• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

AdanVC

Pre-Nintendo Direct threads are my favorite GAF threads :D, Ohhhhh I just hope to see an actual Zelda U trailer, pleaseee or at least direct footage of how the game is progressing even if it's just a teaserrrrr

Mory Dunz

Why not

ixmqa04UGWf3J.gif

Wonder if they'll show off more of Kirby? Although I suspect we've seen most of what that game has to offer in terms of modes.

Miyamoto did say the team was putting in more effort than he expected. Might be delayed a couple of months to add polish or an extra mode.
The suspicious thing to me is that tweet a week or two ago where they said "We're happy to announce Splatoon is coming in 2015!" It had art saying 2015 and everything.

Which, yeah. You guys have said Q2 for a while. It sounds a lot like the way companies try to stealthily delay things without hard dates.

I heard Mario Maker is as well. They can't put Mario Maker, Kirby and Yoshi all within the 1st 6th months, can they? That would be insane. I put it in the Captain Toad slot because I thought it made sense as a holiday game, but I guess Mario Party is big enough to carry that.

Considering that the console has zero third party support, one major release per month doesn't sound insane to me. Granted, this is Nintendo we're talking about, so expect delays. Splatoon, for example, already seems like it's been quietly pushed back.

Hugstable

Banned
Not expecting much annoucements from this if they are only talking about Spring 2015. Bet it's gonna be all about New 3DS, Majora 3DS and Kirby Rainbow Curse.

wiibomb

Well I assume we'll get:

New 3DS Launch Date
Majora's Mask 3D (launching same day as new 3DS)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, while mentioning amiibo support
Mention of Yoshi Wooly World with amiibo support info

What I hope to get:

Wave 4 announcement
New 3DS Ambassador program for the US
Mewtwo date

there is a depressing lack of MH4U there...

chadboban

C'mon Soraya! Give me some hope here!

If she doesn't retweet I'm guessing in terms of Wii U stuff we'll be seeing things like Splatoon, Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby and 3ds will be MM3D and Codename steam. Also, I highly doubt we'll see anything Zelda related here. New 3ds announcement is also pretty much guaranteed.

hatchx

Banned
So:
3DS
-n3DS north america release
-monHun 4 north america
-xenoblade n3ds
-codename steam + n3ds features
-Majoras Mask release date and new features

wiiU
-Kirby overview in english
-Yoshi Wooly World blow-out and release date (March)
-More on Xenoblade
-More on Splatoon
-More on Mario Maker
-SNES remix.

I've been so pumped waiting for a Nintendo Direct and it happens the ONE fucking day I am stuck in meetings at work all day....god that pisses me off...

Anyway...

ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering that the console has zero third party support, one major release per month doesn't sound insane to me. Granted, this is Nintendo we're talking about, so expect delays. Splatoon, for example, already seems like it's been quietly pushed back.

It's not the amount of games, just the tone of them. Three mascot platformers (Kirby is close enough) that close together seems like a bad idea, spread them out.

So what, it's going to take place at around 2pm GMT? Excellent.

Not too concerned about the n3DS UK release date anymore personally. Imported a n3DS XL from Australia last month then bought a Japanese n3DS when I was in Japan last week. What I want is GAMES, GAMES, GAMES. Wii U and 3DS.

Give us that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate release date, MM3D release date, CODE Steam Release date, couple of localisation announcements would be nice and whatever new games they have to announce. Being honest, I don't want much out of this direct but since it's a January one I expect it'll exceed my slightly tempered expectations given the last couple of years.

Hype train boarded. Let's go.

Volotaire

snip

This was said fake list. Notice the most glaring sign of forgery: Capcom giving a fuck about Okami again.

Of course this is fake. It's a list of Nintendo related products posted on the internet in the time of increased speculation, photographed at an angle.

Guys, NoAu almost always posts the same stuff a NoE about 24 hours late. It's not necessarily a tease of anything.
The suspicious thing to me is that tweet a week or two ago where they said "We're happy to announce Splatoon is coming in 2015!" It had art saying 2015 and everything.

Which, yeah. You guys have said Q2 for a while. It sounds a lot like the way companies try to stealthily delay things without hard dates.

Oh, I'd never thought about it like that, though you could be right. I just assumed they were being vague because adding Q2 in there would have looked weird.

Fucking Star Fox, calling it now. Also Zelda and the new 3ds blow out.The rest iof the world might have gotten it first, but it ain't a release until america gets it.

Velcro Fly

Hard to get excited knowing I'll be able to watch for about 15 minutes before leaving for work and then having the whole day to sit and wonder what I should be getting excited for :(

Top Bottom