward Switch 2, really.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Nintendo and it's not even close. Games that are coming out this year and next. Creative gameplay.. awesome anticipated sequels plus Real gameplay.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Switch owners get unstable framerates with shitty online, PS5 owners get to enjoy a PS4 version, and PC owners get expensive ports of popular Fightcade games that have been available forever.
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

P.S. I would have preferred a Capcom Arcade Stadium 3 so I could get X-Men vs Street Fighter separately.

And Xbox owners?

la-noire-subtle.gif

Not totally fair since Microsoft is showing some games that are several years out and Nintendo rarely does. But the Xbox lineup blows Nintendo away.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

This is the main takeaway

For the best selling console of this gen, its like theyre trying to make it a dust collector (Astro bots looks fun at least i suppose)
You have to take in that PlayStation is getting a large portion of games shown at both shows while the others are left at times. Nintendo shows Marvel Vs Capcom Collection which is also coming to PS4, but not Xbox. Doom is coming to PS5, but not the Switch. Switch gets Lego Horizon Adventures and yet again look at Xbox being left out. They all received MLB 2024 from PlayStation. Xbox needs to start up their cadence first with their releases before I get excited for them. The only game they've published this year aside from the multi-platform ports has been Senua's Saga: Hellblade II.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Microsoft for me. Got stoked for Donkey Kong until I realized it's just another remake. Zelda game seems neat, but I wasn't really feeling the Link's Awakening remake, so I don't know if I'll feel this one either really. Was never into Metroid Prime, but I'm stoked for those that have been waiting for 4 for forever. It's just not for me. Definitely more stuff that I was personally excited about from MS.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I had said it would be Microsoft, after their event. But now I saw Nintendo's I'm gonna say Nintendo.

Because the Switch successor is coming up I assumed Nintendo would not have much to show, but I was wrong. MP4 just sealed the deal for me. It's exactly what I wanted. It looks even better than I was hoping.

Little Mac

MS. Nintendo did a good job but MS really swung for the fences this year. Nintendo could’ve teased Switch 2 and announce performance boosts for existing and today’s announced titles and it would pretty much stolen the show imo.

Last edited:
Microsoft for me. Got stoked for Donkey Kong until I realized it's just another remake. Zelda game seems neat, but I wasn't really feeling the Link's Awakening remake, so I don't know if I'll feel this one either really. Was never into Metroid Prime, but I'm stoked for those that have been waiting for 4 for forever. It's just not for me. Definitely more stuff that I was personally excited about from MS.

DKC Returns is stuck on two dead systems. The Director's Cut style remaster on Switch is something I'm all for.

Besides, it's not like the other two consoles haven't received their share of remasters.

Killer8

You can't really compare them. Xbox is in full swing of its console generation and had almost 2 hours to do its annual big content dump. Nintendo's was a show that was half the length and for a system which by Nintendo's own admission is in its twilight year.

Top Bottom